tModLoader Helpful Hotkeys

This mod is fantastic! All of these hotkeys should be integrated into the vanilla game in all honesty. I was wondering if maybe you could make a hotkey that could toggle between pets, similar to the way you've done the quick cycle mounts?

Is there a changelog somewhere to see what was updated in 1.5.4.1 and any updates before it that weren't mentioned in a comment?

Is there a changelog somewhere to see what was updated in 1.5.4.1 and any updates before it that weren't mentioned in a comment?
It just added the ability for other mods to communicate any additional magic mirror-like items.
[doublepost=1502334891,1502334854][/doublepost]
is there a way to download the mod without tmodloader
You can download the .tmod file, sure, but no, the whole point of tmodloader is to load mods.
[doublepost=1502334932][/doublepost]
This mod is fantastic! All of these hotkeys should be integrated into the vanilla game in all honesty. I was wondering if maybe you could make a hotkey that could toggle between pets, similar to the way you've done the quick cycle mounts?
If you add a request on github I'll remember, but if not, I might do that without being reminded if i remember.

Does this work with tmodloader version 10.1? I'm using 10.0.2 and want to know if I can safely update.

Suggestions: Add hotkeys to enable/disable the Ruler (incl. Grand Design ruler function), Mechanical Ruler, Paint Sprayer, and the Force Mechanical Display function of the Grand Design & Mechanical Lens. Maybe for things like time display (watch/gps/pda/cell phone) as well.

Add an indicator showing which ammo you just switched to.

There's a bug with the Thorium Mod. Thorium adds an item that changes the player into a beetle (so they can fit in 2 block tall passages) but it's meant to prevent items from being used. However with Helpful Hotkeys, the slot 20 key still works. I'm not sure which mod is responsible for the issue so I'm reporting it to both mods. Here's a .gifv of the exploit. https://i.imgur.com/kpv5JLY.gifv

There's a bug with the Thorium Mod. Thorium adds an item that changes the player into a beetle (so they can fit in 2 block tall passages) but it's meant to prevent items from being used. However with Helpful Hotkeys, the slot 20 key still works. I'm not sure which mod is responsible for the issue so I'm reporting it to both mods. Here's a .gifv of the exploit. https://i.imgur.com/kpv5JLY.gifv
Sounds like they aren't using the correct hook.

Not sure if this has already been addressed but using the auto torch hotkey with an infinite torch from the infinite mod or any other infinite item places a crap ton of torches around the cursor area, as compared to using the hotkey with normal torches which only places one torch at the cursor

Not sure if this has already been addressed but using the auto torch hotkey with an infinite torch from the infinite mod or any other infinite item places a crap ton of torches around the cursor area, as compared to using the hotkey with normal torches which only places one torch at the cursor
Yeah, I looked into it, it's kinda impossible to fix in a manner that works.

Quick Use Item 20 is useful and all, but barely solves the problem it sets out to fix. Now I have a button to quickly use one more item, out of the 5 or 6 I'd like to... so I'm still keeping the inventory open at all times anyway.

Though overkill for most, would you consider doing the same for slots 11-19 as well? I'd happily remap my number row to use these items instead of switching the active item.

Quick Use Item 20 is useful and all, but barely solves the problem it sets out to fix. Now I have a button to quickly use one more item, out of the 5 or 6 I'd like to... so I'm still keeping the inventory open at all times anyway.

Though overkill for most, would you consider doing the same for slots 11-19 as well? I'd happily remap my number row to use these items instead of switching the active item.
Fokson, what about second hotbar ? https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/abluescarabs-mods.47835/#SecondHotbar
just a suggestion

I tried it, but I find it a hassle and not worth using. I still, after pressing the button to swap the hotbar, need to roll the mouse wheel to select the other item, then use it, then swap the hotbar again, and return to my weapon. It would be far more efficient to simply have an array of keys that would use my one-off spells instantly, for example the Null Zone and cursor auras from Thorium.

New tmodloader version (1.1.3) breaks the mod (auto-disabled on start).

It has not done that to this mod for me, yet, but many mods have been autodisabling at random saying that it was because they were created for a previous version of tModloader*. In most cases reenabling the mod and reloading has fixed it for me. Hopefully mod creators will be able to find the time soon to update their mods so that this stops happening but they do have other things to do.

*For instance this time it didn't like Boss Checklist and Mysterious alters. But I turned them back on and reloaded and they didn't disable the second time.

Last edited:
just a quick headsup that we over at Ammobox+ have added a section in our downloadarea that suggests people should also get your mod in conjunction with ours.

Yeah, I looked into it, it's kinda impossible to fix in a manner that works.
I did some testing, and currently the code tests if the stack number changed. Checking if it's consumable fixes this, but then, if it can't be placed on the cursor, it doesn't test surrounding blocks.

I did try to mess with Main.tile, checking the block before and after, but couldn't work so far.

I'm only starting with modding, so sorry if I can't be more helpful.

just installed it and OMG its my new fav mod! Here's my hotkey idea, money trough :D thanks for your hard work
Put the money trough in the far upper right inventory slot (not your hotbar) and use the binding for "inventory slot 20" or whatever # it is. That's what I do :)

Helpfulhotkeys change vanity accessory slots on hotkey press instead of hold.

I'm too :red:ed to make a pull request on github so if anyone wants here's the code to have a hotkey for vanity accessory swap ,instead of while held down that it currently is.

Attachments

• HelpfulHotkeysPlayer.cs
    22.6 KB · Views: 209
  • HelpfulHotkeys.cs
    7.9 KB · Views: 347
Back
Top Bottom