I just cannot defeat Duke Fishron: He needs serious nerfing

How long is the runway? Make it about 400~600 blocks and you should have enough dps to kill him before you reach the end.

1. Normal Mode or Expert? If Expert, try doing the Celestial Event to get the Phantasm first.

2. Use more buffs. Lifeforce, Endurance, Wrath, and Rage can all help you out. Ichor Flasks also work well with the Vampire Knives

3. Switch your accessories to Warding, if you haven't already. The defense is much more important than the attack.

This is only a fraction of the tips that could help you beat Fishron. If you can't beat him with the advice above, reply back here.

jj200275: The ocean isn't that long so I cant make it longer than 100 or so blocks

Ecna: 1. I'm a noob durrrrr so I'm on normal mode
2. All of these require fish, and I cannot STAND fishing
3. I've literally reforged my accessories 30+ times and I CANNOT get warding, it's just wasting my money
Oh yeah XD I forgot that 1.3 changed Duke Fishron's AI.

Also, for the worm-
Capture 2015-07-20 00_22_02.png

Use this with:
-nimbus rod
-minions(so it kills everything, careful, they could kill the worm)
-have your bugnet ready

Last edited:
To catch worms you drop down from above swinging a net. I got like 15 worms in ~10-15 minutes. Best to do farm like above, where you clear out an area and create a nice limited area for the worm to spawn. When the rare creature detector goes off go drop on it.

Dash and no knockback helped me dodging all of dukes damage in phase 1 and 2. Third phase still took damage. As a mage was doable with dungeon gear, but really got farmable with martian laser rifle. I liked ninja gear dash over shield of cthulu cause shield if it hits anything stops you.

Vampire knives are pretty low damage, so you are in for a long fight if that is all you use. I would think the martian waver would be faster or terra blade until you take some damage then knives to help get back up.

I made a big arena and then ended up mainly on the asphalt and first platform level rarely.
http://imgur.com/zCnxicH

Edit: Wanted to add did not using any fishing based potions. Just well fed, health regen and ironskin.

Last edited:
Just because you cant beat something doesn't mean it needs nerfs. There are two kinds of people. People who can beat fishron, and people who can't beat fishron. It's the final boss for a reason.
I thought Moon Lord was....
Anyways, just because you can't beat it, doesn't mean it's unfair. Get the Master Ninja Gear, it helps a ton.

So the title of the thread should really be "I can't defeat Duke Fishron and I don't want to do any of the things other people do to beat him, so the developers should alter the game so I can beat him without doing any of those things."

I can't beat him either, but I don't expect the game to be changed just for me. If I get to that point I will practice, I will grind, I will do things I don't particularly like to do, and I won't think of excuses why I shouldn't have to. I might complain but if I do it will be complaining about my own skills not being up to par.

Take these guys' advice. Really. Dismissing the wisdom of People Who Have Been There And Who Know isn't the way to win. Probably not every bit of advice will work for you. But some of it will. Each trick will get you a little closer to winning. And when eventually you do beat him — which will happen, unless you give up — it will be because you succeeded, not because the game made special allowances for you.

Buck up, take your medicine, and beat that fishy creep. You CAN do it.

Last edited:
Fishron,the debaucherizing mutant terror of the sea that kinda looks like a avocado reshaped and was married to a fish.No jk
I didn't want to fight fishron with potions due to my hate of fishing,but you will need to do it or other methods to beat him.Otherwise,I can't help you.

I made a big arena and then ended up mainly on the asphalt and first platform level rarely.
http://imgur.com/zCnxicH
Forget everything else, Max. THIS is the most important bit of advice you will EVER get for beating Duke Fishron.

As you've noticed, in his second Phase, the good Duke becomes HELLA kinds of fast. To the point where dodging gets tricky if not impossible.

But it's not impossible.

The trick is to make him charge at you at angles. Preferrably steep, vertical angles. The best way to do this is to have a multi-platform arena and CONSTANTLY swap between higher and lower levels while he's performing his charge attack. If you dodge like this, he will constantly shoot over your head or down underneath you, missing by a fairly good amount (well, okay the ACTUAL best way to do this is with infinite flight, like with a gravity potion, but this is a pretty good method as well).

If you build your arena high enough in the sky the sharknadoes won't block your path and you only have to worry about dodging the projectiles.

Just because you cant beat something doesn't mean it needs nerfs. There are two kinds of people. People who can beat fishron, and people who can't beat fishron. It's the final boss for a reason.
Fishron's really more like the extra superboss that's available when the final dungeon becomes available, really.

Now, this spoiler contains the ultimate advice on how to beat Duke Fishron:
latest
(Or if that's too much for you, just try learning Fishron's attack pattern and learn how to dodge each attack.)

For truffle worms do the far like suggested. Long, flat, single rows with platforms to easily bounce between. Use Hermes boots (or the like) and get a running start at the worm swinging you're net. Got quite a few with that set up.

As for Duke, besides the great advice already posted try going thru a couple Martian invasions. The weapons/mounts/minions I got there really turned the tide of that battle for me.

Back
Top Bottom