Hot Topic How Did You Come Across Terraria?

I came across Terraria on Xbox 360 since April 2015 when it was free on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace in the Games with Gold section and I had to download it and as soon as I did, I had to learn the mechanics and the worldbuilding of the game and soon as I mastered them, I got so bloody mother:red:ing hooked that I couldn’t stop playing and I had loads of epic :red:ing fun! Holy :red:! The boss fights were epic, and the combat was the best of any 2D game yet! I’m a console player, yet I got to experience the original PC update version 1.2.2 equivalent (Console 1.0.5) while the PC version at the time had 1.2.4.1 before 1.3.0.1 in around June or July.

in like 2014 or something, one of my parents had terraria on their phone and one day i decided to play it. i was absolutely terrible at it at first but began to watch some terraria youtubers such as yrimir and a year later, i beat my first boss (which was believe it or not SKELETRON)
i still can't believe i played the mobile equivalent to 1.1 tho

back in 2011, i watched my nephew play it on PC and since then, it was always in the back of my mind.

then one day in 2013 i was browsing on the playstation store on my PS3 and saw terraria available.

it was a huge surprise cause i never expected it to come to console, so naturally i immediately purchased it and have been addicted it ever since.

it actually came out at a perfect time, cause it was a REALLY bad time in my life, and everything was falling apart.

terraria helped me a lot. :dryadcry:

Back In 2017 in some Minecraft fan website

some time later, I decided to give it a shot through an older version

Then in 2021 I've officially bought it and decided to play it with passion

I came across TotalBiscuit and Jesse Cox's playthrough of Terraria on YouTube in 2015. The playthrough was already a few years old when I saw it (they started playing not long after 1.0 came out, and their playthrough was mostly 1.0 - 1.1), but it made me wonder what it would be like to play it myself. Until then, I had known about Terraria, but had written it off as being basically 2D Minecraft. I bought it on Steam not long after 1.3 was released, and it has been my favourite game of all time since then.

I watched stampylonghead playing it back in like 2013-2014 and I wanted to go ot gamestop and buy it, but my father said not to and when I went home I saw that it was free with xbox live gold. i then bought it on pc later that year when my father let me get a steam account to get Stranded Deep which I found through the youtuber GenerikB

My brother told me about the game, and I loved the damn thing. Been playing it for about 4 years now, and my brother unfortunately no longer plays the game because all of his saves got corrupted and were lost.

My old best friend Henry told me about it and I got it. He then proceeded to tell me to enter the dungeon and ignore the old man. I think we all know what happened next. But after that I was hooked to complete the old man's quest line, and within a few weeks I beat Golem and finished 1.2.3's line of bosses

I don't remember from where but I saw a picture of Eye of Cthulhu and thought that's a cool looking boss maybe it's not just 2D Minecraft.
I was also looking for video games to run on a low end laptop at the time so..

So guys, we obviously found Terraria somehow. Maybe our favorite youtuber began playing it. Maybe your friend told you about it. So, in this thread, I'm asking you to share about how you found Terraria, and why you keep on playing it.

I'll begin. So, you know how on the Minecraft title page there is a sentence in yellow? Well, one time it said "Also Try Terraria!" Surprisingly, after a while I bought it on my iPod, with only that reference. I figured it would be a sandbox game, which it is. Now, a little more than a year later, I'm still playing it, and it is by far my favorite game. Why? Because it has more action than Minecraft, but it still is a sandbox. I also love the randomness of it all.
i found it randomly on my computer, i have no idea of how i got it

Back
Top Bottom