tModLoader Infinity

the recent update of infinity includes calamity mod ammo support? because 2 or 3 pages behind they said that you have permisson to add calamity infinity ammo.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I ground slimes for an hour forgetting you could buy torches, and I finally got the endless flaming quiver, but I found out to my dismay that you are able to shoot yourself by firing straight down, or by running and shooting. Because I am using an RPG style terraria mod, my arrows do a thousand damage and one shot me whenever I fire. This doesn't happen with endless frostburn arrows. I can't film a video, but I will screenshot me shooting an arrow and taking 1000 damage.
EDIT: It also doesn't happen with standard flaming arrows, only endless ones.

I'm not sure what's going on, but I ground slimes for an hour forgetting you could buy torches, and I finally got the endless flaming quiver, but I found out to my dismay that you are able to shoot yourself by firing straight down, or by running and shooting. Because I am using an RPG style terraria mod, my arrows do a thousand damage and one shot me whenever I fire. This doesn't happen with endless frostburn arrows. I can't film a video, but I will screenshot me shooting an arrow and taking 1000 damage.
EDIT: It also doesn't happen with standard flaming arrows, only endless ones.
Get the version from the drive link on the original post, I haven't updated the mod browser version with the fix yet.

upload_2017-6-25_15-27-57.png

So I feel so stupid right now. I've been scouring this forum post to figure out why the infinite potions have a 60-minute duration. It never dawned on me until I was on the 12th page that they are infinite use, with the effect lasting 60 minutes. :confused:

Edit: Lolkat, would it be possible to make a infinite version of the Wormhole/Teleportation potions?

Last edited:
So I feel so stupid right now. I've been scouring this forum post to figure out why the infinite potions have a 60-minute duration. It never dawned on me until I was on the 12th page that they are infinite use, with the effect lasting 60 minutes. :confused:

Edit: Lolkat, would it be possible to make a infinite version of the Wormhole/Teleportation potions?
Most likely, yes.

Most likely, yes.
As I said before I don't think it will work due to how those potions are handled in-game but I will have a look at my decompiled terraria so I can investigate how to apply it to an endless version of those potion as they seem to be requested quite a bit. :)

As I said before I don't think it will work due to how those potions are handled in-game but I will have a look at my decompiled terraria so I can investigate how to apply it to an endless version of those potion as they seem to be requested quite a bit. :)
I wouldnt think they would be any different from normal potions? The normal potions are consumed to add a buff, the only difference is with the wormhole potions is you need to be on the map and select a player. but it still would consume a potion. Couldn't you use the same method as the other potions to make the wormhole and teleportation potions work? I know very little on coding and nothing about terraria modding so thats just my guess.

I wouldnt think they would be any different from normal potions? The normal potions are consumed to add a buff, the only difference is with the wormhole potions is you need to be on the map and select a player. but it still would consume a potion. Couldn't you use the same method as the other potions to make the wormhole and teleportation potions work? I know very little on coding and nothing about terraria modding so thats just my guess.
Well to give you an example of how the wormhole potions work. The game basically runs a check if you have wormhole potions in your inventory and if you do then it shows you your allies you can teleport to on the map and enables to click on them. This check runs on the player update script and is hardcoded to work with wormhole potions and to consume one when you use it. So unless there is a way to replicate this entire system with a different item and without the item consumption it wouldn't be possible. The wormhole potions work on a similar system but shouldn't be too hard to replicate as the teleport action is only used when actually using the item itself.
*EDIT*
I'm currently investigating on how to replicate these two systems, I think I have a way for the wormhole potions but it would only work when you actually hold the potions.

Well to give you an example of how the wormhole potions work. The game basically runs a check if you have wormhole potions in your inventory and if you do then it shows you your allies you can teleport to on the map and enables to click on them. This check runs on the player update script and is hardcoded to work with wormhole potions and to consume one when you use it. So unless there is a way to replicate this entire system with a different item and without the item consumption it wouldn't be possible. The wormhole potions work on a similar system but shouldn't be too hard to replicate as the teleport action is only used when actually using the item itself.
*EDIT*
I'm currently investigating on how to replicate these two systems, I think I have a way for the wormhole potions but it would only work when you actually hold the potions.
okay, I see what you're saying. I figured all the potion ran on the same type of scripting, never thought about the implications coming from using the map

okay, I see what you're saying. I figured all the potion ran on the same type of scripting, never thought about the implications coming from using the map
Today I've done quite a bit of testing, an endless version of the teleport potion has been successfully made I still haven't managed to get the wormhole potion working unfortunately :/

Back
Top Bottom