How to deal with those pirate's!

Wigglepuff

Terrarian
So whenever you go into hardmode, there is a chance each day for a pirate invasion and/or snowmen army to arrive at your current spawnpoint, just like the goblin army. Right now, i'll be talking about the pirates. i'm am going to do my best to help you deal with these guys.

So, there are five different types of pirates. The Deckhand, the weakest of the bunch, 35 damage, 200 health, 16 defense. Next, the pirate Corsair, a sword wielding pirate, 50 damage, 300 health, and 20 defense. After that, you have the Pirate Deadeye, a cannon bearing pirate, 30 damage, 150 health, and only 12 defense. Next to last, the Pirate crossbower, a pirate with a, well, a crossbow. 35 damage, 260 health, and 18 defense, making these guys purty hard. And last, but DEFINITELY not least, the pirate captain. 70 damage, 2000 health, and 28 defense! A.K.A, DEATH! :naughty:

So, now that i told you all that, i will tell you how to deal with them. Its is actually pretty simple, you just gotta get there without dying. = means block, any type. - means platform

=====--=====

its that simple! but you should put a roof and walls around you to keep any other pirates from coming in. The way to kill them is easy. Just stand on the platforms and either shoot them with a minishark or something fast, or use a nimbus rod on the platforms, so it rains down on them. when they get hit, they run away a couple blocks, then run back the the rain. or you can use grenades and/or spiky balls from the goblins. when their all cleared out, jump down, luer some more to your little box, jump up, and use your rod or spikes. Have fun!

So whenever you go into hardmode, there is a chance each day for a pirate invasion and/or snowmen army to arrive at your current spawnpoint, just like the goblin army. Right now, i'll be talking about the pirates. i'm am going to do my best to help you deal with these guys.

So, there are five different types of pirates. The Deckhand, the weakest of the bunch, 35 damage, 200 health, 16 defense. Next, the pirate Corsair, a sword wielding pirate, 50 damage, 300 health, and 20 defense. After that, you have the Pirate Deadeye, a cannon bearing pirate, 30 damage, 150 health, and only 12 defense. Next to last, the Pirate crossbower, a pirate with a, well, a crossbow. 35 damage, 260 health, and 18 defense, making these guys purty hard. And last, but DEFINITELY not least, the pirate captain. 70 damage, 2000 health, and 28 defense! A.K.A, DEATH! :naughty:

So, now that i told you all that, i will tell you how to deal with them. Its is actually pretty simple, you just gotta get there without dying. = means block, any type. - means platform

=====--=====

its that simple! but you should put a roof and walls around you to keep any other pirates from coming in. The way to kill them is easy. Just stand on the platforms and either shoot them with a minishark or something fast, or use a nimbus rod on the platforms, so it rains down on them. when they get hit, they run away a couple blocks, then run back the the rain. or you can use grenades and/or spiky balls from the goblins. when their all cleared out, jump down, luer some more to your little box, jump up, and use your rod or spikes. Have fun!
Actually, the Frost Legion is not naturally occurring. You need to use a snow globe.

I think your guide would benefit from more information. I have already written these words elsewhere but I decided to post them here as well.

Firstly, pirate invasions can begin after at least one demon/crimson altar is destroyed. Secondly, there are many arenas and tactics which can be used against pirates. Your platform/blocks construction can be expanded though your solution works well enough.

invasion_shelter.png

Even this shelter could be expanded by adding traps but some people may feel that this kind of constructions are dishonorable. Your guide would help these braver players if you told about fighting the invasion with no arena and pre-invasion equipment.

The number details which you mentioned were nice to see. They demonstrate to new players how dangerous each pirate type is. You could also say that the captain's fire rate is the main reason why it is so deadly.

I hope these comments gave you more inspiration than nuisance. ^^

If you're feeling like REALLY cheating the pirate event, then build this before any pirate invasions happen:
ZWEKe3b.jpg

When a pirate invasion starts moving towards your base, get some weapons that you can fire out of it (experiment a little!), open it, go inside it, re-solidify the blocks and destroy anything that comes close. Summons work really well with this.

Edit: This might stop being relevant if the pirates get a wall-piercing mate to kill you even while hiding inside or behind blocks.

Last edited:
With the 1.3 update now there is this goblin summoner in goblin army during hardmode. So if you were hoarding tattered clothes now is the time to use them.
Just defeat a few summoners and you should have all the shadow flame equipment. Now just use the shadow flame bow with a endless quiver against those stupid pirates and you are good to go. But might have a tough time with the crossbowers.

Or you could just lock yourself in a box, put 2 lava moats in your sides with at least 7 blocks wide and 8 blocks minimum height and there you go, you have a simple pirate invasion trap. To collect the loot just build a tunnel below the moats and pass by to collect the loot. You can also use hoiking to make it automatic. Hope it helped.

Back
Top Bottom