Weapons & Equip Flail Item for Puzzle Maps

Tutajkk

Terrarian
The 1.4 update brought us many new items to play with and also some reworked items, such as the Flails. They are indeed more fun and more useful now in combat, but there's one really big downside. As some people have already noticed, the Flail item changes that came with 1.4 have rendered multiple adventure map sections unplayable. This includes some highly popular maps, like Zelda - Two Worlds and Echoes of the Lost World. My Coopventure 2 puzzle map and my recently released, Loneventure has met the same fate.

The old Ball O' Hurt and Meatball were pretty much the best items in the game for puzzle maps, no other items come close to its puzzle solving capabilities. Some examples in this video at 20:30, 33:50, 39:10, 41:10 and 49:20. It's kind of a niche use, but I, and some other people loved doing puzzle maps, and having items that help solve them.

With the update to flails, all of these setups are now impossible as shown in this video, and no item in the game can do anything similar. As someone who not only loves playing, but also creating adventure maps, the loss of this item is a huge hit - it's irreplaceable. I also just published my map one month ago, after months of work, and having it already unplayable made me very sad.

So, I'm not asking for a revert, but to add another Flail, with the old behaviour. An item like "Ancient Flail" would fit thematically with the other Ancient items too. It could be also unobtainable, if the developers don't want players to use it, since map makers can just edit it in. There's really no downiside to it, and I'd be really grateful.

I'd kinda like all flails to lose the anchor ability, since it kind of encourages lazy play. Plus swinging your flail side to side, though not very effective, was kind of fun to do.

Before the change, you could "anchor" the flail still, as long as you didn't move too far away.

Perhaps this could be added as a variant of the basic Mace. Nobody uses it anyway, as you can instantly upgrade it for the price of a bunch of torches on the spot. Maybe Mace + Encumbering Stone, as that would be a fitting recipe?

Terraria is easily on the top 10 games of my life without a doubt I love playing adventure, custom maps, minigames and most of all creating maps , it has such a verity and now with the 1.4 update more possibility are open with new items more creative idea will be done like this. However, its such a shame to lose an item that had such unique usage in puzzle maps which is the Flails or meatball.

some of the creators in this forms have made an ineradicable and outstanding maps to play with but after 1.4 some of these maps has lost it cause of the Flails not having the same mechanic as before which made a chose of either removing that section from your map or hoping we get a new Flails that act as the normal one. I also have been working on huge map and because of the update the same thing happened to me.

So I really hope from the developers to take a look about this issue and thank you.

Back
Top Bottom