tModLoader Helpful Hotkeys

I love this mod! I hope you are still considering adding a shortcut for dashing. I play with a joystick and it can difficult to double tap in a tight situation.

Hey there! Could you add a way to change how you set a spawn point? It's SO EASY to accidentally remove a spawn point, would be great if it could be set to something other than left click!

So I have this weird bug that after I close terraria and re-open it my keys work 1 time each and won't work again till I restart the game.
They're set in the configs, but I can't use them.

hi,
nice mod
can this mod work when a client has it and the server doesn't or the reverse ?
I mean it's just a hotkey system, it doesn't modify anything already existing...

to be honest I tried using modreader on this, and ended up with an empty folder :p
I wanted to check if build.txt included "side - The ModSide that controls how this mod is synced between client and server. See ModSide for more information. Defaults to Both." https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/wiki/build.txt

Thanks.

hi,
nice mod
can this mod work when a client has it and the server doesn't or the reverse ?
I mean it's just a hotkey system, it doesn't modify anything already existing...

to be honest I tried using modreader on this, and ended up with an empty folder :p
I wanted to check if build.txt included "side - The ModSide that controls how this mod is synced between client and server. See ModSide for more information. Defaults to Both." https://github.com/bluemagic123/tModLoader/wiki/build.txt

Thanks.
K, I set that and published.

@jopojelly
Thanks, didn't expect you to update it when I was merely asking a question, but it seems to work as expected, (can log in with mod disabled or enabled, it's not synched with server, so far only tested the "home" key)
so yeah thanks a lot *bows*

@jopojelly
Thanks, didn't expect you to update it when I was merely asking a question, but it seems to work as expected, (can log in with mod disabled or enabled, it's not synched with server, so far only tested the "home" key)
so yeah thanks a lot *bows*
Good to know. Don't know if we ever actually tested the ModSide thing after we implemented it, so I'm glad it works.

Hey, what does the 'smart quick stack' do? I cant get it to do anything. I don't need it, I was just wondering what the difference is/was supposed to be between the two options.

could you improve the hotkey that lets you see where things are from to work with items in your inventory/items that npc's sell as well?

could you improve the hotkey that lets you see where things are from to work with items in your inventory/items that npc's sell as well?
seems to be working:
SGIrl10.png

I'm so excited. This is my favorite hotkey yet!

Helpful Hotkeys v1.5 is Released!!

Adds 1 new hotkey, but in my opinion it should solve chest organization headaches!

Smart Quick Stack to Chests: (Defaults to \, the key near backspace)

No more painful chest management! Simply place an item in a chest and then use this hotkey and watch as the magic happens! Unfavorited items similar to items already in the chest will be placed in the chest. There is even a button in the UI for this hotkey. For example, place a Wooden Axe in a chest, and your Iron Axe will join it. Melee Weapons in one chest, Magic in another? Bam, this hotkey will sort them into the correct chest. Use either with a chest individually or with nearby chests.

The UI button:

D3XO9Cl.png

Well I had a issue with the hotkeys not doing anything and I made a post asking for assitance, but (of course) as soon as I posted that I realized that there was a option to remap the hotkeys in the menu and the darn game had everything unbound :D

Work like a charm now that I stopped being a knob :p

Fantasticly usefull mod !

Last edited:
Jopojelly! love the new button, Seeing it got me an idea.
A Dump Materials button, which dumps any item which is labeled material into a chest.
in a modded playthrough you tend to get a TON of new items, and manually sorting those which you "might" have a use for is kind of irritating, this button would solve it, effectively stowing away items that have a use, leaving you to sell useless items for extra cash.
Thank you for the mod.

Back
Top Bottom