Console Dual Threat: Terraria is Coming to Wii U and 3DS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Terraria US pricing: $19.99
Terraria Australian pricing: $28.95 (45% increase)
-- US/Aus exchange rate = 1:1.37

Terraria Canadian pricing: $29.99 (50% increase)
-- US/CAN exchange rate = 1:1.36

50% more?? Are you serious? Most 3DS games are raised 20% in Canada. As someone who has already purchased Terraria on Steam (for $11 in Canada) and on iOS ($5.79 Canadian), I will most certainly NOT be forking over the cash this time.

Terraria for Xbox One and PS4 costs $24.99 in Canada.
BUT for 3DS, the arguably scaled down version of the game, you charge $30.
I stayed up all night to purchase Terraria on the Nintendo Eshop as soon as it was released, but I won't anymore.
Serious lack of consistency and alienation of fan base. You guys should be ashamed.

Pricing on consoles is not 100% in the control of the publisher or developer - that is especially true when you get into currency differences and the like. Most often "reference" currencies are set (i.e. the US Dollar/Euro/Pound) and then things are spun out from there (at least that is how steam works, so I assume the same for console world). Console pricing is usually done in conjunction with the hardware owner, so it isn't necessarily as simple as "make it what you want."

I'm truly sorry you feel that way. :(

<Insert my usual comments about the PC version being a horrible analog for pricing comparisons because we all know that $10 Terraria in 2011 vs $10 Terraria in 2015 aren't even comparable. We have not charged for updates nor raised the price there as a matter of principle, but that shouldn't then be used to bash other versions...if that makes sense? :) >

3ds version is looking good, I only have three problems.
First, we never you create a world the title screen sags.
Second, the zoom feature is a button, not a scroll like in mobile.
Finally, there is no zoom for the top screen witch I would like to see in the future.

Beside those issues, it is like a mobile/consol version and I am satisfied with how it turned out. :)

Have fun!

I really wanted to get the 3ds version, but $20? really? If I'm going to buy it, I'll buy the version with more capability's for half the price, or get it for a 4th of the price with about the same capability's. Not to say this game isn't worth $20, i'm just trying to save up for a laptop. So if i can get it cheaper i will.

Everybody: I have an announcement. I declare myself the luckiest player in Terraria history maybe. I just got a nymph banner after having the game for just two days. A NYMPH BANNER. It's like a .2% chance drop from one of the rarest enemies in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom