Blocks & Decoration Filling in options for Stained Glass

Which of these Stained-Glass options would you support?

• Total voters

Mental Mouse

Terrarian
So, this is actually several suggestions, in increasing order of complexity:

1. All the Stained Glass and Gemspark recipes should be moved to the Glass Kiln.
  2. There should be Clear Stained Glass, With the texture of stained glass but clear. It would be crafted from glass walls, and could also be crafted from 20 colored stained glass plus an ash block. It would also be convertible back to glass blocks.
  3. There should be Amber (orange) Stained Glass, to fill in the color wheel and match the Gemspark blocks.
  4. There should be Diamond Stained Glass. If nothing else, it's ridiculous that you can craft Stained Glass to sell all the "lesser" gems for far more than diamonds can sell for. As for what it would look like, I can think of two options: Either a subtle rainbow effect, or translucent white. Either way, it should also cast a little light of its own, because diamonds are Special. :)
And, the tricky one, which is reforming Multicolored Stained Glass, because right now it's just too garish, with all that magenta and Teal. Now, the first idea I thought of was to split up the colors into two sets of three, but I wasn't too happy with any of the obvious splits. RYB/OGP and RGB/YOP both feature Christmas clashes. "Warm/Cool", that is ROY/GBP, would be less garish, but perhaps less flexible.

But then I realized there's another possibility -- let multiple colors of stained glass combine their colors algorithmically, so that you can make chosen patterns of color, and, dare I say it, actual pictures, by placing and overlapping individual walls of various colors.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom