Dragon's Decorative Mod

It seems like most (but not all) of the ambient objects will become superfluous once tModLoader catches up to Labor of Love:

Pots, orbs/hearts, larva, bulbs, and altars are unlikely to be covered by the Gravel Maker, however.

It seems like most (but not all) of the ambient objects will become superfluous once tModLoader catches up to Labor of Love:

Pots, orbs/hearts, larva, bulbs, and altars are unlikely to be covered by the Gravel Maker, however.
Oh wow, that's awesome. I've heard this asked before, and I think they said that it would be too hard, so I'm surprised they're adding this. When 1.4.4 comes out, I'll remove any ambient objects that's already in the game. Maybe I can even make stuff like pots, placeable with the new shovel instead of being crafted.

Updated to 1.12​

• Horizontal Books (Single and Stacked).
  • Lectern.
  • Book Sign.
These are NPC themed tiles (I went with library stuff for the guide). I have more sprites created from Guide to Stylist, but I realized it would better to start adding the coding before I move on to more NPCs, so more of these tiles are coming.

Updated to 1.13​

• Added
    • Box of Arrows
    • Globe
    • Placeable Rope Coil
    • Weighted Scale Sign
    • Hospital Bed
    • Heart Sign
    • Healthy Swiss Sign
    • Skeleton Model (I still need to give Skeleton Model a right facing direction).
  • Changed item icon for Horizontal Book variants to be more visible.
  • Bugfix: Aquarium was skipping its last animation frame.

Update to 1.14​

• Replaced Weighting Scale Sign with Bag Sign.
  • Updated Sign textures.
  • Added Pure Spirit Lamp (every once in a while, it will have a Genie animation).

Update to 1.15​

• Added
    • Easel
    • Placeable Golf Cart
    • Paint Bottle (Double and Single forms).
  • Gave Skeleton Model a right facing variant.
  • Texture Fix: Heart sign didn't have metal bar for left and right styles.

Updated to 1.17.1 (Somehow some version numbers got skipped).​

• Bugfix Horizontal Book Variants were sold for 3 Gold instead of 3 Silver like vanilla Books.

Updated to 1.17.2​

• "Rope Coil Placeable" renamed to "Placeable Rope Coil".
  • Changed the Pure Spirit Lamp texture (now it looks like Desert Spirit Lamp with Pearlsand coloring).

Updated to 1.18​

• Wall flowers:
    • now longer come in different colored variants, instead they have been altered so only the flowers are paintable and not the leaves.
    • Updated flower arrangements, which now comes in 6 instead of 4.
  • Added Healthy Cross Sign.
  • Spoiler to hidden 1.4.4 change: Changed Moon Globe use time and texture to match future 1.4.4 version (everything else is the same including what it does and how it's unlocked, which is I find very surprising).
  • Bugfix: Added value to Hospital Bed.
  • Bugfix: Placement for custom signs improved (unfortunately, I had to swap some variants around, so I recommend checking these signs if you placed them). I'm currently trying to get help with better anchor origin's for them. I also want them to switch styles automatically when blocks around them are mined, which I'm also trying to get help with.
  • Texture Change: Flipped the Skeleton Model item sprite.

Updated to 1.19.2​

• Added:
    • Shampoo
    • Mannequin Heads (left and right with bald and different hairstyle variants)
    • Placeable Paint Bucket
  • Gave hospital bed a separate item sprite.
  • Healthy Cross Sign is now crafted with 14 wood instead of 6 (it's larger).
  • Texture Fix: Updated Bag Sign's item texture to match tile.
  • Texture Fix: Aquarium was drawn 2 pixels in the ground, but this left a gap on top when placing objects on it. It's no longer drawn 2 pixels down.

Last edited:

Updated to 1.20​

• Added placeable Thread. Painting will change only thread part of the texture.
  • Ambient Objects:
    • Changed crafting recipes to match 1.4.4's Rubblemaker.
    • Will now drop their crafting ingredient when mined.
    • Ambient Objects that required Living Loom, now require Heavy Workbench like the rest of them.
    • Removed no longer needed Bloodclump material.
    • Plantera's Bulb is now longer dropped by Plantera, now it's crafted with 1 Chlorophyte Ore.
  • Large Kegs are now counted as a Keg Crafting station.
  • Updated Box of Arrows and Easel textures.
  • Bugfix: Mannequin heads no longer have a value.
  • Bugfix: One of the Ambient Tiles was chatting it's frame style when broken.
  • Graphic Fix: Horizontal Book variants are now drawn 2 pixels down.

Updated to 1.21.1​

I actually published this Oct 7th, but tModLoader failed to do so, even though it gave an indication that it was published. I'm sure it worked this time.
  • Added ability to disable content. This can be useful if multiple mods add the same thing.

Last edited:

Updated to 1.22​

• Added Snowman with 6 placement variations.
  • Added Cyan, Orange, Pink, Purple, White, and Yellow Christmas Lights (Red, Green, and Blue are in the vanilla game).
  • Added Lawn Candy Cane. Painting them will only change the color of the stripes, which allows for different colored stripes.

Updated to 1.23.1​

• New Tied Balloons. The look just like Silly Tied Bundle of Balloons except the two back balloons come in 12 different matching colors, while the front balloon is paintable.
  • New Mysterious Tablet. A placeable version of Mysterious Tablet that drops from the Moon Lord.
  • New Flowery Plant. Painting will change the color of the flowers only.
  • Plants and Single Tile Plants were flipping their sprite horizontally every other tile; now they will flip randomly. NOTE: This change also means that most of these tiles that were already placed will have their style changed.
  • Bugfix: Some tiles where incorrectly acting as tables.

Updated to 1.23.3​

• Bugfix: I accidentally set Planters as a non table surface.
  • Fixed some item values.
  • Fixed some tooltip typos.
  • Fixed Mysterious Tablet's name, from "MysteriousTablet" to "Mysterious Tablet".

Last edited:

Updated to 1.24.2​

• Clover and Four-Leaf Clover
  • Clover Decal and Four-Leaf Clover Decal
  • New Painting (St. Patrick's Day Themed)
  • Large Pot (acts as a table, you can place gold on it).
  • Mushrooms now have separate map colors.
  • Bugfix: Health Cross and Swiss Signs config was showing text in place of icon.
  • Bugfix: Configuration for Globe was missing.
  • Bugfix: Configuration for Paint Bottle wasn't being used.
  • Bugfix: Medusa Watching painting's item drop box when mining was smaller than it should be.

Last edited:
This is a very nice mod. I really like the new decorations it adds. The Aquarium is probably my favourite one! I also really like that some of these decorations are very complex.

I have a couple of suggestions to make the mod even better.

1. All the placeables in the base game use the Swing useStyle. Some of the placeables in your mod use a different one. I think that should be changed for consistency.

2. I think all the placeable versions of existing items should be crafted on a Heavy Workbench. Also, the word "Placeable" should be changed to "Decorative". All if these changes are needed for consistency with decorative potions and a repaired life crystal from the 1.4.4.

3. It would've been cool if the pottery version of a Rubblemaker was one of the options that you can get by right-clicking it similarly to how you switch sizes of rubble. If that's hard to do, maybe the item should look different not to resemble the Rubblemaker to prevent requests like this one.

4. I've found out that you can attach Wall Vines to a nearby block without needing a wall behind it. Not sure if it's intentional or not since Wall Flowers don't have this ability.

5. I know it's a strange question, but why does a Lawn Candy Cane produce light? Sure, you can turn it off using wires, but why does something made of candy produce light in the first place?

6. I think some items should have better names. Right now some different items have similar names and some names are just slightly weird.

Here are my ideas:
Potted Christmas Tree Snowy -> Potted Snowy Christmas Tree;
Horizontal Book Stacked -> Horizontal Stacked Books;
Easter Egg -> Colorful Easter Egg;
Easter Egg (Single Color) -> Easter Egg;
Lectern with Book -> Lectern with a Book;
Rubblemaker Pottery -> Rubblemaker (Pottery);

Plants should also have different names, but I'm not too sure how to call them.

7. Right now the mod requires Shop Expander to get certain items. This is the case with the Santa Claus NPC. He has only one free slot in the base game and this mod adds 3 items to it. Besides, Santa Clause can only arrive in hardmode and I think these items can be obtained in a different way, solving both problems:
1) Paintable Light is obtained by throwing any Christmas Light into the Shimmer. Makes sense since your version is superior (Shimmer gave it the power).
2) Snowman is craftable using snow and some other things. Waiting until hardmode just to place a Snowman is a bit too rough anyway.
3) Lawn Candy Cane is craftable from Candy Cane Blocks. This is a logical recipe that will also make this item obtainable earlier in the game.

Also, the Painter sells this mod's items in both of his shops. Not sure if you can do something about it, but it'd be nice if they were only sold in the "Decor" shop.

8. I think rather than adding a Lectern with a Book item, what if you allowed people to right-click Lectern while holding a Book to place a book on it and right-click without holding a book to get it back? It'd be pretty original.

9. I think some sprites do need some tweaks. For example, paint bottles, a globe, a hospital bed or easter eggs. The palettes and the shading on those could be improved. Also, would be nice if a Skeleton Model used Skeleton's palette. Sure it is meant to look artificial, but this change would make it usable in more types of builds (it would fit well in a haunted house build, for example).

10. Lastly, I have a couple of mod compatibility suggestions.
1) Could you, please, make a Rubblemaker place Blood Chamber Pots (from Thorium mod) once it's ported to 1.4.4? They would consume Bloodstained Blocks.
2) Consolaria mod implemets the St. Patric's Day. Would be cool if Bags o' Green dropped from enemies then. Easter Bags could drop from Lepus as well. They wouldn't be decraftable using Shimmer until hardmode to prevent getting Pixie Dust in pre-hardmode. It's not really a suggestion, just something for you to think about.

By the way, shouldn't there be an apostrophe before the letter "s" in the name (shouldn't the mod be called Dragon's Decorative Mod)?

I hope you'll find my feedback helpful. Good luck!

This is a very nice mod. I really like the new decorations it adds. The Aquarium is probably my favourite one! I also really like that some of these decorations are very complex.

I have a couple of suggestions to make the mod even better.

1. All the placeables in the base game use the Swing useStyle. Some of the placeables in your mod use a different one. I think that should be changed for consistency.

2. I think all the placeable versions of existing items should be crafted on a Heavy Workbench. Also, the word "Placeable" should be changed to "Decorative". All if these changes are needed for consistency with decorative potions and a repaired life crystal from the 1.4.4.

3. It would've been cool if the pottery version of a Rubblemaker was one of the options that you can get by right-clicking it similarly to how you switch sizes of rubble. If that's hard to do, maybe the item should look different not to resemble the Rubblemaker to prevent requests like this one.

4. I've found out that you can attach Wall Vines to a nearby block without needing a wall behind it. Not sure if it's intentional or not since Wall Flowers don't have this ability.

5. I know it's a strange question, but why does a Lawn Candy Cane produce light? Sure, you can turn it off using wires, but why does something made of candy produce light in the first place?

6. I think some items should have better names. Right now some different items have similar names and some names are just slightly weird.

Here are my ideas:
Potted Christmas Tree Snowy -> Potted Snowy Christmas Tree;
Horizontal Book Stacked -> Horizontal Stacked Books;
Easter Egg -> Colorful Easter Egg;
Easter Egg (Single Color) -> Easter Egg;
Lectern with Book -> Lectern with a Book;
Rubblemaker Pottery -> Rubblemaker (Pottery);

Plants should also have different names, but I'm not too sure how to call them.

7. Right now the mod requires Shop Expander to get certain items. This is the case with the Santa Claus NPC. He has only one free slot in the base game and this mod adds 3 items to it. Besides, Santa Clause can only arrive in hardmode and I think these items can be obtained in a different way, solving both problems:
1) Paintable Light is obtained by throwing any Christmas Light into the Shimmer. Makes sense since your version is superior (Shimmer gave it the power).
2) Snowman is craftable using snow and some other things. Waiting until hardmode just to place a Snowman is a bit too rough anyway.
3) Lawn Candy Cane is craftable from Candy Cane Blocks. This is a logical recipe that will also make this item obtainable earlier in the game.

Also, the Painter sells this mod's items in both of his shops. Not sure if you can do something about it, but it'd be nice if they were only sold in the "Decor" shop.

8. I think rather than adding a Lectern with a Book item, what if you allowed people to right-click Lectern while holding a Book to place a book on it and right-click without holding a book to get it back? It'd be pretty original.

9. I think some sprites do need some tweaks. For example, paint bottles, a globe, a hospital bed or easter eggs. The palettes and the shading on those could be improved. Also, would be nice if a Skeleton Model used Skeleton's palette. Sure it is meant to look artificial, but this change would make it usable in more types of builds (it would fit well in a haunted house build, for example).

10. Lastly, I have a couple of mod compatibility suggestions.
1) Could you, please, make a Rubblemaker place Blood Chamber Pots (from Thorium mod) once it's ported to 1.4.4? They would consume Bloodstained Blocks.
2) Consolaria mod implemets the St. Patric's Day. Would be cool if Bags o' Green dropped from enemies then. Easter Bags could drop from Lepus as well. They wouldn't be decraftable using Shimmer until hardmode to prevent getting Pixie Dust in pre-hardmode. It's not really a suggestion, just something for you to think about.

By the way, shouldn't there be an apostrophe before the letter "s" in the name (shouldn't the mod be called Dragon's Decorative Mod)?

I hope you'll find my feedback helpful. Good luck!
I like all these suggestions and I'll add them to my list of things to do for this mod. My PC broke half way through developing my mods, so I had to finish it on a PC that I can borrow every now and then. For a while, I wont be able to make updates and bug fixes as fast as I would like.

Some things I'd like to reply about:
5: The candy canes aren't made of candy, there yard decorations similar to these: link.
7: I forgot about this, I was hoping Shop Expander would be out before 1.4.4. I wish tModLoader had this feature built in. It doesn't take much to cause the shops to get overloaded by multiple mods, so it seems like a necessary feature.
9: The skeleton model is supposed to be like the kind you'd see in a doctor's office, but I like the idea of an alternate style that uses that palette.
Extra: I didn't know my mod didn't have an apostrophe, I'll fix that.

In the middle of updating my mods to 1.4.4+, my PC died. I had to finish updating on a borrowed computer. In the next several months, updates and bug fixes will probably happen slower than usual.​

Updated to 2.2.2​

Changes​

• Paint will now change the glow color for:
    • Short and Tall Potted Mushroom Plants
    • Fake Altars
    • Fake Shadow Orb
    • Fake Crimson Heart
    • Peaceful Plantera’s Bulb
    • Candy Cane
    • All alternate colored Christmas Lights which are now merged into a single colorable light.
  • Snowman
    • Left and Right versions are now a single item that places tiles randomly with the direction dependent on your player’s direction.
    • Sprites updated so the tiles are now 3x4 instead of 4x4.
  • Candy Cane will now glow and can be toggled on and off with wires.
  • Support for Rubble Maker hasn’t been added yet, so: I swapped all Ambient Pot items with Pottery Placer. It works just like Rubble Maker, except you don’t see a visual of the block material you’re using and there’s 1 setting. It’s crafted to and from the Rubble Maker.
  • All Balloons furniture with 1 paintable and 2 with a set color in the back have been replaced by a single Paintable Balloons furniture which allows you to paint all 3 Balloons separately.
  • Aquarium now stretches 2 tiles in the ground like Cages in 1.4.4+ do. Aquarium now has 5 separate randomly animated layers.
  • Healthy Cross sign replaced by Green Cross Sign.
  • Left and Right Mannequin heads are now a single item that places tiles randomly with the direction dependent on your player’s direction.
  • Improved randomization of Mushrooms.
  • St. Patrick’s Day and Easter items are no longer sold, but found in grab bags crafted out of Pixie Dust and Thread (Green Thread for St. Patricks and Pink Thread for Easter).
  • Clover Decal sprites are updated and are now 2x2 tiles instead of 3x3.
  • Mysterious Tablet is no longer dropped from Moon Lord, instead it’s created from Shimmering a Celestial Sigil after defeating Moon Lord.
  • Fake Larva requires Abeemanation
  • Other recipe changes
    • Fake Crimson Altar recipe requires 10 Crimstone instead of 1.
    • Fake Demon Altar recipe requires 10 Ebonstone instead of 1.
    • Fake Crimson Heart recipe requires 8 Crimstone instead of 1.
    • Fake Shadow Orb recipe requires 8 Ebonstone instead of 1.
  • Updated Clover Decal sprites.
  • Updated item sprites for Placeable Paint, Rope Coil, and Thread (uses surface texture similar to placeable items like Repaired Mana Crystal).
  • All configurations have been grouped into expandable boxes. This makes it cleaner with easier navigation.
  • Migrated wiki from Terraria Mods Wiki to Terraria Mods Wiki. WikiThis will now direct to the new Wiki. The previous wiki had lots of ads and pop-ups, while the new Wiki has none.

Bug Fixes / Feature Removal​

• Removed ambient objects now possible with Rubble Maker.
  • Removed Moon Globe which 1.4.4+ added.
  • Added correct Dust and Sounds for many tiles.
  • Fixed: Disabling the Staring Statue would disable all custom NPC drops.
  • Starring Statue value changed from 0 to 60 copper.
  • Fixed: Several tiles placed on walls wouldn’t break when the wall behind them broke.
  • Fixed: Some tiles with overlays weren’t painting right.

I found a bug: Some placement styles of Paint Bottles (Multiple and Single) and Shampoo Bottles are invisible. I'll fix it as soon as I'm able to.

EDIT: I was finally able to test this, and strangely the issue isn't there anymore, so it probably wasn't my mod causing the issue.

Last edited:

Updated to 2.3​

Changes​

• All items now use the Swing animation when using.
  • Renamed items with "Placeable" in their name have "Decorative" instead of "Placeable".
  • Made other small name changes.
  • Candy Canes will now only toggle from wires connected to non-empty spaces in its sprite.
  • Removed Lectern with a Book. Now you can place and remove a book from a Lectern by right clicking on it.
  • Snowman is now crafted out of 30 Snow Block instead of sold.
  • Party Girl now sells Paintable Light, even if it isn't Halloween.
  • Paintable Light can now be crafted out of Red, Green, and Blue Light.
  • Skeleton now has 3 random styles: White, Skeleton NPC colored, Skeleton NPC colored with Skeleton NPC eyes.
  • Tile + Sprite Retextures for: Easter Egg, Single Color Easter Egg, Plastic Easter Egg, Paint Bottle, Paint Bottle Double. Rextured Hospital Bed tile.
  • Large Pot recipe changed, it's now crafted to and from Cooking Pot.

Bug / Typo Fixes​

• Owl Stand was making noise when the game is paused.
  • Candy Cane wasn't toggling its style correctly when powered.
  • Mod didn't have an apostrophe in its name.
  • Paint Bottles are now only sold in Painter's "Decor" shop.

Update to 2.4.2​

Changes​

• Rubblemaker support has been added for tModLoader now, so I removed Rubble Maker Pottery and added pots to the medium setting of the vanilla Rubblemaker (including my custom Granite Pots).
  • Disabled by default: You can now set all crafting recipes by this mod to require a custom "Crafting Key" item in your inventory which is crafted out of a Workbench if the setting is enabled.

Fixes​

• A style of Wall Flower had a pixel that was darker than it's supposed to be.

Update to 2.4.3​

Fixes​

• Bonsai Tree couldn't place on tables.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom