NPCs & Enemies [Event] Ninja Invasion

The ninja mob can't be too strong if all it takes is beating the Slime King. I would rather confine the invasion to hard mode.
Maybe give them the ability to drop a zipline thing.
I think that they should drop something to make us stealthier... :D I would have had them drop rope but that's not useful.... Or maybe should drop random traps?
a water trap that has knockback. That way its different than the flame trap in damage and function.
spikes from floor trap.
a "grenade trap", it drops a weak explosive that doesn't hurt tiles.
rare drop, something that allows players to paraglide? that seems fitting for an invasion. Maybe the ninjas can spawn from above?

I forgot to mention this, but as a pop culture joke, the ninja invasion should get more difficult the less enemies their are, because one ninja is a terrifying, unstoppable invisible assassin, but you can take out two hundred ninjas in a street fight in the park

The ninja mob can't be too strong if all it takes is beating the Slime King. I would rather confine the invasion to hard mode.
Maybe give them the ability to drop a zipline thing.
I think that they should drop something to make us stealthier... :D I would have had them drop rope but that's not useful.... Or maybe should drop random traps?
a water trap that has knockback. That way its different than the flame trap in damage and function.
spikes from floor trap.
a "grenade trap", it drops a weak explosive that doesn't hurt tiles.
rare drop, something that allows players to paraglide? that seems fitting for an invasion. Maybe the ninjas can spawn from above?
I tried making them stronger then the goblins but not to strong. The pirates are needed for them to get stronger so they aren't left behind in hard mode. That's why they have two sets of stats.

I could see them dropping traps. It would be a fun way to get new traps and you don't have to go world hooping to get more. As for stealthier, I already took Nightlark's suggestion for the ninja cloak, which would turn you into a random object if you hold still for 3 seconds.

The paraglider is another good idea. It could be a rare accessory that shows up like a back pack when not in use. I also like the ninjas dropping down from above. The question is if I should make a new ninja for that or give all of them a 1/10 chance to.
I forgot to mention this, but as a pop culture joke, the ninja invasion should get more difficult the less enemies their are, because one ninja is a terrifying, unstoppable invisible assassin, but you can take out two hundred ninjas in a street fight in the park
I'm aware of the the conservative law of ninjutsu but I'm not sure how it would work. In events it looks like when you kill one mob another take's it's place, but don't quote me on that. The only thing that can change the number are the water candles and battle potions. The only way to have less of them is to beat the event and they stop spawning, at that point you can just run away until those despawn.

ninjas awesome. ninja npc should sell stronger version of katana as well or least be able to craft one

I'd enjoy this a lot, I love goblin and pirate invasions already. Would it be too much to possibly suggest smaller Ninja slimes? As in basically smaller versions of king slime; not sure what they'd drop but I thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.

oh nice now to figure out how dual wiled hehe
I thought it would be crafting two of the same swords together. Wouldn't work with some of the larger ones.
I'd enjoy this a lot, I love goblin and pirate invasions already. Would it be too much to possibly suggest smaller Ninja slimes? As in basically smaller versions of king slime; not sure what they'd drop but I thought I'd throw it out there as a possibility.
I thought about adding ninja bunnies when I first made the post but that's fun too.

Geass, since I know you're not on steam I'll leave a suggestion here.

rocket-based enemies (they fire dragon-shaped rockets in a mortar fashion. they don't damage blocks, but getting hit does a sizeable chunk of damage and/or applies the on-fire debuff. they are wildly innacurate, and require setup before they start firing.

riflemen - rare enemies that spawn in the event which carry rifles (they don't drop). deal a good portion of damage but are slow. kind of easy to kill. drop archery potions and flashbombs. flash bombs do not do damage but apply the dazed effect, which causes enemies to walk in the opposite direction.

as for how your invasion should start:
after you get kill the king slime, you should start to encounter ninjas. one or two at a time. after you kill (let's say ten) the invasion is triggered (at random, not immediately obviously).

this is explained by the ninja first sending assassins, then going to war

as for how your invasion should start:
after you get kill the king slime, you should start to encounter ninjas. one or two at a time. after you kill (let's say ten) the invasion is triggered (at random, not immediately obviously).
They would more likely drop the summoning item, or something to craft it. If I remember right you have to kill 10 goblin scouts to get enough materials to make the goblin banner to start the invasion.

They would more likely drop the summoning item, or something to craft it. If I remember right you have to kill 10 goblin scouts to get enough materials to make the goblin banner to start the invasion.
also, you mentioned them being able to knock down doors? I don't really like the idea of that as it doesn't seem too ninja-ish. it'd be better if a certain type of ninja could teleport behind doors and open them for others from the inside

also, you mentioned them being able to knock down doors? I don't really like the idea of that as it doesn't seem too ninja-ish. it'd be better if a certain type of ninja could teleport behind doors and open them for others from the inside
I think the reason some mobs are able to knock down doors is to counter the trick of putting an item on the other side of the door so mobs couldn't open it from the other side. I already put teleporting ninjas in, though they can't open doors or even move, but those have the caster AI. A tick could be they can make the door open like when wired, so it could go ether way.

Idea...
Maybe at the end have a boss: Sensei? XD
Please don't judge, I've never really thought about suggesting anything with stats.

Pre-HM HP: 5,000
Drops:
Sensei Hat (50%)
Tooltip: Vanity item
Sensei Robe (50%)
Tooltip: Vanity item
Walking Stick (25%)
20 melee damage
Tooltip: You'll be using this some day.

Attacks:
The Sensei jumps toward the player, and every once in a while, kicks or punches him/her. The only change is that it becomes more frequent as his health is lowered. After his HP is 2,000 or lower, sometimes he will meditate and regain a little bit of his health.

The only HM change is that his health is now 15,000, and his attacks are a bit stronger.

Once the Ninjas are defeated, the summoning message for Sensei appears:

You feel the presence of the master...

Kind of cheesy, but I tried xD :p

A) Ninjas should be able to climb trees. And move through leaf blocks (the placed block kind) like liquid. And Ninjas should be able to swim.
B) All ninjas should be able to teleport short distances with a little smoke bomb animation, but limit one TP per ten seconds. So you can't just hide in a bunker dodging the casters.
C) Instead of having casters shooting waves of magic, can we use magic ninja stars? That phase through tiles?

Actually, on the forums, the ninja invasion exists. You can summon it by posting on very popular threads, such a Cenx spoilers. But be prepared, because ninjas will start posting before you even post! You will suddenly be filled with an instant blurb of alerts, and sneaky ninjas posting" I said that in the post above" Since you can't see ninjas at first, many have failed to make a strategy guide, so you never hear about it much around here.

EDIT: Ninja'd

Back
Top Bottom