Granite Tower

How do you like builds that are specific to one or two different elements? (ex. ice and dungeon)

• YES!

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • I guess...

Votes: 2 28.6%
  • Nah

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Quazariax

Steampunker
I made a twin for the Marble Palace (Inn Royale) called the Granite Tower! :merchantcool:
Credit to G-Nation for help with this build!

I'm always open to suggestions, but i'm not around very often to fill them accordingly. Keep bringing bright ideas into Terraria!:merchantwink:

This creation happens to be too big for one photo- don't mind the split
Capture 2017-08-02 18_49_43.png
Capture 2017-08-02 18_50_28.png

too much repentance imho.
I would suggest to make the main elevation to be a spiral ascendance, and the interior elevation inside the accommodations to have a false vertical ascendance for the overall appearance. The fireplaces are asking for a chimney. There is a very nice hint with pictures decorations at the bottom, I would suggest you give different themes to the rooms with just pictures. it will give a liveliness and variety throughout. I would also thicken some of interior/exterior walls to accent their belonging inward/outward.There are really many light sources. Shadows sometimes do little more than light, light vs shadow gives volume. Without light there is no darkness and without darkness there is no light. Let the shadow crawl in. There are a few more things, but I guess those should be enough for now. Good luck, and have fun with your builds =).

edit: if you feel like there is too much darkness, try to experiment with gemspark walls behind blocks, they will bring your buildings out of shadow easy, but dont overdo.

Try thickening the outer walls. On large buildings of this sort I find that if the outer wall is only one block thick it looks rather flimsy.

Back
Top Bottom