Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wish they could make a Throwing-Damage set for Hardmode , since the Fossil one is pre-hardmode , that would make things way easier and would add diversity.
I'm not sure if they are going to add anything more than wiring mechanics...but I wish there was a hardmode-throwing-damage-thing :(

Thanks for reading and sorry if I commited any grammar mistake.

But why do that when hoiktronics timers are so much faster?

It actually makes a huge difference once you start making more elaborate builds, so I'd contest that it isn't "necessary".

A lot easier? No, just the opposite in fact, unless you plan to just copy existing set-ups from around the net. And the pending logic gates won't take up that much less space either - the current logic gates are pretty compact as it is.

We have those already ;).

There's a certain advantage to mechanisms where the actors don't despawn, aren't NPCs you might have other uses for, and never have multiplayer issues.

Anyhow, feel free to give me an example of something useful in-game that requires 1/60s timers. I don't think it exists. It is only useful if you are making something do lots of calculations that won't benefit from paralel processing-- but then you're going to be limited by a very small amount of memory. Really the only way hoiks are better is timers and that's it. In all other ways they are inferior. And yes, they do take up more space and will be more time consuming to setup.

I don't see how you can think something that takes dozens of blocks to setup is about as compact as something that takes up 3.

Not related to wiring but, you gotta make making texture packs easier! Like making a way to switch between texture packs super easy. And/or contain a .png version of the default inside of the files.

shoot, a day night sensor that can power things on and of based on time of day would be nice
or say have a item that powers things at times that were input, that would make things rather fun

Ooo, that would be cool, like when Christmas comes around and you can get Santa to live with you so you can buy some Christmas Lights, you can use the sensor to have them off by day and on by night. Makes it much more realistic eh?

I was in England 7 years. The most of my life! Im 13..
[DOUBLEPOST=1441287363,1441286893][/DOUBLEPOST]I know it is a wiring update but i have 2 new cool ideas.
1. New npc The Tatooist /he changes the skin colour\ cost 5 gold

2.New slot in the clother npc /style change\ it changes the style of clothes style of player. Cost 2 gold
[DOUBLEPOST=1441287518][/DOUBLEPOST]And a new timer /0,5 second timer\
Crafted with 2 gold or platinium clocks.
Even better, 0.5 second timer using luminite clocks. this could add more use for luminite after the armor and wings.

A few of these have been suggested already, but I am just tossing out my whole idea list I have been sitting on.
  1. Wire Colors. As often mentioned, more would be nice. More specifically, I think a wire color matching each team color, to tie in with the next suggestion.
  2. Team switches. Set to either trigger when a matching team member crosses over it, or anything but a team member. Combined with the wiring this could work together nicely for team based games in various PVP scenarios.
  3. Diode. Current idea places it at three tiles long, a wire is connected to each end and it will act much like a diode does in real life. Apply a signal to one wire and it will propagate to the other, but apply to the second and no signal will be passed back. Allow the middle block to be toggle-able so that the allowed direction can be changed, with a third state allowing two way traffic. The diode would also double as a method to change wire colors in the same circuit.
  4. Relay. This has probably been mentioned, but if not, the relay would be a three tile wide device that would allow a signal to pass from a wire connected to one end to the wire connected opposite only when the center tile is "on". The center tile can be changed between "on" and "off" by right clicking or a wire signal. The main reason for this idea is to allow for a checkpoint mechanic on some maps. Player reaches a set point and flips a switch, it triggers the relay and completes the connection between a teleport pad at the spawn point, and one at the checkpoint.
  5. Boss summon statues. Suggested before, but I shall do so again. The Eyeball, Gloom, and Corrupt statues for the Eye of Cthulhu, Skeletron, and Eater of Worlds respectively. Using a combination of endgame materials and multiple summoning items/voodoo dolls to convert the decorative statue into a more evil looking one that can be activated. Only works where the summoning item would work and with all other usage restrictions carried over, the statues would be available at the endgame where farming to make the summoning items is just tedious. Game balance shouldn't be negatively affected as it would not allow for mass boss summoning and would allow for some fun in constructing maps with boss events able to be triggered from a switch.
  6. Rope-like Wire behavior. I don't know how hard it would be to implement this, but I think it would be an alternative to the various wireless connection ideas. Basically, you can place wire like you can place rope. Placing it on already existing wire will merely extend it in a set direction. If you are to the right of the wire you are placing on, the line will propagate to the left, if you are on the left, it will go to the right, if above it goes below, and finally if you are below the wire it will grow upwards. A combination of GPS items and paying attention to stack counts would let the player calculate how far the wire has extended and where the end should be. This would go a long way towards mitigating the frustration of laying out long lines of wire for teleportation lines and such while not trivializing the work like a wireless setup would do.
Hopefully a few of these are new ideas, or at least a new version of a few of them. Now to get around to posting the non wiring based suggestions...eventually...

I have a few suggestions that I don't think I've seen in this thread.

I think it would be nice if you could craft some/any/all of the traps you can usually only find in the wild.
Also, one idea I don't know if I've ever seen at all in this thread: The ability to somehow wire equipment so that it can be used automatically, so that for example, maybe a gun on a weapon rack automatically shoots when a switch is stepped on, or a certain spell is automatically cast. The only weird issue for that idea I can think of are weapons that are dependent on the cursor location and whether the mouse button is held or not... perhaps the pseudo mouse button could be held as long as someone is standing on the pressure plate, and the pseudo cursor would be focused on the pressure plate?

The logic gates coming in 1.3.1 will only save a small bit of space, since the current gates (AND, OR, etc.) are pretty small. Also, since the basic gates need to be strung together instead of using giant logic gates, you might not even end up saving that much space altogether. In fact, the 4th wire color will do wonders for compression alone.
Yeah they need more types of logic gates and more wires. It sucks that they can only have 4 colors. I really wish they could add in all the crazy kind of wires and logic gates that the RedPower 2 mod for Minecraft had. `:sigh:

o_O Are you talking to me? I don't hate Minecraft. I'm just saying I wish Terraria could have all the colored wires and types of logic gates that the Minecraft mod "RedPower 2" had.

No not mad at you, I was mad a someone else. I might try the mod when I get the chance.

(To minecraft haters) why do you hate minecraft?
I don't really hate Minecraft but I dislike it quite a lot. I played it initially on PC and later my kids wanted it on XBox One. I've played a reasonable amount I feel for a game I just don't care for because I really did want to like it. The main issues I have seem to be these:

- Mostly, it's slow. Everything feels so slow, the combat, mining, building, menu navigation, etc... There's nothing about the game that is fast or even reasonably paced IMO.
- I don't care for the aesthetic at all, I understand why it's done that way and I don't let it prevent me from playing but I'd still prefer something else. (Unlike Zelda's Wind Waker's art style that really bothered me at first but grew on me quite a bit after the first few hours.) I understand that a lot of people like it, it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not the type that needs ultra realistic graphics in games, I will always value good quality game play over shiny graphics.

P.S.: That's about all I have to say, any replies trying to have a debate will be ignored. I wouldn't have even posted this but I felt SamTTM asked a valid question and didn't want him to not get any honest answers on the topic.

I don't really hate Minecraft but I dislike it quite a lot. I played it initially on PC and later my kids wanted it on XBox One. I've played a reasonable amount I feel for a game I just don't care for because I really did want to like it. The main issues I have seem to be these:

- Mostly, it's slow. Everything feels so slow, the combat, mining, building, menu navigation, etc... There's nothing about the game that is fast or even reasonably paced IMO.
- I don't care for the aesthetic at all, I understand why it's done that way and I don't let it prevent me from playing but I'd still prefer something else. (Unlike Zelda's Wind Waker's art style that really bothered me at first but grew on me quite a bit after the first few hours.) I understand that a lot of people like it, it just doesn't sit well with me. I'm not the type that needs ultra realistic graphics in games, I will always value good quality game play over shiny graphics.

P.S.: That's about all I have to say, any replies trying to have a debate will be ignored. I wouldn't have even posted this but I felt SamTTM asked a valid question and didn't want him to not get any honest answers on the topic.
Yeah, Minecraft kind of needs mods to be fun. But have you tried any texture packs? They can help make the game look a little better.

Thank you for telling me.

(To minecraft haters) why do you hate minecraft?

Vertigo. I do not hate Minecraft, but I literately can not and have not really played Minecraft. Any up/down camera pan or vertical camera bob and a 3D game will have me flushed and ready to puke inside of 30 minutes. The Minecraft camera controls suck and the 3rd person isometric view is practically unusable while digging.

Three cheers for Terraria and long live 2D!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom