tModLoader Infinity

New to the world of playing Terraria with mods, but this is one of my favorites! I had a problem after I updated it though. Last night I updated tModLoader because it seems most of the mods I use have been updated (from looking up each mods info page inside the Loader) so updates done, few minor issues with Enemy Prefixes and Thorium, but I fixed that by turning off Enemy Prefixes, and 3 mods I had there were no updates for: Vanilla Edits, NoFlare, and Even More Modifiers. Anyway this Infinity mod is the one I can't live without so I updated it via the google drive download. Loaded up my game and all the items from the mod in my world were listed as not loaded with the item icon. So I alt f4, to avoid a save. Deleted the mod, and downloaded it again via mod browser. Same issue. Deleted the mod, and downloaded it again via google drive page, issue remains. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a new world because of the Loader update for the updated mods to work?

update: Started a new world, and this mod seems to be working there. When I load up the old world, it shows the items as unloaded, however I noticed 2 of the endless potions I made were still there, but the majority said unloaded item, as well as the endless ammo items I made. The WMITF says the ones that work are from Infinity - Endless Items, but the unloaded ones just identify as being from Infinity. Anyone have any insight?
CDAA625252FCED9720091C21EE13F8C63AFA2433

Last edited:
New to the world of playing Terraria with mods, but this is one of my favorites! I had a problem after I updated it though. Last night I updated tModLoader because it seems most of the mods I use have been updated (from looking up each mods info page inside the Loader) so updates done, few minor issues with Enemy Prefixes and Thorium, but I fixed that by turning off Enemy Prefixes, and 3 mods I had there were no updates for: Vanilla Edits, NoFlare, and Even More Modifiers. Anyway this Infinity mod is the one I can't live without so I updated it via the google drive download. Loaded up my game and all the items from the mod in my world were listed as not loaded with the item icon. So I alt f4, to avoid a save. Deleted the mod, and downloaded it again via mod browser. Same issue. Deleted the mod, and downloaded it again via google drive page, issue remains. What am I doing wrong? Do I need a new world because of the Loader update for the updated mods to work?

update: Started a new world, and this mod seems to be working there. When I load up the old world, it shows the items as unloaded, however I noticed 2 of the endless potions I made were still there, but the majority said unloaded item, as well as the endless ammo items I made. The WMITF says the ones that work are from Infinity - Endless Items, but the unloaded ones just identify as being from Infinity. Anyone have any insight?
CDAA625252FCED9720091C21EE13F8C63AFA2433
The issue with a lot of the items that became unloaded after updating the infinity mod is due to internal names that have been changed to be more consistent for development reasons. The best solution is to temporary use a mod like cheatsheet and spawn the new versions of the unloaded items. Sorry for the inconvenience, this should not happen again in the future.

The issue with a lot of the items that became unloaded after updating the infinity mod is due to internal names that have been changed to be more consistent for development reasons. The best solution is to temporary use a mod like cheatsheet and spawn the new versions of the unloaded items. Sorry for the inconvenience, this should not happen again in the future.

Thank you so much for getting back to me and letting me know how to fix it! No inconvenience if there is a solution ;). Loaded up CheatSheet and got my items back, saved world, reloaded it, no errors, everything is just how it was now.

The issue where the Singularity potion causes me or my brothers to randomly teleport to one another when clicking on parts of the screen persists. We discovered this bug two days ago, but when I checked it said it was fixed. This is not the case for us.

The issue where the Singularity potion causes me or my brothers to randomly teleport to one another when clicking on parts of the screen persists. We discovered this bug two days ago, but when I checked it said it was fixed. This is not the case for us.

It has been fixed but there was also another issue where it was possible to teleport even though you didn't have the singularity potion, I'm still working on that before I update the mod on the google drive link. That's why I said it was fixed but the link isn't updated yet so it's not possible to get this update yet. Unless you don't mind a dev build which is largely untested I will only upload when I know for sure that the known bugs are all fixed.

Version 15.2 has been released on the google drive link.
This version fixes several bugs like the bone javelin using the wrong projectile, this version should also fix the several bugs with the Singularity Potion, if any of you use this mod on a multiplayer environment please try to use the Singularity Potion as much as possible to see if there are any bugs I've missed with it.
Download Link

Seeing as we have infinite Buff potions, you should make infinite Healing and infinite Mana potions of all the tiers, along with infinite restoration potions. is that planned for a future update?
You should add infinite boss summons! Maybe using Fargo's mod's boss summons as a base?
I'm currently investigating how to make proper mana and healing potions that give the corresponding debuffs and work with the hotkeys but don't get consumed. Will add infinite boss summons at a later stage, if needed I will ask Fargo for help with certain bosses (The moon lord and duke fishron in particular)

Version 15.2 has been released on the google drive link.
This version fixes several bugs like the bone javelin using the wrong projectile, this version should also fix the several bugs with the Singularity Potion, if any of you use this mod on a multiplayer environment please try to use the Singularity Potion as much as possible to see if there are any bugs I've missed with it.
Download Link
15.2 is now on the mod browser as well.
Sorry about the wait, I wasn't getting alerts for the thread anymore.

Is this mod in conflict with mods like Calamity, Tremlamium or Thorium? I treid to use the Quivers and Pouches but they are all getting consumed after fireing the first arrow or bullet :/

I play with Thorium and Calamity right now, and thins seem to be working so far.
By the way, i'm hoping that Thorium and Calamity can get some mod support because those 2 mods are awesome :3

I play with Thorium and Calamity right now, and thins seem to be working so far.
By the way, i'm hoping that Thorium and Calamity can get some mod support because those 2 mods are awesome :3

okay .. hm .. so a different mod is causing the trouble then... gonna try to exclude some stuff and see if i get the quivers to work

EDIT!!!

I found the solution. I was using the mod called "Ammo Switcher" which allows you to set hotkeys to your ammo slots and using them while holding a bow / gun. It was a nice way to switch between diferent types of ammo much faster. But this mod somehow consumes the qivers and pouches of this mod as normal ammo

Last edited:
Insert witty comment about yellow snow... In all seriousness, though, I love the idea here, but yellow snowballs are off-putting. Any chance of you changing the glow colour? Or else leaving the snowball white in the middle, at least?

Mod support for those two mods is planned, we have received permission to make endless versions of their items. The next mod that will be supported will be the Dart Expansion mod followed by calamity.

I'm currently working on making endless versions of health and mana potions as well as working on a mod of my own (which will stay unreleased for quite a while) so development on mod support is a bit slow at the moment. After the mana and health potions are done I'll make a list of all the consumable items in dart expansion, calamity and thorium so we can start working on those mods.
[doublepost=1501587007,1501586907][/doublepost]
Insert witty comment about yellow snow... In all seriousness, though, I love the idea here, but yellow snowballs are off-putting. Any chance of you changing the glow colour? Or else leaving the snowball white in the middle, at least?
I agree with you that the current snowball sprite doesn't look great, I'll think of a new sprite as well as some new sprites for a couple of other items for example the jester quiver.

*Development update*
Added endless versions of all vanilla healing potions, currently doing research on mana potions. Also added an endless version of recall potions as I personally prefer them over the magic mirror. Please note that this version is not currently available for download as it still requires testing.

*Development update*
Added endless versions of all vanilla healing potions, currently doing research on mana potions. Also added an endless version of recall potions as I personally prefer them over the magic mirror. Please note that this version is not currently available for download as it still requires testing.
I'm guessing the hard part will be making them work with auto-use items.

Back
Top Bottom