Mobile Important Information Regarding the Mobile Terraria 1.2.3-4 Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha
Hey! Someone got the reference! I was hoping someone would eventually get it. I guess I need to go comb the desert for more references.

Haha, I am big on puns and references! You rock!
As far as more references go, just watch old or classic movies lol.
I know I'm "Terrable"
Pun totally intended.

loki I think none of them have terraria on their mobile devices and they're being lazy about it -_- like seriously?! I have waited for 11 months for only a little small portion of terraria 11 months! How long is it gonna be till they release more content for 1.3?! I'm guessing 2 years and by then all the old devices won't even work! *sighs* okay listen I like terraria and all that it's fun but to see everyone else get stuff that I can't have just because I'm on a mobile device makes me a little jello and also if they don't release it by the end of November and then say that they have to delay it AGAIN I'm done just done I'm tired of waiting TIRED OF IT I would be playing Destiny or Minecraft and totally forget it! And the funny thing is: that everyday 3 developers are working on terraria and it takes like 3-4 months but with 505 just to get SOME content out it takes in my findings 6-8 MONTHS!!! Like no joke! Over and over being told we have to wait for some event that costs so much crap to make and like 3 bosses omg yay! Ugh they easily could've done what Minecraft Mobile did just add on bits by bits of content then give the people the rest of it just like they did with redstone! They gave us SOME of it and planned on giving the rest
After easy pesy! Look all I'm saying is I'm sick of waiting ok? Ok. ._.

Happy 3 months of update delay 505 Studios!!! :D we are so happy that this update is delayed, in fact, you can ignore us and release the update for th next year!! *so awesome :D* we love when updates are delayed, and we ABSOLUTLEY (EV3RYBODY) want that delightful game breaking glitch that makes the game lose 5 mins of gameplay by crashing every 15-25 min. So please, please dont ever update the game!! We love it the way it is! (Notice the most forced sarcasm ever.)

Yea I am annoyed how they are delaying the update I have been waiting patiently for this and now I'm getting frustrated it has been 11 months now for them to update this game possibly even a ****ing year oh by the way I never got a gameplay crashing glitch before on iPad but I have seen it happen on my iPhone
(I like the sarcasm in your post :D)

Well, not sure what to say that hasn't already been said:

- Bugs were found, bugs that needed to be fixed.

- That takes time to do. More time than expected.

- Such is game development.

I totally get the frustration and the desire for things to come sooner.

Not making excuses, just saying that is how game development works...and also why so many Devs (505 included) are so loathe to give launch dates or windows unless they are certain of them. :)

It's the never ending catch-22, that dynamic. ;)

Regardless, I would say that people being hungry for the new stuff is never a bad thing - so I'll never rain on that feeling. Wish I could give you more - but I'm not a programmer nor is it my place. I do get the sense that it shouldn't be too much longer though...

All that said, calling people lazy and/or implying somehow anyone is sitting on anything is just silly, though. A lot of time has been spent - rightfully so - in stabilizing the existing game (tons of progress there, with more still to go of course) in parallel to developing this content. Perhaps that combined to create the gap you perceive...but I have to say it was time well spent.

Just my two cents.

Well, not sure what to say that hasn't already been said:

- Bugs were found, bugs that needed to be fixed.

- That takes time to do. More time than expected.

- Such is game development.

I totally get the frustration and the desire for things to come sooner.

Not making excuses, just saying that is how game development works...and also why so many Devs (505 included) are so loathe to give launch dates or windows unless they are certain of them. :)

It's the never ending catch-22, that dynamic. ;)

Regardless, I would say that people being hungry for the new stuff is never a bad thing - so I'll never rain on that feeling. Wish I could give you more - but I'm not a programmer nor is it my place. I do get the sense that it shouldn't be too much longer though...

All that said, calling people lazy and/or implying somehow anyone is sitting on anything is just silly, though. A lot of time has been spent - rightfully so - in stabilizing the existing game (tons of progress there, with more still to go of course) in parallel to developing this content. Perhaps that combined to create the gap you perceive...but I have to say it was time well spent.

Just my two cents.
But... they can release android first... they have the problem with apple.. not android... its not android's fault that apple is so messed up, punish them (apple users) not us!(android users), and people in general would even be satisfied by fixing the 15-25 periodic crash, its annoying af and it erases stuff

I assume that they are not worried about theterraria mobile updates. I have been in the programming side almost 2 years not much I know but I can almost ensure that this much time it's enough for a complete update of Terraria and they all ready have :
- sprites
- game psychics
- items stats

So they only ( by only I mean one part but I know it's alot) need to translate the code they all ready have so mobile devices can read it and we all know app development for mobile devices ( at least android) of quite flexible about the programming language. I am really upset about the effort 505 games put in a game with this much people following it I can almost say the same for consoles, maybe in mobile devices they have problems with making the game to run in low spec devices but what about consoles, I think that counts not be a problem.

English it's not my natal language, I hope I explained my self.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448872908,1448872627][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to mention that the code also needs some modification because of the touch controls but it's still to much time for it

I assume that they are not worried about theterraria mobile updates. I have been in the programming side almost 2 years not much I know but I can almost ensure that this much time it's enough for a complete update of Terraria and they all ready have :
- sprites
- game psychics
- items stats

So they only ( by only I mean one part but I know it's alot) need to translate the code they all ready have so mobile devices can read it and we all know app development for mobile devices ( at least android) of quite flexible about the programming language. I am really upset about the effort 505 games put in a game with this much people following it I can almost say the same for consoles, maybe in mobile devices they have problems with making the game to run in low spec devices but what about consoles, I think that counts not be a problem.

English it's not my natal language, I hope I explained my self.
[DOUBLEPOST=1448872908,1448872627][/DOUBLEPOST]I forgot to mention that the code also needs some modification because of the touch controls but it's still to much time for it
Did you not get what loki just said? Bugs happen too ya know! They need to kill bugs that keep popping up. They will be done soon!

505games, could you like, uhm, give us an update on what you are doing now?, WE PAID for this, and we have the right to know what you were doing for the past 11 months instead of fixing 1, ONE single glitch, most of us are ok with you fixing that damn glitch, we know you know of it, its all over the reviews on the playstore, quote: "my game crashes every 20 minutes, i lose everything i did, could you please fix this" so, you could stop giving a damn about people losing their progress, mostly apple users, and release the update or just fix the damn glitch, because most of us will still play it losing all the progress or not, we dont care, just fix the damn thing already! Its been 11 months, the last update from some months ago, did nothing but patch a usefull glitch (cloning), and some minor bugs which more than 75% didnt even know about.

I have an idea so you do not lose ITEMS. Because the worlds are doomed.
1- Have a friend that plays Terraria.
2- Give him your items.
3- Update the game.
4- Enter his world and get your items
5- Do the same with him.
6- Enjoy!

I have an idea so you do not lose ITEMS. Because the worlds are doomed.
1- Have a friend that plays Terraria.
2- Give him your items.
3- Update the game.
4- Enter his world and get your items
5- Do the same with him.
6- Enjoy!
Not everyone has a friend they can do that with. Once they fix the glitch then they won't have to worry about it again and there will be updates more frequently

But... they can release android first... they have the problem with apple.. not android... its not android's fault that apple is so messed up, punish them (apple users) not us!(android users), and people in general would even be satisfied by fixing the 15-25 periodic crash, its annoying af and it erases stuff

I think you misunderstood a bit.

The Apple cloud saving thing is one item....that is the topic of this thread.

The bugs that were found and are being fixed were across all Mobile versions, not just iOS. The Cloud Save issue has nothing to do with the timing of the update.

505games, could you like, uhm, give us an update on what you are doing now?, WE PAID for this, and we have the right to know what you were doing for the past 11 months instead of fixing 1, ONE single glitch

Well, I think they have released 4-5 updates (admittedly, mostly rebalancing and bug fixes) over that time frame? As for "my app crashes" - crash bugs are most often not a single isolated issue (in general), rather something that has to be investigated at the level of each user (what device, what hardware, what else was going on/being run, etc, etc). My understanding is that a lot of progress has been made there - with some admitted work still needing done (WP crashes, for one).

As for fixing the duping bug - I will never have issues with a developer closing exploitable loopholes. ;)

Of course, you guys all paid for the app....and I'm sure they will give updates on the (admittedly free post-purchase) update status when they feel confident in the timing. If I were them, having missed one window due to bug fixes, I wouldn't say a word about more exact timing unless I was 100% certain this time. Just saying. :)

Ive read the Terraria twitter and they said in the next few weeks ( before the end of the year ) if they are wrong again Im just gonna stop reading posts because they keep saying it will come in a few weeks and it wont. I know they are fixing bugs but, why not atleast get us updated on how everything is going every 2 weeks. Maybe tell us when it will come when they are 90% of the way done with fixing bugs.

Well. I totally had forgotten what the OP topic was for this thread. Thanks Loki.
You know, I just don't like the whining attitude most folks have about the update. Go read a book, play a different game, whatever. Just stop complaining. It's annoying and very unhelpful to boot.
Anyway, I for one wouldn't mind if the devs took the whole month off from working on Terraria mobile in order to enjoy the holidays. Yeah I paid for the game, and yeah it has a few bugs, but it was 5 bucks, which is amazing considering the content and quality. And the bugs aren't bad enough for me to stop playing daily. At least i don't lose hours of progress like I do on Minecraft PE with a simple crash.
Terraria FTW! Terraria rules, minecraft drools!
TL;DR unless you are working on the game, stop complaining. Go do something else.
God bless!

Duping could be looked at as an exploitable loop hole, but with the game crashes, I find it's a pretty legit way to get items that you are supposed to have anyway.

Farm a blindfold or a trifold map for an hour... finally get a drop... game crashes... lose the item.

A - Find someone to dupe it because you're supposed to legitimately have it anyway..
B - Farm it for another hour and get one again and risk crashing.

Sorry, I choose A.

Regulation of intent is impossible though and you can't really expect people to be honest enough to only use it for that.... So, the duping bug and crashing glitch need to be fixed at the same time, not separately.

Terarria is like 3 bucks on steam right now. If what you want is coup to date content in lieu of mobile convenience, go pick it up. It's like less than you paid for the mobile version right now.

Agreed that both should be addressed. Again, though, with crashes there is nearly never "a crash bug" - its usually a litany of things from user side to device issues to actual game code bugs. I know progress has been made there...with always more possible (and that is being pursued)....so we will see. The notion of "never crashes ever" is likely unobtainable. Literally every app I have ever owned has crashed from time to time....its stamping out the "regular or repeatable" crashes that has to be the goal. If that makes any sense....lol

Just my two cents of course - 505 would have all of the gory details. :p

Well it doesn't COMPLETELY suck Minecraft just got its redstone update so that's good plus I have built some cool stuff and I don't crash Ever with a magical capital E so it's not THAT BAD :/

Agreed that both should be addressed. Again, though, with crashes there is nearly never "a crash bug" - its usually a litany of things from user side to device issues to actual game code bugs. I know progress has been made there...with always more possible (and that is being pursued)....so we will see. The notion of "never crashes ever" is likely unobtainable. Literally every app I have ever owned has crashed from time to time....its stamping out the "regular or repeatable" crashes that has to be the goal. If that makes any sense....lol

Just my two cents of course - 505 would have all of the gory details. :p

Yeah. Never crashing ever isn't realistic. The crashing is a pretty minor inconvenience unless it happens right when a rare drop hits the ground before you pick it up.

The best workaround right now is to just go to the main menu every time you pick up something rare. Going to the main menu auto-saves the game. Since I've been doing this I haven't lost any rare drops to game crashes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom