Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
We need zoom for PC, being visually impaired, the lack of this one feature makes me only want to play mobile. Also changing resolution is not a fit solution for this problem because if your fighting a boss that is huge you want to be able to zoom out quickly.

We need zoom for PC, being visually impaired, the lack of this one feature makes me only want to play mobile. Also changing resolution is not a fit solution for this problem because if your fighting a boss that is huge you want to be able to zoom out quickly.
This could help,but its not wire related thing,also why you need "to zoom out quickly"?

It would be cool to see more cannons. Here are my ideas:

A big crossbow thing (I don't know what it's called):
Uses any arrows as ammo, crafted with a wooden bow and 20 iron.

Hellfire crossbow thing:
Same thing as the last one but does more damage and transforms wooden arrows to hellfire arrows, crafted with the last one and 20 hellstone bars

Mechanical cannon:
Crafted with a normal cannon, 10 iron and 10 wire, you can put cannonballs inside it and shoot them with wire signals

It would be cool to see more cannons. Here are my ideas:

A big crossbow thing (I don't know what it's called):
Uses any arrows as ammo, crafted with a wooden bow and 20 iron.

Hellfire crossbow thing:
Same thing as the last one but does more damage and transforms wooden arrows to hellfire arrows, crafted with the last one and 20 hellstone bars

Mechanical cannon:
Crafted with a normal cannon, 10 iron and 10 wire, you can put cannonballs inside it and shoot them with wire signals

I think by the crossbow thing you might mean the ballista :)

You should have a wireless transmitter
-1 hollow bar and soul of sight and 5 wire to make one and one paint to choose from
The reason for these materials is well hollow bar is the base.
The soul of sight looks around to connect with others and the paint helps connect where it needs to connect
tripwires will be awesome too

Last edited:
Maybe we should have a new mechanical boss that is build by using wires, almost like building a temple.
The boss can be a golem or something new.
Windmill to be use to make energy
Windmill connected to some items(i am thinking about them

Tile/Player Count Plates
An on/off state plate that would count the number of blocks above it (no spaces) or players on it and send an on/off signal depending.
-Right click to open a menu to choose number of tiles/players.
-Area of plate can be increased by placing Count Plates side by side.
-Since it would be between tiles, it would be visible with wiring tools equipped.
If we ever wanted to use sand/slush/silt blocks as traps, but a player keeps pickaxing the blocks...in conjunction with an item/object dispenser, we could spawn more sand blocks above & refill the man-made gap.

wire tag triggers boss-statues for farming :passionate:. If you guys bring such statues on board in Terraria statues-set.
Time-machine would be genius :cool::naughty: that brings you back to Pre-Hardmode for thing that you forgot to do (if the hallow spreeds to much :sigh:)

Disco Trees
Don't have an idea for crafting.
The trees have four big branches coming off the main trunk. At the end of each one is a big hole. The holes can each hold one Disco Light, a thing that is either red, blue, green, and yellow. The Disco Lights can be places in the holes. When the bottom of the tree receives a pulse, an electric charge can be seen moving up the trunk and onto the branches. The Lights on the ends of the branches light up when the charge hits them, and each one only activates its respective wire color. For example, the red only activates red wire, blue to blue, etc. As many different combinations of Lights can be put on any one tree as you can think of.

I have been waiting to sugget this idea! A set of armor that woult allow you to be able to make yoir character shrink and a weapon that would make enemies expand lile a balloon and pop plus an equip that would act like wings but make your character look like static and swirl upward in a tornado of static and pixles

LASERS! We NEED LASERS!
I think it would be cool for wiring, traps, and digging.
A laser that could dig down and then attract items, one that lights enemies on fire and does damage, and ones that can reflect of mirrors to apply power to things!

This could be good for long distance wiring, gathering resources in a set area, and for making farms. Combine this with the confirmed conveyor belts, and the wiring chest in my base might actually come in handy.

:)

I don't know if it may be kinda too late or somebody said it already, but i would love to see something that allows us to automate item transportation and collection. For example - Item dispensers and/or item collectors.
Item dispensers
could be good for quick ammo/block/potion refiling or item transportation.They would work as a chest but dispense items when a signal is given.
Item collectors could work good with conveyor belts to collect the items and store them, collectors could work on a principle, if a item is on top of it it will store it in the possible storage below or to the side of it. The direction of output could be changed with a wired signal.
Implementing both of these blocks could increase the possibilities what people could do in Terraria.
Thank you for reading​

Hello there!
I'm DerpyDerp (Stijn)
And here are my ideas (Hope you like it)
Sorry for my bad english ( I'm from belgium )

•Delay Maker ( 1 - 60 Secons per delay maker

•Hidden Activators ( Switch covers )

• Secret blocks ( When you right-click the block, it will activate.

• Daylight sensor

• More doors (Lab door,...)

• Lasers ( If you run trough them, they will activate)

• Wired Cannons

• Dispensers ( 1. Can shoot arrows 2. Dispenses items )

• Hidden dispensers ( Just for adventure maps )

• Non Wired Teleporters ( Does not need wires )

• More wrenches ( Yellow, pink,...)

Need more information about something from above?
Just ask them and i will answer the fastest that i can.
I'll upload more later.
Keep up the good work guys!

Last edited:
  • Computer terminals maybe? Though I will be building a few :)
  • Some sort of wire-able mining equipment or mechanism that allow for automation would be neat but a grand programming task I'm sure!
  • Pixel type light blocks.
In general I think a lot of us just would like the ability for some neat automation.

Great piece of one's and zeros!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom