Official Get Wired For Terraria 1.3.1: Calling All Terrarian Mechanics!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great to hear it!
my ideas:
Wire rolls. you can craft wire rolls with 100 wires. you set it on point a and go to point b the wire will automatically go the shortest distance to point b and put the wire down. you can craft them in every wire colour. this would solve the wire placing problem.
View attachment 71658
how about adding electricity to the game. all the crafting stations have these cool animations but they work with magic stuff. it would be fun to activate the machines with electricity and we could have energy sources like
batteries which are crafted with slime gel. the slime gel has acid like property which is crafted to make batteries.

Edit: adding rolling platforms. they transport items and coins from a to b. you place them down in a row and they transport you, npcs, coins, items....View attachment 71659like this.
LED lamps: you can craft different types of led lamps with gems. activating them via wires.
Absolutely love the electricity idea :D! Maybe they could add an electrician NPC who can sell you batteries and electrical type items and also maybe every once in a while you have to pay him a small amount of money ( 50 copper maybe ) to pay for the electricity :p and in order for him to spawn in your house, you have to craft a battery.

Hello everybody. Here's my list of ideas & changes for Terraria 1.3.1:

Change sprite for Jungle Armor. Present sprite is awful.

Another bonus set for Ancient Cobalt Armor. Like a Spectral Armor with Hood.

Flywrench. Boomerang-type weapon. Drops from Mechanic with 12,5% chance.

Witch Doctor's Clothes. Sales by himself in Halloween.

Bigger attack range for Arkhalis Sword.

Bonus to Obsidian Armor.

New NPC: DJ. Comes after beating the Moon Lord. Had an ability to play all music from Terraria. Defends by Dubstep Gun with infinite ammo XD.

That's all, Terrarians. It's just ideas for update. I hope developers adds this.

Oh god 105 pages!? thats too bad really thought this would be a good idea and its easy to implement. Water and peace candles can be toggled on/off along with thier buffs. campfires and heart lanterns already do this.

Greetings Terrarians, from the other side of the 1.3 update!

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic response to the update thus far - as well as your assistance and patience in catching and squashing so many nasty bugs. With Mac/Linux launching this week, Mobile/Console update news in the air, and the exciting announcement around the new Nintendo versions, it is safe to say that it is a fantastic time to be a Terrarian!

With all that in mind, the team sat down and started to lay out some ideas around what we may want to explore for future updates. We have a handful of ideas and a general vision for where we would like to take things coming out of that - and that begins today with our announcing that Terraria 1.3.1 will be focused around upgrading the wiring & mechanics systems in Terraria!

View attachment 69102
(Image courtesy of @ajidot)​

Though simple on the surface, the capabilities of Terraria's mechanic system are deceptively complex - as evidenced by many of the amazing creations our fans have developed over time. From the Fountain in the 1.2 Trailer to the more-recent computers (and blackjack machines! ;) ) of 2015, you never cease to amaze us. That got the team thinking - what if we expanded upon that toolbox of capabilities? Even better, what if we asked you guys for your ideas in doing so?

divider.png

Well, that is exactly what we are going to do in this thread. You get a sense for what we are trying to do with 1.3.1 - now we need your ideas for how wiring and mechanics can be taken to the next level. To submit your idea:
  • Simply post your idea in this thread which as much detail as you can provide.
  • Anything is fair game: new items, new switches, more wire colors, etc.
  • The team will read through all of your ideas along the path to development for 1.3.1, and incorporate any new ideas that seem really cool
  • Of course, we already have our own internal list of "stuff", but we will keep that a secret for now.
divider.png

Ok, we will let you get right to it - we look forward to hearing all of your amazing ideas.

Thanks!
[DOUBLEPOST=1449391017,1449390777][/DOUBLEPOST]How about Special Walls called "Foreground Walls"? These wall could be placed so the player appears to disappear behind them, so it's like a tunnel that you can only see the outside wall of, it would be good for under ground mazes for adventure maps. And it would be good for traps cause the walls will appear to be blocks. Until you fall through them

Not only do I think switches, traps, and gadgets should be affected by conveyer belts, but i think we should also be able to make a sticky conveyor belt/version of the gadget; so that you can move wire toggled objects all over the place.

From the comments in the Terraria 1.3.1 Update Ideas, this got me thinking.

Wirestone Block - A stone covered with wires that activates any wire mechanisms, despite having no activators and can powers up to 30 wires then stops unless another switch or Wirestone has been placed.

Solar Panel - Activates all mechanisms that connect to it and gains power from sunlight (meaning it automatically turns off at night) or when any blocks block the daylight to the panel.

Storage Block - A block that stores 3x3 items of any kind, but when connected to switches the block shoots projectiles that were placed in the block with the velocity and speed of a dart trap. But when used with items it just drops it.

Maybe different types of teleporters that gives of different teleporting effects when used.

The smart cursor for placing wires should always go straight. (IDK but I'm having a hard time putting TP's from one place to another cause sometimes it messes up.)

Hello everybody. Here's my list of ideas & changes for Terraria 1.3.1:

Change sprite for Jungle Armor. Present sprite is awful.

Another bonus set for Ancient Cobalt Armor. Like a Spectral Armor with Hood.

Flywrench. Boomerang-type weapon. Drops from Mechanic with 12,5% chance.

Witch Doctor's Clothes. Sales by himself in Halloween.

Bigger attack range for Arkhalis Sword.

Bonus to Obsidian Armor.

New NPC: DJ. Comes after beating the Moon Lord. Had an ability to play all music from Terraria. Defends by Dubstep Gun with infinite ammo XD.

That's all, Terrarians. It's just ideas for update. I hope developers adds this.
Also DJ might sell Dubstep Gun for 99 plat 99 gold 99 silver 99 copper :D
[DOUBLEPOST=1449510185,1449510121][/DOUBLEPOST]
Game Mechanics - Towns People
The town npc's should be able to climb ropes, just like a player does.
Maybe they will also have ability to dodge mobs and get armor accs & other stuff.Maybe they could solo kill moon lord no dmg with no armor daybreak? :D

Hope it's not to late!
All i want to see is a way to interact with chests and items on the floors, like a way to pick items up and put them in chests, it will make auto-farming a dream came true :D

Not to belittle your idea ('cause I like it), but I've made something that works like an elevator. It's a ton of wiring though, so it might not be for everyone.
http://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/novelty-elevators.32905/

I absolutely love the motion sensor and programmable timer ideas, too.

That's a great system you got there but I don't think many people would wanna have such complex structures with a lot of wiring taking space and possibly messing up symmetry within their build. with the elevator gadgets that I suggested it will be nice a simple without taking too much space nor much time either aswell as it wont hinder future systems that they might wanna build (wiring) that may interfere with the elevator.

It would be really useful to have a game mechanic that starts up wiring depending on the distance from the player to the wiring. In the current version, wiring will shut off after a certain distance between the players and wire. if the wire could reactivate when the player returns, that would be very useful for future ideas.

I've been making a teleporter from spawn to jungle, and honestly I left it unfinished as it requires too many wires. So here's my idea: wireless transmitter and wireless receiver (Most of this idea is based on the Minecraft mod).
Right-clicking a Wireless Transmitter will make a tiny text box appear (about 30 characters). You can give it a name so that it will display on it, like a chest. Place down a Wireless Receiver and input the same text (e.g. if your Transmitter's name is LOLLOL and your Receiver's name is LOLLOL, a signal will come out of the Receiver), then wire that Receiver to something such as a Teleporter and it will teleport. yes I know this is so minecrafty and hard to explain, but it's something that is extremely useful even if Teleporters aren't used, like making a light that can only turn on from a certain control room

I'm really looking forward to this new Update, so here are my suggestions, that hopefully make it into 1.3.1(The HAX0R Update imo):

--> New Object: Microchips // The Way they've done it in Little Big Planet 2, so that you can carry your Ideas around
--> Gameplay/New Object: Copy&Paste Feature for Logic
--> New Objects: More Inputs to work within the new Logic System (Keyboard, Movement Sensor, Time of Day Sensor, so on)
--> New NPC: The Computer Nerd/Hacker (A NPC who won't go outside of his room, needs no Light to settle down but some sort of Computer Sprite/Object must be placed)
--> New Objects: Logic Gates (NOT, AND, OR, XOR, etc) as mentioned before
--> New Object: Water/Lava/Honey Storage // A placeable Object which could hold up a certain amount of Water (Addition to the Water Pump System)
--> New Objects: <3Lasers<3/Mirrors and Traps as already mentioned before
--> New Enemy: The Bug // A Small Enemy, which has a certain radius to make your Logic not function (in a good symbiosis with the Energy System it would be fun)
--> New Object: LED Lamp // RGB programmable Light to use for Computer Screens and so on
--> New Object: Tone // A Block which makes sounds/tones
--> New Tool: Mine/Trap Detector // Self Explaining
--> New Object: Mines // You only can see your own within the Wire Mode (would be fun in Multiplayer)
--> New Weapon: T++/T# // A Weapon that shoots One's and Zero's and could shoot through Walls with a neat effect hitting the wall
--> New Accessory: Superhero/Matrix Wings/Coat // A Wing + SlowMoooo.... (Would blow my mind if this gets into 1.3.1)
--> New Object: OnlineBanking // A password protected Way to store your Money (ofc hackable with Logic/EasterEgg)

Optional Things are hard to implement and the Idea need to be polished a bit:
--> opt. NPC Stimulator (A new Weapon, an Item, a new UI? IDK) // A Way to program your NPCs, tell them to follow you and fight with you or do anything u want
--> opt. Energy System // Water/Thermal Energy, A way to store and "harvest" (don't know a better word) energy, so on

Off Topic Suggestions/Mechanics:
--> Gameplay: Ignition // A good way to get people rage quitting Terraria, cause their wooden House burned down (When they don't prepare with Water Storages/Water)

Hope you like it.

Greetings Terrarians, from the other side of the 1.3 update!

Thanks so much for your enthusiastic response to the update thus far - as well as your assistance and patience in catching and squashing so many nasty bugs. With Mac/Linux launching this week, Mobile/Console update news in the air, and the exciting announcement around the new Nintendo versions, it is safe to say that it is a fantastic time to be a Terrarian!

With all that in mind, the team sat down and started to lay out some ideas around what we may want to explore for future updates. We have a handful of ideas and a general vision for where we would like to take things coming out of that - and that begins today with our announcing that Terraria 1.3.1 will be focused around upgrading the wiring & mechanics systems in Terraria!

View attachment 69102
(Image courtesy of @ajidot)​

Though simple on the surface, the capabilities of Terraria's mechanic system are deceptively complex - as evidenced by many of the amazing creations our fans have developed over time. From the Fountain in the 1.2 Trailer to the more-recent computers (and blackjack machines! ;) ) of 2015, you never cease to amaze us. That got the team thinking - what if we expanded upon that toolbox of capabilities? Even better, what if we asked you guys for your ideas in doing so?

divider.png

Well, that is exactly what we are going to do in this thread. You get a sense for what we are trying to do with 1.3.1 - now we need your ideas for how wiring and mechanics can be taken to the next level. To submit your idea:
  • Simply post your idea in this thread which as much detail as you can provide.
  • Anything is fair game: new items, new switches, more wire colors, etc.
  • The team will read through all of your ideas along the path to development for 1.3.1, and incorporate any new ideas that seem really cool
  • Of course, we already have our own internal list of "stuff", but we will keep that a secret for now.
divider.png

Ok, we will let you get right to it - we look forward to hearing all of your amazing ideas.

Thanks!
Hi!
Although i saw that most of the posts on this forum were about wiring and wiring mechanics, i personally would like the guide to have one new feature. My idea is that the guide should be able to give you boss specific tips if you have been having your butt handed to you multiple times within the world. For example, If you have been killed by plantera multiple times without success the guide might suggest that you clear out an area in the underground jungle or make a tunnel to the surface so that you have room to move around. i feel it would be very helpful to players who are new/ players who refuse or dont think to look up the wiki.

I'm really looking forward to this new Update, so here are my suggestions, that hopefully make it into 1.3.1(The HAX0R Update imo):

--> New Object: Microchips // The Way they've done it in Little Big Planet 2, so that you can carry your Ideas around
--> Gameplay/New Object: Copy&Paste Feature for Logic
--> New Objects: More Inputs to work within the new Logic System (Keyboard, Movement Sensor, Time of Day Sensor, so on)
--> New NPC: The Computer Nerd/Hacker (A NPC who won't go outside of his room, needs no Light to settle down but some sort of Computer Sprite/Object must be placed)
--> New Objects: Logic Gates (NOT, AND, OR, XOR, etc) as mentioned before
--> New Object: Water/Lava/Honey Storage // A placeable Object which could hold up a certain amount of Water (Addition to the Water Pump System)
--> New Objects: <3Lasers<3/Mirrors and Traps as already mentioned before
--> New Enemy: The Bug // A Small Enemy, which has a certain radius to make your Logic not function (in a good symbiosis with the Energy System it would be fun)
--> New Object: LED Lamp // RGB programmable Light to use for Computer Screens and so on
--> New Object: Tone // A Block which makes sounds/tones
--> New Tool: Mine/Trap Detector // Self Explaining
--> New Object: Mines // You only can see your own within the Wire Mode (would be fun in Multiplayer)
--> New Weapon: T++/T# // A Weapon that shoots One's and Zero's and could shoot through Walls with a neat effect hitting the wall
--> New Accessory: Superhero/Matrix Wings/Coat // A Wing + SlowMoooo.... (Would blow my mind if this gets into 1.3.1)
--> New Object: OnlineBanking // A password protected Way to store your Money (ofc hackable with Logic/EasterEgg)

Optional Things are hard to implement and the Idea need to be polished a bit:
--> opt. NPC Stimulator (A new Weapon, an Item, a new UI? IDK) // A Way to program your NPCs, tell them to follow you and fight with you or do anything u want
--> opt. Energy System // Water/Thermal Energy, A way to store and "harvest" (don't know a better word) energy, so on

Off Topic Suggestions/Mechanics:
--> Gameplay: Ignition // A good way to get people rage quitting Terraria, cause their wooden House burned down (When they don't prepare with Water Storages/Water)

Hope you like it.
I do like the idea of hiring an npc to follow you. Maybe you have to complete a quest or pay them first.

What about defensive towers? Like traps, but with some kind of AI and health bar!
They could require npcs to "mount" them in order to work, or to improve their power / range / whatever.

And terraria definetily needs some of the mechanics from minecraft!
Speaking of dispensers, droppers, (sticky) pistons, hoppers.

And of course sensors:
* Daylight sensor
* biome sensor
* hardmode sensor
* npc-counter-sensor
* water sensor
* and stuff like that

What about defensive towers? Like traps, but with some kind of AI and health bar!
They could require npcs to "mount" them in order to work, or to improve their power / range / whatever.

And terraria definetily needs some of the mechanics from minecraft!
Speaking of dispensers, droppers, (sticky) pistons, hoppers.

And of course sensors:
* Daylight sensor
* biome sensor
* hardmode sensor
* npc-counter-sensor
* water sensor
* and stuff like that
They probably won't make pistons that move normal blocks for several reasons including the fact that it can get you into areas you'd otherwise need a key (or hammer) for. Earlier I suggested Sliding Blocks, that are made to be moved, so it wouldn't complicate things too much...They'd work well with the pistons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom