Final Fantasy Distant Memories (WIP, Currently recruiting) Download available!

Hey, mod looks great but is there anyway you can release just the player sprites while we wait for the full thing? Just wanna run around as Locke and Shadow and not finding a lot of resources for making my own vanity set.

Hey, mod looks great but is there anyway you can release just the player sprites while we wait for the full thing? Just wanna run around as Locke and Shadow and not finding a lot of resources for making my own vanity set.

Well, actually that may not be a bad idea. While I've been working steadily on the mod, I have added a ton of content recently and so it's still not completed.

I could just release the 15 costumes, and the NPC to sell them as a standalone mod with nothing else. What does everyone think about that?

That sounds like a good idea.

Also, I was thinking about the Odin summon. Maybe make it so that it can instakill regular enemies, but make it so that bosses and minibosses would be immune to the instakill effect and take more damage? Or just make it like yojimbo from 10 and his instakill is just super rare lol

That sounds like a good idea.

Also, I was thinking about the Odin summon. Maybe make it so that it can instakill regular enemies, but make it so that bosses and minibosses would be immune to the instakill effect and take more damage? Or just make it like yojimbo from 10 and his instakill is just super rare lol

You're not the only person to request it. I'll have to research how, but if it's possible I'll implement it. Odin would have a % chance to kill normal enemies instantly, Raiden would have a higher % chance. Bosses would just take damage.

Well, actually that may not be a bad idea. While I've been working steadily on the mod, I have added a ton of content recently and so it's still not completed.

I could just release the 15 costumes, and the NPC to sell them as a standalone mod with nothing else. What does everyone think about that?
I'd love to have the costumes, I spent a bit earlier tonight learning how to make custom hair since I didn't know I'd get a response so soon! I told myself Locke's hair would be enough but of course once I got it in game I wanted the whole outfit haha.

Locke_in_Terraria.png

Redrew the hair over Player_Hair_152.xnb so the bandana is included and gets recolored a bit when you change your hair color but it was a quick and dirty edit.

Last edited:
I'm working on publishing just a version of the mod with the costumes, and the NPC. I'll update here when it's done.

Also, here's some more updates!

I've recently been adding many, many weapons from various FF games, not just 6. Below is a screenshot of some examples. You have weapons like the Zwill Crossblade, Nail Bat and Apocalypse from FF7, Ragnarok from FF3, Brotherhood from FFX, and a lot more! I've added in about 85 new weapons total.
PVNetBf.png

I've done more work on magic spells, here's the basic Fire spell. It pushes a wave of fire forwards along the ground.
FqcojXv.gif

I've also added in 12 pets which are various smaller sprites of Espers, and some other misc creatures. You can see the Ultros pet and Carbunkle pets above.
I've also added extra misc placeable items, like a grandfather clock and the banners from the imperial capital.

Last edited:
Oh yep, both the laser sword version from FF6 and an alternate version. In the weapon screenshot in my above post, it's the sword directly to the left of Kefka in the center. The one from FF6 functions just like in the SNES version, where damage is based on your current health.

1643990889541.png

I've released the initial version onto Tmodloader! (After spending all morning fixing character sprites)
This version contains the character outfits, Chocobo mount, and Merchant NPC. He'll move in just whenever any open house is available, that way you can have quick access to the costumes.

Just a note, I took out Mog, I have to redo his sprite. I will try to hurry along and provide a release that contains the completed items, spells and summons I've already done soon.

View attachment 355514
I've released the initial version onto Tmodloader! (After spending all morning fixing character sprites)
This version contains the character outfits, Chocobo mount, and Merchant NPC. He'll move in just whenever any open house is available, that way you can have quick access to the costumes.

Just a note, I took out Mog, I have to redo his sprite. I will try to hurry along and provide a release that contains the completed items, spells and summons I've already done soon.

Kick :red: I'll take a look and do some testing, I might be able to assist with some sprites if you need anything.

Can you link to the mod? I'm not terribly familiar with tmodloader (other than hearing that it's still not available for 1.4) and running on Linux but i'm sure I can get your mod running.

Just found this mod, it's awesome. I mean, it's just costumes so far but it looks so flippin' good in Terraria. AND it's compatible with mannequins. I mean, some mods have great armors but they do glitch when mannequins are involved. This does help populate my towns. I'm almost tempted to hope this stays a purely cosmetic mod, but you're totally right in that FF6 and Terraria do have a number of crossover. Using Magicite as the item for summons is brilliant.

Ultros boss would be nice.

Magitek Mech Mount? A 1/1800 Blackjack/Falcon?

If you're doing NPCs like Imperial Soldiers etc, I hope you'll do the Licentious Howler sprite/costume. She'd make a nice waitress. And Draco and the Impresario. And of course, Terra in her Esper form.

Thanks, I'm glad you're enjoying the mod so far!

I do plan to do the majority of characters and NPCs as costumes. I still have to complete Setzer, Gogo, and Umaro from the main cast. And Shadow's Clyde outfit. Then there are others like Banon, Arvis, Gestahl, the Imperial soldiers, Figaro soldiers, even NPCs like Lone Wolf, Rachel and Darill. Most will just be costumes but I figure at least 1 Imperial Soldier as another shopkeep NPC. If I do everyone in the game, there are at least another 20 or so.

I would like to do both a Magitek mount and an Airship, or at the very least a flying Chocobo. And Ultros will certainly be in, but bosses and mobs will come later down the line.

On a side note, I got some help in fixing up some sprites, so I'll be releasing an update soon with fixes for Cyan, and adding Mog back in, along with some actual items to use, like the other color Chocobos.

Random ideas:

- Cid as a Magicite Merchant.
-- Much like you can kill the Guide with a voodoo doll, you can kill Cid with a Rotten Fish.
- In terms of events, I can think of an Imperial Invasion and an Esper Stampede (hardmode?)

Anyway, just random stuff, I'm fine with just costumes as the FF6 sprites really do mesh well with Terraria and they're great for populating towns. Cid the Magicite Merchant does make sense to me though.

- Cid as a Magicite Merchant.
- In terms of events, I can think of an Imperial Invasion and an Esper Stampede (hardmode?)
I actually really like the idea of Cid as a merchant. I think I'm gonna go with that.
For events, I did have a few ideas. One would be to recreate the 'go to the floating continent' sequence where you fight off the imperial air force, followed by Ultros and Chupon. You'd have to do this on a floating island or up in the sky of course.

add the big boi sword
Which one would that be? lol

Last edited:
I've published v0.1.3 of the mod! This update adds Mog's costume back in, fixes Cyan's costume, adds in 3 more Chocobo types (black, blue, green) and some decor items.

To get the other Chocobos, you need to buy the 1st one from the Merchant and then you can craft the other types of summons.
The decor items are below, they are all made with simple items, like cloth, wood, iron and copper bars.
C0yKRxe.png

Back
Top Bottom