Weapons & Equip Give Shortswords a Helping Hand

These look really cool.

I agree that "Spectral Slasher" is a poor name. How about "Poltergeist Piercer"?

Also, no Fishing shortsword? How about this:

Piranha Poker
14 Damage (84 DPS)
3.5 Knockback
Use Time: 10 (5 uses/second)
*Acquired by Fishing in the Jungle. 1/60 chance at 50% Fishing Power, 1/30 chance at 100% Fishing Power.

I agree that "Spectral Slasher" is a poor name. How about "Poltergeist Piercer"?
That name strays a bit too far into the awkward and cumbersome area. It was a good try, though. :)
Piranha Poker
14 Damage (84 DPS)
3.5 Knockback
Use Time: 10 (5 uses/second)
*Acquired by Fishing in the Jungle. 1/60 chance at 50% Fishing Power, 1/30 chance at 100% Fishing Power.
That's an idea... don't much like the word "poker" though. :l

Here's another idea:

Shadow Splinter
Has a 5% chance of dropping from Ebondwood and Shadewood trees
Would be between Lead Shortsword and Iron Shortsword

Last edited:
No support for the angle as it makes them too similar to spears. To buff shortsword I believe a size increase is necessary and probably a damage buff too, along with a mix of attack speed and knockback that makes them relatively safe to use against monsters that don't tend to jump and do not fly. Support for your new shortswords ideas (or rapiers as someone mentioned :) ).

No support for the angle as it makes them too similar to spears.
A spear can be angled in any direction and is much better at multi target management. Without the benefits of being able to angle them in that way many enemies will be impractical to defeat with them.

Edit: Forgot to mention the huge range bonus of the spears.

Well I don't exactly condone the idea either, I'm on the fence about the angle stuff. While spears have the range advantage, I think short swords should have the damage advantage, maybe with a high crit chance (makes sense, piercing a vital spot).

Well I don't exactly condone the idea either, I'm on the fence about the angle stuff. While spears have the range advantage, I think short swords should have the damage advantage, maybe with a high crit chance (makes sense, piercing a vital spot).
Speed is a dangerous thing.

Let's compare the Titanium Trident to the Titanium Gladius.
The Trident has a base DPS of 109.
The Gladius has a base DPS of 198, and it costs less to make.
You have to consistently hit enemies twice per thrust for the Trident to be feasibly more dangerous than the Shortsword.

In a nutshell, Shortswords are a cheaper and more reliable option, but aren't viable against bosses.
I think it's fine how Szgamer227 put it. Of course if the developers decide to add this they will likely rebalance it as they see fit.

*WARNING, STUPID IDEA IMMINENT*
How about we make shortswords similar to yoyos in the way they work? Hold down the mouse to hold it out, and move the mouse to aim.
(see? I told you it was going to be stupid)

*WARNING, STUPID IDEA IMMINENT*
How about we make shortswords similar to yoyos in the way they work? Hold down the mouse to hold it out, and move the mouse to aim.
(see? I told you it was going to be stupid)
I think that deviates just a bit too far out of the current use of Shortswords. It's not a stupid idea, though... that would be cool as an ability for a unique spear-like weapon or a Lance. I just don't think it's very fitting for Swords. :p

This needs to happen so much, you know what? Next melee weapon I make will be a shortsword.

These are all autoswing right? Just need to make sure.

Back
Top Bottom