Votes: 3 18.8%
  • no

Votes: 13 81.3%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

creeperguy19

Steampunker
I think that maybe there should be a heart of cthulhu boss and a mechnical brain of cthulhu for crimson worlds (if this idea is implemented, then move the destroyer to corruption worlds) (mechanical brain drops same stuff as destroyer exept for the asthetics)

You could only naturally face the heart after defeting the Golem, and only during a blood moon. Also, the things required to create it's spawn item can only be obtained by crafting 10 of something called bloody vessel that drops from bloody gouls (not sure what they'd look like, but they would have the same health as a lihzard) with one of any of the traps found in the lihzard temple, a lihzard power cell and the souls dropped by the mechanical bosses (possibly 10 of each). The heart will have it's own AI: stay in the air at a height that means only ranged weapons and swords that are long length or longer or shoot projectiles (terrablade FTW) can reach it (with jumping). In it's first stage, it will pump out bloody gouls at the speed of the heart rate (When it hasn't taken any damage, it only pumps them out with a 40 second delay. When it's lost a quarter of the health that it has before it turns into stage 2, it will pump them out with a 35 second delay. When it's lost half of the health it has before stage 2, it will pump them out with a 30 second delay. When it's down to only one quarter of the health it has before it turns into stage 2, it will pump them out with a 25 second delay.). In it's second stage, it will lose one of the blood vessels attached to it (these are where the bloody gouls spawn at), and will scream and charge into you upon going into it's second stage. After that, it does the same thing as stage 1, but just less bloody gouls and only changes heart rate when you knock a third of it's stage 2 health (it will go: 40 second delay, 33 second delay, 25 second delay). In it's third stage it looses a second blood vessel, scream and charge into you like the second stage, then spawn about 5 bloody gouls from each of the remaining two blood vessels. After that, it does the same thing as stage 1 but it only changes it's heart rate when you knock out half it's stage 3 health (40 strait to 25). In it's forth stage it looses a third blood vessel, scream and charge at you like the second stage, then spawn about 15 bloody gouls from the remaining blood vessel. After that, it does the same as stage 1, just the heart rate starts at 25 and stays there. In it's final stage, it will loose the last blood vessel and start attacking you the same way it did when it changed stage. When it dies, you would get 30-50 souls of plight (possibly used to craft a true terra blade), 10 souls, all of the same type, randomly chosen out of the three used to craft the summoning item and 10-20 jade.
Here is a representation of the stages (. = heart rate changed, / = stage changed, _ = way of spacing): (____.____.____.____/___.___.___/__.__/__/_)

The mechanical brain will have the same AI as the regular one, but it will have different attacks. The creepers that the flesh brain spawns will have mechanical counter-parts, perhaps looking a bit like the destroyer's probes. In it's first form, the creepers shoot lasers at you and deal damage if they touch you. There will probably be at least twice as many mechanical creepers as there are creepers on the flesh one, and they might have twice the health. In it's second form, it will shoot lasers that are a bit like the lasers shot by the destroyer and it's probes.

I'm rubbish at spriting, so if any of you would be kind enough to make me a sprite for these, it would be apprieciated.

Last edited:
Yet ANOTHER mechanical boss/brain suggestion? Didn't Red say no more mech bosses ever some time ago or did I just delude myself into thinking that?

1. The mech versions of the creepers that shoot lasers? Please no. Destroyer already has that and besides, TWICE the amount the BoC has? You do realize the sheer amount of particle effects that would be right? Not everyone has the best PC and while Terraria isn't a graphically intensive game, some people get lag when it rains or there's simply too many particles on screen. Just no.

2. Would this replace The Destroyer or would you have to fight this along with the other 3 mechs?

3. Too many forms and too hard to keep track of plus too many to simply remember. The "heart" pumping out enemies constantly also goes into what I said in the first reason. LAG FEST. No.

4. DON'T EVER force someone to use a certain weapon or type of weapon to kill a boss. Thats just a bad idea in a sandbox game where the main thing is letting the player tackle obstacles the way they want.

A ton of people have already suggested the mech BoC (including me, before i knew it was so oversuggested), and though i fully support it, please try to look it up before just posting it randomly. Also, organize your thoughts a bit more: the "Wall of Text" is kind of infamous on this forum for being confusing and hard to follow. I think that HoC is interesting, but i found it very hard to read.

I have to side with Shadowlesswanderer on this one- this idea is very unoriginal. There's nothing special about it, as the Heart is basically an eye of cthulhu that doesn't move as much and spawns way more lag-inducing monsters, and has way more forms than it needs to have. It wouldn't even be that hard given that- oh hey, by this point we can all FLY. And can easily gun, slash, or cast down this monster without breaking a sweat. What you're proposing is essentially just a boring, generic x of Cthulhu suggestion that holds no water. Please, if you're going to suggest things, come up with something original instead of suggesting an overused idea for the umpteenth time.

As for the mech BoC, zoomo has a much better version that isn't essentially a generic ripoff of the Destroyer's existing mechanics.

Yet ANOTHER mechanical boss/brain suggestion? Didn't Red say no more mech bosses ever some time ago or did I just delude myself into thinking that?

1. The mech versions of the creepers that shoot lasers? Please no. Destroyer already has that and besides, TWICE the amount the BoC has? You do realize the sheer amount of particle effects that would be right? Not everyone has the best PC and while Terraria isn't a graphically intensive game, some people get lag when it rains or there's simply too many particles on screen. Just no.

2. Would this replace The Destroyer or would you have to fight this along with the other 3 mechs?

3. Too many forms and too hard to keep track of plus too many to simply remember. The "heart" pumping out enemies constantly also goes into what I said in the first reason. LAG FEST. No.

4. DON'T EVER force someone to use a certain weapon or type of weapon to kill a boss. Thats just a bad idea in a sandbox game where the main thing is letting the player tackle obstacles the way they want.
so you're saying that re-logic made it so that you can kill the golem with a copper shortsword? also, it doesn't constantly spew out monsters. if you seriously want me to make it so that it's easier, i'll go back to my original thoughts of having the bloody goul being the same as a zombie.
I have to side with Shadowlesswanderer on this one- this idea is very unoriginal. There's nothing special about it, as the Heart is basically an eye of cthulhu that doesn't move as much and spawns way more lag-inducing monsters, and has way more forms than it needs to have. It wouldn't even be that hard given that- oh hey, by this point we can all FLY. And can easily gun, slash, or cast down this monster without breaking a sweat. What you're proposing is essentially just a boring, generic x of Cthulhu suggestion that holds no water. Please, if you're going to suggest things, come up with something original instead of suggesting an overused idea for the umpteenth time.

As for the mech BoC, zoomo has a much better version that isn't essentially a generic ripoff of the Destroyer's existing mechanics.
the mech BoC replaces the destroyer in crimson worlds.

so you're saying that re-logic made it so that you can kill the golem with a copper shortsword? also, it doesn't constantly spew out monsters. if you seriously want me to make it so that it's easier, i'll go back to my original thoughts of having the bloody goul being the same as a zombie.

the mech BoC replaces the destroyer in crimson worlds.
You completely missed both points we made. The boss you're proposing spawns 15 monsters every 25 ticks, or in other words 5 times every 2.5 seconds- that's 75 monsters every 2.5 seconds, and vastly exceeds the standard entity limit and would lag the game considerably.

Also, the mechanical BoC replacing the Destroyer in Crimson worlds isn't an excuse to be lazy. Each boss is expected to be unique in some way.

it only spawns more than 4 at a time when it changes stage, afterwards it's only spawning one from each blood vessel remaining at the speed of the heart rate. and i swear that a tick is one IRL second.

it only spawns more than 4 at a time when it changes stage, afterwards it's only spawning one from each blood vessel remaining at the speed of the heart rate. and i swear that a tick is one IRL second.
Uh, no. A tick is a 60th of a second in Terraria.

If you're going to use such terminology, at LEAST know what it means.

Actually, we already have the Heart of Cthulu. Look at this image right here:
Brain_of_Cthulhu-2nd.png

He just keeps it inside his brain. Don't ask.

Congrats! You've made a completely un original suggestion.
don't you dare say that the HoC has been suggested. i was never on TO, so i don't know what was suggested there.[DOUBLEPOST=1412959708][/DOUBLEPOST]
Brain_of_Cthulhu-2nd.png

no, that is one which the brain grew when it was seperated from cthulhu

Brain_of_Cthulhu-2nd.png

Omg i never thought about that. So by logic, if the heart is encased in the brain, which means youre fighting both at the same time during the BoC fight, that HoC is acually eaiser than BoC. Wow.

so you're saying that re-logic made it so that you can kill the golem with a copper shortsword? also, it doesn't constantly spew out monsters.

Technically, yes you CAN kill golem with a copper short sword given enough time, patience and skill. Someone killed Plantera, (easily a MUCH harder boss than the Golem) with one.

My point is that with the way Re-logic made the game, you don't HAVE to have a certain weapon or set of gear to kill any boss in the game. You're free to kill the EoC with shurkiens or a blizzard staff. Its the player's choice.

don't you dare say that the HoC has been suggested. i was never on TO, so i don't know what was suggested there.
No, not necessarily, however instead of trying to explain this myself I might as well quote someone who explained it even better than I can:
2. You made a suggestion that involves body parts of Cthulhu, which is done very, very regularly and very often poorly. People have lost their patience with the concept, and it is quite possible that the developers won't be adding anymore of this type of boss.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom