You can find my builder's commentary playthrough of the map here: http://bit.ly/HarbingerPlaythrough
Harbinger is a SciFi themed adventure map set on a Lunar base under attack by aliens, and a computer virus. Your ship is ambushed, and you're forced to abandon it. After crash-landing on the moon's surface, work your way through the desolate base in an attempt to contact Earth and warn them of the pending attack. You will need to solve puzzles, fight waves of enemies, and parkour your way to victory.
Keep an eye out for secret areas! There are also achievements you can unlock throughout your journey. Both will help boost your score at the very end!
WARNING: This map is intended to be a challenge. As such, some of the parkour and puzzles can be quite challenging.
Average Tester Playtime: Approximately 5 hours
This map is dedicated to the memory of my friend Jestex. He mentioned wanting to see me make an adventure map many times. I built this in honor of his request, though sadly he never got to see it.
- Single player map
- Start with a new softcore character (mediumcore/hardcore will break the map)
- Delete all starting items
- No placing or destroying blocks
- Do not use any items dropped from enemies or explosions, except keys
- DO use keys!
- Don't use map/minimap (it breaks immersion)
- Use "color" lighting mode (the other modes are very dark, and make the map harder than intended)
- Use autopause to assist with reading text popups
You can find the download link and installation instructions here: http://bit.ly/HarbingerDL
No mods required!
Report bugs in the comments here, and I'll address them when I can. Have fun, and good luck ^.^