Game Crash/Performance Issue/Corrupted World

Banmei

Terrarian
So I decided to start a new Terraria world. Didn't make it past the first night because for some reason the game crashed. Don't know why. Anywho, when I go to load it back I find that the world is still in the menu only it's name is missing. It's just blank. When I click on the world it attempts to load it and locks up. Windows says program is not responding.

That isn't even everything...

So whatever? I'll delete it and make a new one which I did. This time it didn't crash during the first night and things seemed fine until towards the end when I was heading back to the house to log off. Exited out of the game. Then, I did my usually backup of Terraria. I go into the MyGames folder, find the Terraria folder, and copy the whole thing to another location.

This took quite some time as the file was....2.8 GB?!!!!! No joke. That's odd. I've never seen this before. I decided to open up the Terraria main folder and take a look see. Turns out there is a folder called "Dumps" and it was 2.8 GB in size. Dumps? I don't remember this. So I go back into some of my old Terraria backups from 2019, 2018, and so on to see if there ever was a Dumps folder. Nope.

So I have two questions:
- What is the dumps folder?
- Why is it allowed/or become 2.8 GB in size?

Back
Top Bottom