tModLoader imkSushi's Mod

The "NewRecipes" config was already set to false in my config file, but tokens were still spawning in game. I tried setting it to true, since the false setting obviously didn't work, and the tokens still spawned. Because of this, I have disabled imkSushi mod, as I personally find the new token system INSANELY annoying.
Almost none of my time speant in Terraria is farming for imkSushi recipes, but when it is I feel like the recipes used to make sense.
"Enchanted boomerang + iron sword = Enchanted sword," for example.

Now, when I'm playing Terraria without trying to use the mod at all, it is filling up my inventory with random different types of tokens that I do not need, and whose crafting recipes make no sense anymore.
"Oh, you know these tokens you got from random chunks of monsters? They can be crafted into anything you want!"

This update has ruined both the nuance of the mod and the usefulness of it for me. If the config actually worked, I would have no problem, as I would be able to go back to the old recipes, which were fantastic and very useful. But since that, for some reason, is not working, I am not going to be using this mod anymore.
A potential fix I may suggest is releasing 2 separate mods, 1 with old recipes, and 1 as the imkSushi Tokens mod, instead of relying on the config, which apparently doesn't always work.

I just want to say, though, thank you very much for the work you have done on this mod. It was one of the most useful mods in the entire game before this update, and I can definitely respect a creator taking a leap and trying out something completely new.

Thank you for reading my rant, and good luck with the mod in the future.

Regards,
-Laugic

The "NewRecipes" config was already set to false in my config file, but tokens were still spawning in game. I tried setting it to true, since the false setting obviously didn't work, and the tokens still spawned. Because of this, I have disabled imkSushi mod, as I personally find the new token system INSANELY annoying.
Almost none of my time speant in Terraria is farming for imkSushi recipes, but when it is I feel like the recipes used to make sense.
"Enchanted boomerang + iron sword = Enchanted sword," for example.

Now, when I'm playing Terraria without trying to use the mod at all, it is filling up my inventory with random different types of tokens that I do not need, and whose crafting recipes make no sense anymore.
"Oh, you know these tokens you got from random chunks of monsters? They can be crafted into anything you want!"

This update has ruined both the nuance of the mod and the usefulness of it for me. If the config actually worked, I would have no problem, as I would be able to go back to the old recipes, which were fantastic and very useful. But since that, for some reason, is not working, I am not going to be using this mod anymore.
A potential fix I may suggest is releasing 2 separate mods, 1 with old recipes, and 1 as the imkSushi Tokens mod, instead of relying on the config, which apparently doesn't always work.

I just want to say, though, thank you very much for the work you have done on this mod. It was one of the most useful mods in the entire game before this update, and I can definitely respect a creator taking a leap and trying out something completely new.

Thank you for reading my rant, and good luck with the mod in the future.

Regards,
-Laugic
Agreed. I too have encountered this problem with tokens still appearing after the .json file is set to 'false'. Hopefully this can be addressed, as I have no interest in tokens either.

Otherwise from what I can tell, everything is top-notch in this mod. All of your work Imk is much-appreciated!

Last edited:
Aside from the extra inventory management, what do you guys think is wrong with the tokens? I actually find it WAY better than how it was previously. I always felt the point of the mod was to give us an alternative to getting items we need when RNG isn't working in our favour.

Aside from the extra inventory management, what do you guys think is wrong with the tokens? I actually find it WAY better than how it was previously. I always felt the point of the mod was to give us an alternative to getting items we need when RNG isn't working in our favour.
Well of course the primary purpose of this mod is to give an alternate recipe and/or method of getting items -- that's stating the obvious. With or without tokens, imkSushi's mod accomplishes that just the same. Some people just prefer procuring their items for a recipe the normal way, by having items that directly lead to better items -- this is how the rest of Terraria is structured; vanilla and a majority of mods alike. Getting a bunch of tokens that do nothing on their own other than leading to a pool of various unrelated items doesn't make sense logically, and gameplay-wise I find it more tedious. When it comes to recipes and crafting, it just makes far more sense for mods to follow the general structure of Terraria.

Whether or whether not to use tokens is a moot point anyway. An option to toggle this feature off is available but isn't working, and hopefully that can be remedied so those of us who prefer playing without tokens can enjoy this incredible mod to the fullest.

More than likely, it would use underground tokens.
i brought up having them be in the pre-boss loot tokens or the post goblin loot tokens as all the items you craft with the underground token are items found in underground chests, infact looking at the tokens, all the items from biome specific tokens are chest or evil biome orb drops.

...tokens that do nothing on their own other than leading to a pool of various unrelated items doesn't make sense logically...

Wait, what? I understand what you mean with the rest of your post, but how do tokens not make "logical" sense? You get them at a specific area, and use them to make things from that area. It makes sense to me, even though I can see why people don't like it...

Or are you talking specifically about the "Loot" branch of tokens? Those items are still related, they're based on what stage of progression you're meant to be at and give mob drops instead of chest loot. Pre-Boss tokens give loot from across the surface and slight underground, because that's where most players go before fighting bosses. Post-Plantera tokens give you loot from the Hardmode Dungeon, because that's where you're going to spend a bunch of your time after killing Plantera.

I was not sure of the response to the new tokens system. I knew that it was a big risk, and many people wouldn't like it, but it also frees up a lot more of my time and patience for better projects (like imkSushi's Content Mod).

I will fix the config thingy in 4.0.7 probably tomorrow afternoon, but before that, 4.0.6 will come out in about 8 hours or so from now.

I was not sure of the response to the new tokens system. I knew that it was a big risk, and many people wouldn't like it, but it also frees up a lot more of my time and patience for better projects (like imkSushi's Content Mod).

I will fix the config thingy in 4.0.7 probably tomorrow afternoon, but before that, 4.0.6 will come out in about 8 hours or so from now.
It's no problem -- we're still thankful for all your incredible work. Like the rest of us, if I didn't respect and use this mod religiously as it is, I probably wouldn't be here posting to report bugs. A fix for this so soon is honestly a lot sooner than I was expecting, so take your time. Thanks again for all your work!

@sm644me I'm not sure how I can elaborate on that any further. As I said in my last post, I prefer items to correlate directly to other items -- as opposed to broad pools of loot loosely related by regions etc. Vanilla Terraria doesn't work remotely like that. When it comes to recipes and crafting, imo it just makes far more sense for mods to follow the general structure of Terraria. Also I think you're getting too hung-up on the word "logical". That just means it doesn't make sense to me from the perspective of how the game is played. You may agree or disagree with that, but whether one considers this implementation "logical" or not is purely a matter of opinion.

Now could we not further derail the topic with argument on this? I was answering Orangepecan's question as to why I don't care for tokens, and I think all has been said that can be said. Let's leave it at that.

Last edited:
Everyone is obviously entitled to their own opinions. You are certainly allowed to not like the new system. For me, the reason that it doesn't matter all that much is because by the time you go to craft the items you're missing to make something (popular offenders are Lava Charm, Obsidian Water Walking Boots, Obsidian Rose, Shiny Red Balloon, the Jump Bottle items, etc.), you already have plenty of the needed materials. At least that's been my experience. Having it done with tokens instead just really streamlines things, so I don't have to run around to 4 different boxes to get everything I need.

I mostly find this useful pre-hardmode. So far in hard mode I've only used the tokens to get a Bandage and that's about it.

I enjoyed how the crafting recipes made sense originally. The mod felt like it belonged in Terraria, as the recipes made sense compared to what the result was. One of the main reasons I don't like the new Token system is the lack of reasoning behind crafting recipes. The same things that make Hermes Boots make a Band of Regen and a Flare Gun. How does that make sense gameplay wise?

Also sure, I will grant you that it is easier to just use tokens to craft things instead of going through all your chests for different materials. However, easier doesn't always mean better. It is also much more of a hassle to just explore the world, as you could end up with 4 or 5 different types of Tokens in your inventory, and if you keep trashing the tokens to get more space, you will never end up having enough to craft anything when you need to.

I enjoyed how the crafting recipes made sense originally. The mod felt like it belonged in Terraria, as the recipes made sense compared to what the result was. One of the main reasons I don't like the new Token system is the lack of reasoning behind crafting recipes. The same things that make Hermes Boots make a Band of Regen and a Flare Gun. How does that make sense gameplay wise?

Also sure, I will grant you that it is easier to just use tokens to craft things instead of going through all your chests for different materials. However, easier doesn't always mean better. It is also much more of a hassle to just explore the world, as you could end up with 4 or 5 different types of Tokens in your inventory, and if you keep trashing the tokens to get more space, you will never end up having enough to craft anything when you need to.

Yeah, I can see how the new system could be immersion breaking, which seems to be the main complaint. I personally don't care that much about that.

Inventory management in this game has always been hell. I think there's a mod that connects all your chests together? I've never tried it but that sounds like it would help a lot with that.

Hey Sushi, VVV fixed the Alchemist NPC bug with your mod so you can remove the notice about that in your mod for the next update. :)

Yeah, I can see how the new system could be immersion breaking, which seems to be the main complaint. I personally don't care that much about that.

Inventory management in this game has always been hell. I think there's a mod that connects all your chests together? I've never tried it but that sounds like it would help a lot with that.
There's a mod to do that? What's it called?

imkSushi's Mod 4.0.6 has been released!
Get it now!

A lot has changed:
I corrected the fishing tokens tooltips
I changed the start loot tokens so that they are used at the anvils
I made Arkhalis and the Enchanted Swords worth more tokens
Now, if you download and enable a mod called imkSushi's Mod - Old Recipes Enabler, the recipes will be the old recipes instead of the new ones, and tokens will cease to drop.
The bug between imkSushi's Mod and AlchemistNPC has been resolved:
AlchemistNPC is a very good mod, go get! Its thread is here: https://forums.terraria.org/index.php?threads/alchemistnpc-v3-9.52798/
Some more stuff may have changed, I can't remember, but I think that is all.
Compiled with tml 0.10.0.1

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom