PC how to accept death in hardcore

how do you cope with death?

• Total voters

Green Rango

Skeletron Prime
So, for some odd reason you decided to make a hardcore character in expert mode.

Somehow, you've made it insanely far. But then, things don't go to plan. You messed up. You watch your HP drop, you try to dodge or escape whatever's killing you, frantically smashing whatever key's bound to your healing source. You panic, drinking all of your buff potions on accident, maybe they will help? Maybe they can help you escape your... er, inescapable fate! It's as if time slows. "Where did I put my damn mirror?!" You exclaim.

There are multiple stages of emotions when you die in Terraria, as multiple experts at dying in Terraria claim.

Stage 1: Denial
Stage 2: Anger
Stage 3: Sorrow
Stage 4: idontreallyknow
Stage 5: Complain on The Steam Forums or Something
Stage 6: Profit(?)
Stage 7: Acceptance

Accepting death is one of the hardest things to do in Terraria, and the real-world. But here's some tips.

1-: Have a funeral for your dear, dead Terrarian with another character. Make sure to invite NPCs.
2-: Listen to some calming music as you rethink your actions. Thinking about what you could of done differently can cause more sorrow, so you want to listen to calming music to reduce that.
3-: If you've grown some sort of attachment to the character that's just died, you could make a "mrdiedinhardcore Junior". Like a son/daughter of that character to carry on their hardcore sonic OC legacy.
4-: Watch a video on "Top Terraria Fails XDDDD". It helps.
________

You get overwhelmed with danger. You tense up, closing your eyes. And you hear it ~ a familiar sound you've heard before. The sound of flesh being torn open. You open your eyes. Power is drained from the very essence of your soul. You watch as your late character's tombstone rolls down a mound before implanting itself in the ground you once walked upon. You see a witty comment reguarding your death with your peripheral vision in the bottom left corner. You sigh, hitting the Alt-F4 keys as if it were instinct. Thinking, "No, I didn't die." and "If I just reload the game, I'll still be okay." These statements were untrue. The only remaining question left from all of this hardcore chaos is this:

How will you cope with death?

Expert mode, hardcore characters only. It's a real pain but I've loved doing it since expert and hardcore became a thing. I can relate to the symptoms above fairly well. I only die to traps most of the time now...

when you going to die in hardcore (i never maked softcore character tho) use f4. game will close = progress wont save. you will spawn happy at home :D

I say accept death and shame on all who quit out before dying. Otherwise what was the point of a hardcore character. I have died multiple times but I still enjoy it. Usually I make a world and character theme, like spock and vulcan, or bear grylls and man vs hardcore. Currently my best run is with a character named old timer. How I deal with death I bring in a end game character and wreak havoc on what ever killed my hardcore character. Then I delete the world and try again.

If you're going to cheat out of a hardcore death.... why play hardcore? You don't get any bragging rights. If you're going to come back and brag about beating Moon Lord on expert / hardcore... just do it. A lie is a lie, save some effort.
Yea, good point

I say accept death and shame on all who quit out before dying. Otherwise what was the point of a hardcore character. I have died multiple times but I still enjoy it. Usually I make a world and character theme, like spock and vulcan, or bear grylls and man vs hardcore. Currently my best run is with a character named old timer. How I deal with death I bring in a end game character and wreak havoc on what ever killed my hardcore character. Then I delete the world and try again.

My best hardcore run is with a character named Veteran Peanut; I made it to the WoF and i realized that i was under-geared and/or built a bad arena and when i got him down to 183 HP, I died.
[doublepost=1525045423,1525045140][/doublepost]
when you going to die in hardcore (i never maked softcore character tho) use f4. game will close = progress wont save. you will spawn happy at home :D
Noted for expert hardcore attempts

Expert mode, hardcore characters only. It's a real pain but I've loved doing it since expert and hardcore became a thing. I can relate to the symptoms above fairly well. I only die to traps most of the time now...

You should have a pressure plate/Trap on your hotbar to die to traps less often.

Back
Top Bottom