Weapons & Equip Fist Weapon idea

Would you like to see this weapon in Terraria in some shape or form?

• Total voters

MoonMa17

Terrarian
This is my first real thread.

Basically I have this idea for a knuckle weapon based on the Iron Fist/Kaiser Knuckles from the Metroidvania games. It's a punch weapon that can land multiple hits at once. You might be thinking "but what about the Bladed Glove/Fetid Baghnakhs?" but hear me out here.

See they may have the same general idea: A relatively weak fist based weapon with stupidly high attack speed. However what separates my weapon and those is that every single swing you throw around 4-5 punches at once instead of one single attack and you can hold it down as well. As you can tell the amount of punches you throw will SERIOUSLY add up the more attack speed upgrades you have, potentially letting you throw over a hundred punches in a split second (which isn't TOO insane if you consider the fact the Fetid Baghnakhs is capable of throwing around 30 per sec with maximum melee speed.)

You can also hold it down and run with it like the Arkhalis but without the directional control, and finally it has little to no knockback which can be great for mowing through enemies. Obviously there are some flaws like VERY low base damage (at the point of the game you get it at least) and the range is absolutely pitiful being only at a slight horizontal range at the direction your facing unlike the Fetid Baghnakhs which is overhead. It also has a relatively lower attack speed compared to the other glove weapons, and it may or may not make low-end rigs lag like crazy.

Anyways I think this should be a VERY late-game weapon found in the Post-Plantera Dungeon potentially (maybe earlier or later, not sure) and I'm still deciding on names (I think the God Hand is a good name).

I really a want a weapon like this in Terraria because this is one of the few games out there I can think of that lets you adjust attack speed and I feel the current fist weapons don't quite make the cut for my fantasy of becoming Fist of the Mother:red:ing North Star. What do you guys think?

tl;dr A fist weapon with low base damage output, high attack speed, each attack throws 4-5 punches instead of one, you can hold it down, little to no knockback whatsoever, it's short ranged and horizontal, and you get it very late in the game.

Also here's a reference.

Attachments

• Kaiser-KnuckleDoS.gif
    Kaiser-KnuckleDoS.gif
    606.8 KB · Views: 239
Last edited:
I tried to read it, but my eyes died a quarter of the way through.

If I were you, I'd space it out.
I apologize. I'm not use to the forum layout and I do end up writing massive walls of text on complete accident. I will try to adjust it.

If fists are added, they oughta remain PURELY melee, instead of relying on shooting a projectile. But then it'd put you in a situation where you can get hurt.

A good solution would be some manner of buff that you can get from hitting things with fists weapons. I've thought about it before, and I think 'Calluses' would be a good name for it; a buff that causes you to take reduced damage the longer you fight something, to a degree. Think of it like your skin toughening up for punching things for so long!

Back
Top Bottom