Other Functional Toilets and outhouses and other crap

Doesn't anyone else think it's weird that the "Well fed" buff just goes away, yet you don't actually even need to use the bathroom? Time to put realism in a game where nobody actually wants realism in. Except for the developers. (Did you really need to patch the Minecart glitch?!)

So once the "Well Fed" buff times out, you'll get a debuff that does the opposite of the "Well Fed" buff. So, for example, this new debuff could decrease the victims speed by 20% and so on. The debuff would last as long as the Well fed buff lasted. So if you ate the Pumpkin Pie item, you'd have to wait for 15 entire minutes before the debuff goes away. I haven't thought of a good name yet, I don't know if "constipated" is too extreme. I mean, the game has you throwing Voodoo dolls in lava and Mourning Woods, butt still. Maybe "holding it in"? lol

Now, of course there's a way to get rid of this debuff without waiting. All you gotta do is simply right click on any toilet. Once you do so, you can answer the call of dooty once again, as that dispels the debuff immediately.

I think outhouses should be a thing. They'd serve the same purpose as toilets. An outhouse can be created with 20 wood planks of any sort at a Saw Mill. The outhouses have a width of 3 and a height of 4 blocks.

To top off this suggestion, I suggest a new hook called the plunger hook. It could drop from Fire Imps. It can go 25 blocks and it's velocity is 11. It fires one hook.

This is my first suggestion on TCF so hopefully it's not too "crappy".

if you throw a toilet in water it'll summon the wall of flush

Last edited:
I think this might be a little bit annoying. As you said, realism doesn't seem to be the primary focus of the game (or at least we don't want it to be), especially not when it brings annoying chores and debuffs with it.
-edit-
Also, this post from the 4th liquid speculations thread:
fMj6TNm.png

I think Red is already planning features for toilets c:

This is a great suggestion for your first :D

SUPPORT!!!
Heehee, thanks.
I think this might be a little bit annoying. As you said, realism doesn't seem to be the primary focus of the game (or at least we don't want it to be), especially not when it brings annoying chores and debuffs with it.
I made sure it wouldn't affect things such as Frost Moon runs much, as it takes less then a second to clear the debuff. Adding a toilet in an arena shouldn't be too hard. I totally see your point though.

Edit: btw you don't even need to be close to the toilet/sitting on it for it to get rid on the debuff

How about.
Eww.
No.
Please.
Red.
No.

Before we get a crappy crapping system for "Realism" I think that we should add a hunger, thirst, warmth, sleep, and heck even I would like a sanitary system before a crapping system (Now I am not actually in favor of adding any of those things FYI)

In all seriousness, though, I think after Well-fed ends, we could give the player one minute to find an outhouse or toilet, and if they don't, they get the (harmless) Smelly debuff. (Same as Stink Potion)

That's actually something that they might add, come to think of it.

Last edited:
In all seriousness, though, I think after Well-fed ends, we could give the player one minute to find an outhouse or toilet, and if they don't, they get the (harmless) Smelly debuff. (Same as Stink Potion)

That's actually something that they might add, come to think of it.
That could be used as like a "warning" or something, actually.
How about.
Eww.
No.
Please.
Red.
No.

Before we get a crappy crapping system for "Realism" I think that we should add a hunger, thirst, warmth, sleep, and heck even I would like a sanitary system before a crapping system (Now I am not actually in favor of adding any of those things FYI)
we should also add Kneecaps of Cthulhu

Maybe you could get the smelly debuff, (Stink potion) crappy debuff (Stink potion plus everything dies including npcs around in an aura around you) And the pooped pants debuff. (Imagine crappy made clones of itself and became independent of users)

Here's a normal wood variant for a sprite (might need shading/recolor):
upload_2014-11-19_21-9-0.png

(sorry about the transparency)
For Ebon/Shade/ all the other wood, it just needs a recolor and a different shape instead of a moon.

Will we add cactus toilets? It's a bit off-topic, but not TOO far off-topic.
yes
Here's a normal wood variant for a sprite (might need shading/recolor):
View attachment 10932
(sorry about the transparency)
For Ebon/Shade/ all the other wood, it just needs a recolor and a different shape instead of a moon.
I wouldn't want the outhouses to be just recolors, each one must be exquisite and unique :p

So once the "Well Fed" buff times out, you'll get a debuff that does the opposite of the "Well Fed" buff. So, for example, this new debuff could decrease the victims speed by 20% and so on. The debuff would last as long as the Well fed buff lasted. So if you ate the Pumpkin Pie item, you'd have to wait for 15 entire minutes before the debuff goes away.
a debuff that slows 20% of the speed? irony...as the buff itself increase the speed by 20%

Back
Top Bottom