Is this a good idea?

• Yes!

Votes: 5 100.0%
  • No!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Syvwulf

Official Terrarian
Various different armor sets have visual effects, such as giving the player an afterimage when moving (Shadow Armor) or giving them a pulsating aura (Hallowed Armor), wouldn't it be cool to have an NPC sell these effects as you collect armor sets that have them, and use whichever one you want with whichever armor set? They could maybe even be dyed to add even more customization. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, but I couldn't find a Vanity section of suggestions so I assumed it would fit best here.

I've never seen this suggestion before, and it's fantastic. If I could replace the floating shield of the solar armor with one of those edgy vwoosh effects from the shadow or crimson sets, I would be one happy Terrarian.

Dyeing the effects is probably less workable because dyes and animated shaders often fit poorly together (try putting a hades dye on a light pet to see what I mean), but applying an effect in a similar way to the Stylist's hair dyes seems quite doable.

I've seen this sort of thing suggested a few times but honestly I'm going to keep supporting this sort of thing as it continues to pop up in the suggestions area because it really needs to be added yesterday

Back
Top Bottom