NPCs & Enemies Enemies that don't drop any money

MegaMage314 🌳

Living Tree
I noticed that there's a couple enemies that aren't dropping any money when they really should be, so here's a thread where we can list all of them. The worst example of this would probably be the flying Dutchman mini-boss, which doesn't drop any money at all even though it's a literally a pirate ship and should be filled with cash.

The list:
  • Flying Dutchman
  • Everything from Celestial pillars
  • Nymphs (they seem to be glitched and don't drop money)
  • Tortured soul
  • Moon Lord
  • Martian Saucer
  • Martian Walker
  • Tesla Turret (though this one can be ignored since it's built by another enemy)

Last edited:
Celestial creatures shouldn't drop money. They're celestial. Out of this world. But martians do...
Yeah, following that logic martians absolutely shouldn't. And also half the enemies in the game, since there isn't even much to call 'civilization' in Terraria until YOU make it, so stuff in the sky and whatnot probably shouldn't be dropping money following that logic.

There's also an easy counter to that logic, which is maybe Terraria has a literal universal currency. :p

Yeah, I'm think every enemy in the game is meant to drop at least a little bit of cash. Also, has anyone noticed that some enemies drop way less money than you'd expect? Duke fishron only drops one gold and ten silver, which is less then most pre-hardmode bosses.

I somewhat agree with you! I do think that Flying Dutchman should drop some money, maybe like 10 gold or something, since the captain already drops 5 gold, and the pirate ship is MUCH harder! But I don't think celestial creatures should drop money, since they spawn so commonly, and as of that, you could easily farm celestial creatures for money REAL easy. I mean, take the solar pillar. All of the solar pillar enemies cannot attack through blocks *when standing on the ground*, so you could hide in a box, use lava/minions, and farm tons of money! If the monsters dropped about 25 silver each, you would rack up money extremely quickly, since they spawn until the pillar dies, which you wouldn't kill to stop it from spawning enemies.

A small amount of money from celestial pillar enemies would be nice, as currently if you go through the whole event and fail to beat the moon lord, your only reward is the ability to maybe fail the moon lord again, celestial materials (which run out of uses quickly) or whatever you can craft from celestial materials and sell. And in expert mode, mowing down 600 enemies costs ranged-based characters a lot of bullets/arrows.

I somewhat agree with you! I do think that Flying Dutchman should drop some money, maybe like 10 gold or something, since the captain already drops 5 gold, and the pirate ship is MUCH harder! But I don't think celestial creatures should drop money, since they spawn so commonly, and as of that, you could easily farm celestial creatures for money REAL easy. I mean, take the solar pillar. All of the solar pillar enemies cannot attack through blocks *when standing on the ground*, so you could hide in a box, use lava/minions, and farm tons of money! If the monsters dropped about 25 silver each, you would rack up money extremely quickly, since they spawn until the pillar dies, which you wouldn't kill to stop it from spawning enemies.
You do realize that this is only a problem if the money drops are imbalanced, right? I mean, why the hell would they drop 25 silver each? Additionally, you can do something almost identical in the Hardmode dungeon, and likely more profitably, as Ecto sells for massive quantities of cash, as do the various rare drops.

BTW, Corites can hit you through wall at the Solar Pillar, and they hit like trucks.

I do think that the celestial enemies should drop money, put not a lot. Since you probably are trying to defeat the pillars, 1 silver from each enemy equals 1 gold in total, so I think they should drop 1 silver

Wilkyway Weaver, Cordite

It's not like money even matters, each enemy could drop 25 silver and really wouldn't make a big difference since all that's left is the moon lord. Though 2-5 silver, depending on the enemy, sounds the best.

I kinda like that celestial mobs don't drop anything. This way I can focus entirely on killing them instead of going all OCD and pick up every coin that drops, undoubtly being killed numerous times in the process. :p

I'd prefer Celestial creatures drop something, even if only money. There's no incentive to fighting them. Why can't they drop swords, spells, etc. that match their attacks? It would definitely make the event more interesting.

Tortured Soul doesn't drop money either. Will update and add more if I think of anything.

Well, I mean, you can't take it with you. : 3c
Haha, fair point!

In his spare time, the Tortured Soul kills Red Devils and loots their corpses. That's why Red Devils are so rare. That's why Fire Feathers are a pain in the butt to get. Yep, that's totally my story as to why the Soul should have coins. ^^

Back
Top Bottom