Tool Game Launcher 3.2.1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whenever I try to open Terraria with Game Launcher I get this message:
Steam API was found.

You could not be verified as the owner of this Steam copy of Terraria. Please make sure that you are signed in to your Steam account and that you are launching the game from you Steam library and try again.

The game starts up fine when I don't use Game Launcher though.

EDIT: I am signed in and am launching it from my Steam library.

I have tried and tried.... Multiple deletions, re installations, verifications, and I still get the message that I need to run the mods through steam client. I have done so, and it still gives me the same message. Someone please help :/

I have tried and tried.... Multiple deletions, re installations, verifications, and I still get the message that I need to run the mods through steam client. I have done so, and it still gives me the same message. Someone please help :/
Make sure that you are running as administrator. That's all I know though..

How would you do this? Right click steam and then click "run as administrator" ? Because I have done that too and still nothing..
Sorry I replied to this late... When you try to run Terraria without mods (Through GameLauncher) Does it work? If it does, that could mean one of the mods are outdated or just might not be compatible with another mod.

Sorry I replied to this late... When you try to run Terraria without mods (Through GameLauncher) Does it work? If it does, that could mean one of the mods are outdated or just might not be compatible with another mod.
Its totally fine! And the most updated terraria works perfectly fine. Its every time i try and even open the Red Cloud 1.1.2 terraria with GameLauncher, it will give me an error message stating that I need to run it through my Steam client.
Also, I dont know it this could possibly be part of the issue, but every time I select the terraria.exe file for the GameLauncher setup, it always says it cannot find part of the path, whether I chose Terraria or TerrariaOriginalBackup. And one other thing, almost every time I redownload GameLauncher, I have to verify the cache for Terraria through Steam. There is always one file it cannot validate, no matter how many times I verify integrity of the game cache.

Last edited:
6:57:37 PM System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (509) Bandwidth Error.
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(Uri address)
at System.Net.WebClient.OpenRead(String address)
at Game_Launcher_3.Form1.CheckForAvailableDowngradePatches()
6:57:42 PM Start() - Starting: tAPI.exe
6:57:42 PM Start() - Process started
6:58:00 PM Start() - Process exited
:red:? Help pls, really want to play it :(I started getting this upon installing Omnir's Nostalgia Pack (Latest version, latest, tapi, latest GL, latest terraria), but multiple sources confirmed Omnir Mod was not the problem. I've tried reinstalling tAPI, Terraria, AND Game launcher. Also, all my other things (NTerraria, tConfig, Exxo Avalon, and default Terraria) work fine through Game Launcher.

Is there enyway i can not download it from adfly mediafile or enything that randomly downloads viruses
they are anooying and i dont want to get i virus on a 1200 dollar computer
Eny other places to download it? maybe a drop box link?
[DOUBLEPOST=1428744139][/DOUBLEPOST]Please make it on a better anti virus anti spyware website like dropbox

Is there enyway i can not download it from adfly mediafile or enything that randomly downloads viruses
they are anooying and i dont want to get i virus on a 1200 dollar computer
Eny other places to download it? maybe a drop box link?
[DOUBLEPOST=1428744139][/DOUBLEPOST]Please make it on a better anti virus anti spyware website like dropbox
On adfly, make sure you click the little button in the top right corner, and not the giant ad in the center of the page. For Mediafire, same thing. Don't click any "DOWNLOAD YOUR FILE HERE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! VVVVVV V VVVVVV V V VV " ads, since that's not the actual thing. I can't upload the gamelauncher file since that would break the rule of copyright.

Hi, I really just want to go back to playing the current version of Terraria with all of my saved data ( i.e. Characters, Worlds) when i load the game and gl pops up there is no way for me to launch vanilla Terraria with my saves can you please help.

Update; All i needed to do was double click the TerrariaOriginalBackup instead of click it then press launch.. Weird.

So do you mean that this requires a Steam version of the game? Because I'm currently using a pirated version, though I do own it on Steam and can prove that (I just can't install Steam on this computer, it doesn't work)

EDIT: Got a computer working that can install Steam and am now using the legit version.

Last edited:
So do you mean that this requires a Steam version of the game? Because I'm currently using a pirated version, though I do own it on Steam and can prove that (I just can't install Steam on this computer, it doesn't work)
Also allows you to Install the following Terraria versions (requires a Steam version)
Yeeeaaahhh. This kinda requires a valid copy of Terraria. :dryadindifferent: Unfortunately, that precludes some people from using it, but as far as I'm aware, there's no way around that. :dryadsad:

1.0.5 isn't working on me :sigh:

EDIT: Found the issue. Terraria.exe is corrupted. It says its not a valid Win32 program. @Eikester please fix this. Downloaded it multiple times and it keeps becoming corrupted, so I think its your dropbox.

Last edited:
Sorry about my ignorance but I've never installed a mod in anything before. Here it goes:

I was looing at n terraria, and it said this was needed. So I went here, and I'm just wondering, does this mod work like you open this through steam, go into it, and then you have a list of mods and vanilla terraria, so you click one of those and it opens each individually. So lets say I click N teraria- it opens that, which is normal terraria with the added stuff from that mod. Then, lets say I want to go back to vanilla terraria, I just exit N terraria and then just open normal terraria?

Sorry about my ignorance but I've never installed a mod in anything before. Here it goes:

I was looing at n terraria, and it said this was needed. So I went here, and I'm just wondering, does this mod work like you open this through steam, go into it, and then you have a list of mods and vanilla terraria, so you click one of those and it opens each individually. So lets say I click N teraria- it opens that, which is normal terraria with the added stuff from that mod. Then, lets say I want to go back to vanilla terraria, I just exit N terraria and then just open normal terraria?
That's pretty much how it works. :dryadsmile:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom