do you like this idea?

• yes

Votes: 16 12.6%
  • no

Votes: 111 87.4%

• Total voters

creeperguy19

Steampunker
I would like true terra blades to be in terraria. They would be crafted with: 1 broken hero sword, 50 souls of plight, 1 terra blade, 10 chloropyte bars and 10 of every gem (diamond, ruby, jade, emerald, amber, sapphire, amethest and topaz). They would deal about 98 damage with no modifiers, deal 2 more knockback than the regular terra blade and the projectile can go through a single block, as long as the block is in the way of it's path. The projectile will probably be able to go 1000 blocks further than the regular one's projectile.

note: I don't have a sprite for this, so if someone can be kind enough to make one for me, it would be very appreciated.

Last edited:
There's balance.. and then there's grinding for the overpowered. Overpowered weapons don't make the game fun, they make it trivial. Grinding doesn't make the game fun, it makes it tedious. And sure, there's always the argument of "If you don't want it, don't use it", but that doesn't stop others from using it in competitive situations.

The Terra Blade is powerful enough. (IIRC, isn't it the 2nd most powerful sword in the game?) It doesn't need to be made more powerful, especially with a grindy recipe like that.

In terms of per-hit damage, yes. In terms of DPS, no- the Horseman's Blade holds that title.
Wait, if the Horseman's Blade is 2nd, then what's 1st? I thought the Horseman's Blade was 1st. Is there a Duke Fishron drop that I've forgotten, or something? ;o (Haven't played much with the Duke Fishron update, soo ;U)

He is allowed to post whatever suggestions he likes, as long as he follows the rules, which he has.

The same applies to people posting in his suggestion threads.

On topic:

- This item only does 2 more damage than the Terra Blade (2.2% more), which makes me wonder why there is even a difference in damage?
- Flying 1000 more blocks is pretty irrelevant, as the Terra Blade flies an insanely long distance as is . . . there is no practical application for something that flies that far, so it doesn't really improve the item.

He is allowed to post whatever suggestions he likes, as long as he follows the rules, which he has.

The same applies to people posting in his suggestion threads.

On topic:

- This item only does 2 more damage than the Terra Blade (2.2% more), which makes me wonder why there is even a difference in damage?
- Flying 1000 more blocks is pretty irrelevant, as the Terra Blade flies an insanely long distance as is . . . there is no practical application for something that flies that far, so it doesn't really improve the item.
i have changed the damage, but for the difficulty of getting the things required to craft it, i can see a good reason to make it so OP

i have changed the damage, but for the difficulty of getting the things required to craft it, i can see a good reason to make it so OP
Sorry buddy, not really. As previously stated, overpowered items make the game trivial, not fun, and the item is not hard to get- just extremely tedious, which by the way is also a bad thing.

What you are proposing is not a "OP item because it's really hard to obtain", it's an "OP item with a grindy crafting recipe". That is not balancing, that is, sorry, lazy.

This is not very well thought out, i can tell. First, use some logic: if the terra blade is already a combination of 2 true swords, and it's already a beam sword, dont you think it could be considered a true sword already? I dont mean to put you down or anything, but the terra blade is named the "terra blade" for a reason: the final, most powerful sword in terraria.

Back
Top Bottom