Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yeah, the latest one shows up in Norton 360 with a warning of WS.Reputation 1. I've used this before, so I sent them a dispute form.

Help, i installed game launcher and it completely over wrote the regular terraria. Now it only has the tapi version but not the regular version. How do i get the regular version back also?

bug - if the application to be started is not an exe, but say a .py file, it does not run.

This used to work 2 years ago - it just started it as if you double clicked the file.

bug - if the application to be started is not an exe, but say a .py file, it does not run.

This used to work 2 years ago - it just started it as if you double clicked the file.
I cannot say that I have attempted this myself, but have you tried using a *.pyc file to see if it makes a difference? Further, if this issue persists and you happen to know much about Python, perhaps this can help you until this is resolved?

Edit: It also just occurred to me that a cmd script may work where a Python script does not. Perhaps try starting the *.py from a short cmd script?

I cannot say that I have attempted this myself, but have you tried using a *.pyc file to see if it makes a difference? Further, if this issue persists and you happen to know much about Python, perhaps this can help you until this is resolved?

Edit: It also just occurred to me that a cmd script may work where a Python script does not. Perhaps try starting the *.py from a short cmd script?

It works perfectly fine with the exe and as I distribute my omnitool in frozen exe form it works for my users. BTW Py2exe is a dead project, please refer to pyinstaller or cx_freeze in the future.
Anyway, when I'm debugging/testing I tend to do it in raw .py form and it used to work back in the day. I'm now developing again and noticed that it doesnt work anymore - a feature that was a small convenience bonus to me.

It works perfectly fine with the exe and as I distribute my omnitool in frozen exe form it works for my users. BTW Py2exe is a dead project, please refer to pyinstaller or cx_freeze in the future.
Anyway, when I'm debugging/testing I tend to do it in raw .py form and it used to work back in the day. I'm now developing again and noticed that it doesnt work anymore - a feature that was a small convenience bonus to me.
Ah. I was not aware that Py2exe had died, and I forgot about cx_freeze. XD I'll remember that! It's been a long time since I last needed to freeze a .py. ^.=.^"

Help, i installed game launcher and it completely over wrote the regular terraria. Now it only has the tapi version but not the regular version. How do i get the regular version back also?

What do you mean? Is it not in the list? If it's not click add app and name it whatever you want then for the path click the tripl your terrraria dots, then go to your terraria folder and choose TerrariaOriginalBackup.exe the save it.

I have tapi on the list but when i click it the launch/close buttons grey out a few seconds and then ungrey out, and nothing happens.

Edit: i have uninstalled and reinstalled terraria through steam, game launcher and tapi, when i launch through steam the game launcher comes up, with the tapi version and the regular version. When i click the tapi version, the version i want so i can play mods, it does absolutely nothing.

Last edited:
Whenever I open the installer and I get to the point where it says to put the location in with Terraria.exe I go to the location and it doesn't do anything. It doesn't go to the next page and I can't click Next.

Whenever I open the installer and I get to the point where it says to put the location in with Terraria.exe I go to the location and it doesn't do anything. It doesn't go to the next page and I can't click Next.
Make sure that you select Terraria.exe itself, not just 'C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\Terraria'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom