NPCs & Enemies Glorify the Golem

Will you support Glorifying the Golem?

• Yes! I've always thought the Golem was underpowered.

Votes: 32 74.4%
  • Yes! I didn't think the Golem was too weak, but I do now.

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Yes! I enjoy extra challenge.

Votes: 2 4.7%
  • No! I don't think the Golem is too weak.

Votes: 4 9.3%
  • No! I like having an easier boss fight.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Same with the others, I fully support this idea.
Yes the Golem may be "tough" in expert mode but I can't help but feel like that should have been his regular difficulty. It was the only time I even came close to death during his boss fight and I'm a clumsy person, always getting hit during it, cause why bother dodging attacks that don't do much damage anyway?

He's a weenie as of right now.

honestly i would say plantera is more difficult than the golem. i would personally swap golem so you fight him before plantera since i've never died to the golem yet i've died to spiky balls from plantera a few times (not paying attention).

simplest suggestion i can think of would be to increase his armor by 50% or 100% and his attack damage by 25%... i mean he is basically made of stone he should be tanky and hurt you like your getting smacked in the face by a multi-ton statue fist.

some more complex suggestions would be to give him an ability to suck your character to where he is going to do the jump/stomp so you cant dodge it or make him temporarily invulnerable when shooting his fists at you.

If the Golem is going to get buffed, the arena must become bigger as well. The current arena would be way too small to dodge, say, Stynger blasts along with everything else he has.

As it is, he's only easy because placed blocks almost completely nullify his chances to do anything. Give him more area denial or attacks that pass through blocks, but increase the size of his room.

I think he needs an all around buff. Say, hes an ancient robot, so, what about ancient magic too? It seems to be how hes powered. Maybe an extremely harder 3rd Golem Core phase that does that?

> Gravity potion
> Water bolt that shoots water.
> Pwned

Back then i was rushing melee character done in few hours with water bolts until Golem.
No hardcore skill required, and it's already proved that Golem is easy. The only hard thing is that bouncing spikes which i stepped on

As it is, he's only easy because placed blocks almost completely nullify his chances to do anything. Give him more area denial or attacks that pass through blocks, but increase the size of his room.

Golem is easy as pie, even in expert mode without blocking him. As a ranger, the highest damage number I saw was between 40 and 50, but this is only his body. If he hits you with that, you're doing it wrong anyways.
His other attacks barely ever went beyond 30 damage.

If you ask me, he's underpowered in terms of raw stats already, but instead of cluttering him with additional attacks that would make the fight messy, I would rather see his current attacks be more dangerous. Some buffs in velocity and damage would already make quite a difference.

Golem is indeed a joke of a boss in fact right now the Golem has only one attack that has any semblance of a threat in expert mode, mainly his laser spam when it is at its max fire rate but even that is avoidable if you *gasp* move. (Note, this is referring to expert mode as he has nothing remotely threatening whatsoever in normal mode)

Solution: Lihzard Wires, can only be broken by the Lihzard Wire Cutter (From mechanic after golem, +2 range?). Lihzard Wire could become available from the Mechanic after golem is killed.
Not worth it because Dirt/any placeable block all exist and are able to block off any possible trap/trigger mechanism and are at the same time critical for having an arena. And don't forget that the grand design exists too. Because of this I don't think protecting the traps is a wise choice. The Golem should be balanced around a player disabling/avoiding all the traps. Realistically the only way you could protect the traps from the player would be to make placing blocks inside the temple impossible, a task outright unfit for Terraria especially when every boss is meant to be fought in a player modified area.

They key point is that all but one of Golem's attacks as well as Golem himself are unable to pass or attack through walls.

Then you add in his very slow and easily dodged attacks and you get the easiest boss in Terraria by far. Some like the fist are so inherently flawed that I don't think they can be made remotely threatening without changing how they work

However there is a precedent that I think will be helpful in figuring out how to fix this guy. King slime before the 1.3 update was similarly a joke however this was remedied at least in expert mode by the addition of a teleport ability letting king slime warp to the players position if he can't reach them directly. Additionally there are spiked slimes that spawn as he is damaged and can attack the player at range. This made King Slime feel like a true Boss for the first time ever.

Golem needs a similar ability a teleporting move that can bring it to the players position at a moments notice. One idea is to have him toss a wall hacking bolder that falls to a place near the player(ignoring obstacles and having golem teleport there, or just having him outright teleport to your spot.

I also support more attacks for Golem especially as I feel Golem's drops should be parts of him more so than they are now or I should say some new attacks to make him a threat through out the fight. A Stynger attack could be devastating and serve a deterrent role in destroying both of his arms.

One of my ideas for the second stage is to have beetles spawn during the fight similar to the ones that support the player as a set bonus with Beetle armor. particularly at the point where the head separates from the body shifting Golem to phase two. The small swarming beetles would both serve as a distracting threat forcing the player to take action, but also explain why Golem simply drops Beetle shells.

Another possible attack could be to replace the pitiful fireball attack with a deadly hurled possessed hatchet spit out of Golem's mouth.

AS it is now Golem isn't at the level where I can really consider him a boss as lets face it he is easier than a biome mimic or ice golem (or the entire tier of hardmode dungeon Duke,Pumpkin and Frost Moons respectively.)

I would like to point out that as long as you avoid taking damage from them, any boss can be defeated with equipment from any tier. (By the way, the Phoenix Blaster is actually a very overpowered weapon that has a damage output comparable to the Adamantite/Titanium Repeaters.) If the Golem is too easy, it's because its attacks are too easy to avoid.

Stynger Bolt attacks would help solve this: Adding an element of chaos in the form of a hard-to-avoid attack would make the Golem's damage output more consistent and make higher tiers of armor more essential for battling him.

As for forcing players to deal with Lihzahrd Traps: First of all, you would still be able to disarm them by cutting their wires. Second of all, this would add a rogue element of RNG to the Golem battle. What if the room has a ceiling carpeted with Spike Ball Traps? What if instead the room has traps that are very easy to avoid? Two different players would have a very different experience with the boss difficulty solely because of the random traps that were generated in the room. The threat during a boss fight should be caused by the boss itself, not by the randomly generated environment that it has to be fought in.

The Golem will never be powerful enough, considering you can only fight him after defeating Plantera, which unlocks basically everything. If you want a challenge with the current version fight him without any changes to the jungle temple. Personally I think he should have an agro phase like other bosses whenever he is summoned outside of the jungle temple, just for an optional challenge, and power cells can only be obtained at the temple anyways.

I definitely agree. I remember playing my first play through ever, and having just won against Plantera, I decided to try and tackle the Golem. I thought that he'd be really hard as Plantera had almost killed me; Golem, on the other hand, was too easy. I did it with Titanium armour and no arena and no buffs, then when I went to the endgame I was ridiculously underpowered. I can't think of any solutions, but making the Golem stronger in general will help fix this problem.

I'm glad it's not just me. Anyone reading this should spam relogic on twitter saying "The Golem is underpowered, please fix" because the more people that complain, the more chance that they'll implement a nerf in 1.3.6. Hurry! Times running out! (They have allready showed several spoilers for 1.3.6 recently which indicates it's almost about to be released.)

To be fair though, you did have 19 buffs. (Not counting your summon, otherwise, 20.)

And on Mobile I can't beat him (no buffs except pet/summons.) without Spectre Armour /w hood. (Lifesteal.)

I haven't fought him recently on P.C, especially considering I have major lag issues on that computer, but I don't think he's that easy, the lasers he fires when his head has 50% health, and in stage "2" hurt alot.

Back
Top Bottom