Other Hero Mode: for all the pros out there

TerraWarrior

Eye of Cthulhu
Hello, and i qould like to introduce you to...
...to...
HERO MODE!

This would be fun for all the pros.
It is a mix between hardcore and expert.
Advantages :
+5% coin rate
+0.8 drop rate
+0.63 chance for rare mobs to spawn.
Disavantages:
No natural regen
Bosses have a bit more health
Only one life
Prices up by 3.5%
Enemies target you no matter what unless you have calm potion
Poison kills a bit faster
You can't go on multiplayer
Bosses have more defense
Purification items cost 1.08% more

You will be able to set your character, not your world,to hero mode.
If you manage to purify the world and kill every boss (exept moon) you might as well get an achievement.
True hero: Purify the world and kill every boss

Last edited:
1. we want to make the game harder, not impossible.
Natural regen is so slow its almost useless anyway, plus it would not make the game "impossible" Just a little harder. (and it does not make the game harder if you don't get hit) I've actually wanted natural health regen gone for a while, so it would be a nice feature.

The reason why you cant go on multiplayer is because your a hero.
You are basically a hero saving the world,and nobody wants to help

1. Only one life: We have Hardcore mode, you know?
2. Enemies target you no matter what: Isn't every mob except critter and slime (day) always target you no matter what?
3. Bosses have more HP, defence: So that means.... longer fights?
4. No natural regen: It's extremely slow for me, so that's not gonna change much.
5. You can't go on multiplayer: .... What?

The reason why you cant go on multiplayer is because your a hero.
You are basically a hero saving the world,and nobody wants to help
Now what kind of movie/novel/poem/video game/TV series has a hero with no allies because no one needs to help the hero?
Basically this is just "yrimir only, no noobs" mode, and you also said "hardcore + expert". Can't you just make the player on hardcore AND expert? Jeez.

Welcome, person from the future who already knows what Expert Mode will be like!

So, in short, you're proposing something as artificially difficult and pointless as hardcore, but with longer boss fights because obviously longer = harder, and with features that aren't needed and don't add any challenge - for example, the "single player only" thing is only an increase in difficulty if you're used to only play in multiplayer in a game designed around single player, same as the "monsters only target you" bit.

I'll have to say "no" to that.

basically you're proposing a variant of hardcore mode with more obstacles that make little if any sense at all.
i can understand dropping natural regen, that part makes sense, as it makes life regen gear more valuable.
i can understand DoT's like poison doing more damage, it does make it harder.

but no multiplayer, boosting costs of things and rendering stuff like the calm potions useless makes you sound a bit crazy. if anything, you should consider making calm potions become the "next big currency" with this "challenge" mode. calm potions would pretty much be able to give the player a little breathing room even if for just a minute or two.

as for the idea on how you propose to balance things, it's basically like playing hardcore in hardmode from the very beginning of creation (have fun with that unicorn and your copper shortsword!)

as much as i enjoy a good challenge, i have to say "no" to this one. it is just...unnecessary in every way as a unified whole. i'm sorry. no support from me.

Back
Top Bottom