Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello
It seems to me or this new altualizacion of 1.3.0.8 to 1.3.1, it is generating the same anxiety when 1.3 came out the new things that will bring

Sorry I did not detract from, but wanted to share this feeling! :D

Cheers

PS: I am writing with google translator

This one is a must-do to make Terraria wiring almost perfect with even only one wire color.

Fifteenth. Wire Bridge (3x3 - Can only be seen holding wiring tools) (Recipe: 5 Wire + 10 Iron/Lead Bars at Anvil)
When wires of the same color intersect you cannot do anything to stop them merging. This mechanism is here to resolve this. You just need to connect every wire to its respective input/output color and it will continue the signal to just the respective color it was connected to. Also, it can be used to transfer a signal to different wire colors. (The images below are a better way to explain it)
ZAogzVA.png

Y2PbQdg.png

y1vNKLT.png

I've also updated my original post. (Also, this last idea is in the double of the page my original post is).

Last edited:
"A multi-color wrench (right click to "click" through color options)"

Not really on topic but I think it could be to easy implement - a system like this for paint. You could just add some new item like "paint palette" to select different paints in your inventory, and then combine that with some special paint brush / roller / scraper to make a super-ultra-lightnin' paint tool that does everything - paints tiles and walls, selects color (one of which would be the paint scraper tool) and removes paint. It would make painting a lot more artistic and simple, because you don't have to A) plan out the entire design's colors beforehand or B) constantly be moving paints back and forth in your inventory to select the correct one. You can just improvise!
I don't expect this to be implemented this update, but later on would be grrreat!

I would LOVE to see wireless teleporters, you hold an item out in your hand and left click on a teleporter, then you would go to another teleporter where you want to be teleported to, then left click again on the other teleporter.

I think all or at least most of these have been suggested already, but I'll list some of the more important additions I would like to see.

1) Wire junction - a 1x1 tile that connects any color of wires that overlap it. This already would allow to have wires all across the map and still be able to place more wires going in a perpendicular direction, as you can cross the other wires by switching the color of the wire before and after going over them. Think of Printed Circuit Board layers and vias.

2) Individual minecarts (ie. not only player-mounts), basically what Minecraft has: regular minecart that can pick up a mob when it hits one (excluding bosses etc. of course), a storage/chest minecart that can transport items, a hopper minecart that can pick up items over it or near it and put items into a storage below it. And a hopper tile that can pull items from a storage device or a storage minecart above or below it, and put them to the storage on the other side of itself. This would also give more motivation for building minecart systems into your mines for item transportation.

3) To control the minecarts so that automated item transport systems can be built, we also need a device that can read the amount of items in a passing minecart. Since the current wiring system is digital and not analog, that device output would probably have to be one of "has items", "empty", "full", maybe the mode can be toggled with a hammer. If that device is a variant of the rails, then it would need to be able to stop and launch the cart as well, or there would have to be another device for doing it, which is placed next to the tracks. I think it would make more sense to have a stopper/booster track, and the indicator device to be placed next to the tracks (below or above).

4) All the basic logic gates as actual placeable tiles, or a non-physical (boulders + pressure plates etc.) way of mixing signals so that almost-instant logic that doesn't require maintenance can be constructed manually.

5) Trip wires and/or laser detectors for detecting entities in mid-air, like in drop shafts.

6) Some way of indicating a binary condition while riding a minecart at fast speeds. Maybe a "direction detector track" that outputs a value based on whether the player's cursor is above or below his y-position when he rides over it. But is there currently a way to "reset" a track junction's state, or is it always a toggle? Basically I'd like to indicate which way I'm going at a track junction by just having the cursor above or below me. Or if the devs can think of another easy method to indicate a choice in fast moving minecarts.

WIRE ACTUATOR

they work as actuators for wire and are 2 blocks high
placing them over wire gives the opportunity to connect & disconnect the wire placed
on the upper block, controlled by wire on the lower block (I'm bad at explaining, so an
animated image will possibly help):

upload_2015-9-19_1-26-21.gif

0 = blue wire toogled off -> red wire disconnected
1 = blue wire on -> red connected

I know they're somewhat similar to an AND-gate but the difference is that
the output is still the same wire as one of the inputs (important for teleporters
for example).

4) All the basic logic gates as actual placeable tiles, or a non-physical (boulders + pressure plates etc.) way of mixing signals so that almost-instant logic that doesn't require maintenance can be constructed manually.

We will be getting logic gates. Here is a 1.3.1 spoiler. How do you like it?
31r5w1R.gif

WIRE ACTUATOR

they work as actuators for wire and are 2 blocks high
placing them over wire gives the opportunity to connect & disconnect the wire placed
on the upper block, controlled by wire on the lower block (I'm bad at explaining, so an
animated image will possibly help):

View attachment 78239

0 = blue wire toogled off -> red wire disconnected
1 = blue wire on -> red connected

I know they're somewhat similar to an AND-gate but the difference is that
the output is still the same wire as one of the inputs (important for teleporters
for example).

I like the name breaker over wire actuator but they do the same thing from the looks of it. I also had teleporters in mind when I made it.

Great idea! :3
What about motion sensors?
Or electrostatic platforms?
Or elevators?
I don´t know if it will work or something, but it was a great idea when i wonder ´bout it

Some things I thought of are
- a lhizard wrench( faster placement speed and increased tile reach places lhizard brick looking wire)
-a lhizard Boulder ( can be found in temples or made with lhizard bricks)
- boomerang wrench ( dropped by the mechanic, right click to place wire)
- infinite wire bag
- light bulb pet( sold by mechanic a night)
-upgraded traps e.x. Vortex dart trap
-mechanics clothes ( increase wire placement speed, wrench reach, and set bonus of chance to not consume wires)
-a way to manually make a blood moon happen
-instead of having wireless connection like everyone wants, maybe add magic wire sold by the wizard that does pretty much the same thing
That's all

Lava magnet, water resistance planks... OH Electronic's only... Right right...

1. A Generator that makes gas (Hydrogen) from *Water.. which EXPLODES!* when shot at.
  2. A printer to give the guide more work then he wants :p *Annoying the guide much anyone?*
  3. Fuse wire/wire with electrical delay depending on length of the wire.
  4. Electrified saw table, so it spins when current is pushed through which may harm enemy's which would be cool?
  5. Relay, so you can send information through different wires, but connect them all via a relay, with a certain time interval for communication.
  6. Laser sensor switch, so any intruders know that the base/home/defenses are watching them! *And the world goes quite for another few moment... Splat.*
  7. Human sling shot, So anyone can fly! Even the guide *Human's don't need wings, just slings!*
  8. Artificial sunlight in which to make a area bright enough to keep plants growing, and the slime's coming! *If only the day never ended, you'd never have to sleep.*
  9. And to make some people happy. a little secret upgrade that some may NEVER KNOW! *Glow in the dark Banners!* So you can see them no mater what time of the day!

I can't wait to see what the developers whip up on this! And sorry if i am too late to say anything... I only just found out now about this!

1. Electric wire : Same function as the wire, but inflict the "electrified" debuff when activated. 1 wire+1 martian conduit plating->1 Electric wire
  2. Lunar pillar : Made with all the monolith and 20 luminite bar, summon a random attack like the other pillar, or a random attack like the moon lord(Phantasmal Deathray, Phantasmal Bolt or Phantasmal Eye)
  3. One-way teleporters

Some general things and/or mechanisems that sohuld be added:
-Snickerbobble's florescent beams
-Improved teleporters
-Screens for pixelart (Basically pictures, but some that you can edit by some sort of ingame menu)
-Some sort of "Weapon activator" which can activate the weapon you give to it, meelee or ranged. It could hold a gun and then activate that when powered. It would have some special version of it that would automatically target enemies and shoot at them without having to be powered.
-Holograms, a special sort of painting which would be placed on the ground and would project an image of some sort of decoration, which would make you make more futureristic guns

That's all for now, folks. New member ;Kinas, Signing out.

i would like to see a hidden wire type of wire that is revealed when it has been activated useful for the normal biome traps plus a map idea i had involving a bunch of trap puzzles

A fix for wiring, and specifically actuators and teleporters, in Multiplayer would be so awesome.
Having large, or even relatively small actuator-powered farms/arenas messed up with random blocks non-actuated destroys a lot of great stuff. :[
Same thing with teleporters, you can't have a pressure plate on a destination teleporter or you will go back most of the time.
The way Teleporters work in MP is just... weird and random.

Biome maker : 1/100 000(0,001%) to drop from any enemy, and it will take the name of the biome where the enemy is dead. Forest surface, granite biome, dungeon, Nebula pillar... One activated, the biome will override the current, unique ennemies will begin to spawn and player-placed walls are considered as the naturals walls

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom