tModLoader Equivalent Exchange 2

Why does the Alchemic Forge (Magical Furnace that holds the power of God) cost so much. I can't find why it's special

Why does the Alchemic Forge (Magical Furnace that holds the power of God) cost so much. I can't find why it's special
It's special because it is what you need to use to convert basic matter to advanced matter and back. It costs that much to prevent players from getting things like necro armor and hellstone items before the dungeon. Also, that isn't the tool tip, the tool tip is, "A magical forge able to condense matter." (I also know that there are ways to get advanced matter pre dungeon, it will be fixed in this weeks update.)

It's special because it is what you need to use to convert basic matter to advanced matter and back. It costs that much to prevent players from getting things like necro armor and hellstone items before the dungeon. Also, that isn't the tool tip, the tool tip is, "A magical forge able to condense matter." (I also know that there are ways to get advanced matter pre dungeon, it will be fixed in this weeks update.)

An idea would be cool if: Skeletron drops a forge that allows advanced matter (blue matter thingie)

I think you should,remove from the matter crafting,every items that can be bought,too where is 1.5 update ?

1.5 is coming, and you need to word that question better if you want me to be able to give you an answer.
what i mean is,you should remove in the mod,the items that can be bought,too,i was talking about 1.5 because you actually skipped this version

Well,copper pickaxe can be crafted into matter,so it make infinite matter because its cheap,so you shoukd remove in the crafting list,all the items that can be bought

Well,copper pickaxe can be crafted into matter,so it make infinite matter because its cheap,so you shoukd remove in the crafting list,all the items that can be bought
I already increased the price of items that can be bought really cheap and nobody complains about those kinds of exploits anymore

Great mood and I'm loving it so far. I have sort of a bug or miss calculation with the mod. I have the forge, anvil and table. When I let's say I need more meteorite ore it costs 20 advanced matter but converting it back when you grabbed too much only gives you 9 and the same for the bars giving you less than you paid too get them. Is that intended? I'm not sure if it's meteorite but it's either that or demonite or crimtane ore/bars. Is that intended?

The wait is over! Version 1.8 of EE2 is out after my long break.

Changelog:
- A new type of matter called junk matter so it isn't easy to obtain gold tools from digging a bunch of dirt and stone
- Rebalances to some prices

As always, inform me of any issues you come across!

Quite a significant exploit here:
You can make 25 arrows for 4 junk matter, then convert those same 25 arrows into 5 basic matter, those 5 basic matter can then be converted into 5 stacks of 999 junk matter, repeat, infinite junk/basic/advanced matter.
Also, you mentioned in an earlier post that advanced matter requires the alchemical forge (or it will eventually), I can still make it standing near the alchemical workbench/anvil/loom from 10 basic matter and completely skip everything up to the Wall of Flesh.
There are a number of pricing issues, one that comes to mind is the meteorite bars being 60 advanced matter while the meteorite set is 120/140/160 or something significantly less than the amount of bars the set actually requires. Pretty sure there's even more than that, but I just exited the game and I'm lazy right now.
Last issue I see is the crafting menu itself... Absolutely cluttered with a mess of stuff. The only way I could imagine fixing it is by using a UI with each station, reducing what all can be crafted (such as, instead of allowing direct crafting of all wood furniture, make it so you can only create the wood blocks and those need to be crafted into furniture as normal, but that means there is no breaking it down again), splitting the matters into more types (junk matter for all bricks/dirt/basic blocks/basic walls, bio matter for all plant/wood related materials, mineral dust/matter for all ores/gems/crystals/glass, advanced matter for weapons/armors/accessories) and limiting those types of matter to what they are (no converting junk matter to bio or vice versa for any types). The UI could also have multiple slots to place other items in it to limit crafting to a 'tier' unless specific items are provided to unlock tiers up to that item, maybe those items could include:
  • Coral from the ocean (ocean-related stuff)
  • Spores from the jungle (jungle-related plant stuff, weapons/armor/accessories included)
  • Sunplate block from sky islands (for weapons and accessories found only on sky islands)
  • Hellstone from the underworld (for underworld-related stuff)
  • The crystal ball from the wizard (hardmode stuff)
  • Crystal shards from the hallow (hardmode as well, hallow related maybe?)
  • Ichor/cursed flame from the crimson/corruption (hardmode, crimson/corruption related)
  • Various mob/boss drops
  • Whatever else you can think of
All of that could limit how quickly someone could progress/skip things. How would that be done? I don't know. Could it work/look good? I believe so. I only wanted to inform you of an exploit and issues I have come across, as well as offer a suggestion.

Quite a significant exploit here:
You can make 25 arrows for 4 junk matter, then convert those same 25 arrows into 5 basic matter, those 5 basic matter can then be converted into 5 stacks of 999 junk matter, repeat, infinite junk/basic/advanced matter.
Also, you mentioned in an earlier post that advanced matter requires the alchemical forge (or it will eventually), I can still make it standing near the alchemical workbench/anvil/loom from 10 basic matter and completely skip everything up to the Wall of Flesh.
There are a number of pricing issues, one that comes to mind is the meteorite bars being 60 advanced matter while the meteorite set is 120/140/160 or something significantly less than the amount of bars the set actually requires. Pretty sure there's even more than that, but I just exited the game and I'm lazy right now.
Last issue I see is the crafting menu itself... Absolutely cluttered with a mess of stuff. The only way I could imagine fixing it is by using a UI with each station, reducing what all can be crafted (such as, instead of allowing direct crafting of all wood furniture, make it so you can only create the wood blocks and those need to be crafted into furniture as normal, but that means there is no breaking it down again), splitting the matters into more types (junk matter for all bricks/dirt/basic blocks/basic walls, bio matter for all plant/wood related materials, mineral dust/matter for all ores/gems/crystals/glass, advanced matter for weapons/armors/accessories) and limiting those types of matter to what they are (no converting junk matter to bio or vice versa for any types). The UI could also have multiple slots to place other items in it to limit crafting to a 'tier' unless specific items are provided to unlock tiers up to that item, maybe those items could include:
  • Coral from the ocean (ocean-related stuff)
  • Spores from the jungle (jungle-related plant stuff, weapons/armor/accessories included)
  • Sunplate block from sky islands (for weapons and accessories found only on sky islands)
  • Hellstone from the underworld (for underworld-related stuff)
  • The crystal ball from the wizard (hardmode stuff)
  • Crystal shards from the hallow (hardmode as well, hallow related maybe?)
  • Ichor/cursed flame from the crimson/corruption (hardmode, crimson/corruption related)
  • Various mob/boss drops
  • Whatever else you can think of
All of that could limit how quickly someone could progress/skip things. How would that be done? I don't know. Could it work/look good? I believe so. I only wanted to inform you of an exploit and issues I have come across, as well as offer a suggestion.
The crafting menu may look cluttered, but I have sorted everything in alphabetical order. I have already noticed the arrow exploit and that is already patched for the next update. Exploits are to expected, as this mod is far from the end of developement. I would probably have to recode everything to put all of the crafting recipes into a special UI.

Back
Top Bottom