Mobile Endless Thorn Chakram loading screen

Nelots

Terrarian
As the title suggests, when opening Terraria I can't get past the Thorn Chakram loading screen. I am presented with the message "Fetching download url", which goes on forever. No further messages, errors or crashes, just an endless loading screen. I must have uninstalled & reinstalled 15 times by now, trying all sorts of things (such as clearing the cache of Terraria and the Google Play Store) but to no avail.

I've read several other threads with this issue and tried the fixes there, but nothing has worked. The issue persists with the free version too. Losing saves isn't a worry, as this is my first time playing mobile Terraria. Any help would be appreciated.

As the title suggests, when opening Terraria I can't get past the Thorn Chakram loading screen. I am presented with the message "Fetching download url", which goes on forever. No further messages, errors or crashes, just an endless loading screen. I must have uninstalled & reinstalled 15 times by now, trying all sorts of things (such as clearing the cache of Terraria and the Google Play Store) but to no avail.

I've read several other threads with this issue and tried the fixes there, but nothing has worked. The issue persists with the free version too. Losing saves isn't a worry, as this is my first time playing mobile Terraria. Any help would be appreciated.
Hi there @Nelots, I know you mentioned trying some fixes that you've seen posted, so I'm not sure if you've tried this one or not. Give it a try if you haven't and let me know if it worked.

From 505 Games' support page: https://support.505games.com/en/sup...-download-url-error-and-can-t-start-terraria-
  1. If it is open, close Terraria completely
  2. Turn on your phone's Airplane Mode so that no data or wi-fi is enabled
  3. Start Terraria (you will likely still get the same error message, but the game should load to the main menu now)
  4. Once you're at the main menu/title screen, turn Airplane Mode off
  5. Now you can login, access your cloud saves, and get back online

Hi there @Nelots, I know you mentioned trying some fixes that you've seen posted, so I'm not sure if you've tried this one or not. Give it a try if you haven't and let me know if it worked.

From 505 Games' support page: https://support.505games.com/en/sup...-download-url-error-and-can-t-start-terraria-
  1. If it is open, close Terraria completely
  2. Turn on your phone's Airplane Mode so that no data or wi-fi is enabled
  3. Start Terraria (you will likely still get the same error message, but the game should load to the main menu now)
  4. Once you're at the main menu/title screen, turn Airplane Mode off
  5. Now you can login, access your cloud saves, and get back online
That was actually one of the first things I tried, but when doing it nothing changes. Still just an endless loading screen.

I downloaded an app called Terraria Launcher, and it launches the game just fine. It seems to disable Google Play services though, as I can't sign in or send my saves to the cloud, so it's definitely not something I'm going to use for long. But at least it's a temporary workaround.

Last edited:
That was actually one of the first things I tried, but when doing it nothing changes. Still just an endless loading screen.

I downloaded an app called Terraria Launcher, and it launches the game just fine. It seems to disable Google Play services though, as I can't sign in or send my saves to the cloud, so it's definitely not something I'm going to use for long. But at least it's a temporary workaround.
It seems to have fixed itself.
I’m glad it seems to have fixed itself. Just to note that the Terraria Launcher app is a third-party app, and using it is at your own risk. There’s no knowing what it could do to your game or files.

Back
Top Bottom