Is it just me or this game is DEAD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaeldras

Terrarian
Not even dying, just dead.
I mean, not only the forums (both this and terraria online) are pretty much inactive (considering how many copies terraria sold) but it is just IMPOSSIBLE to find an actually good server.
Let's say i wanted to play on an italian server: there is none.
I can barely find...15 active servers (mostly american), with active meaning with over 10 people online.
What the hell's happening?

I guess people are just getting bored of the game, mostly because of the frequency of updates (If you ask me). Huge updates are amazing, but you sacrifice being able to bring new content at a quick pace, and people waver from your game in this process. It's not that I dislike the way Terraria is updated, it just seems that that is the explanation for the activity of the Terraria community.

About the forum thing, the explanation for that is probably the new forums. I still see people posting on the old location and they might not like the fact that they have to switch forums, or they might just not know about the new forums.

However, I do believe we'll see a spike of both people on the forums and servers after the next update.

I guess people are just getting bored of the game, mostly because of the frequency of updates (If you ask me). Huge updates are amazing, but you sacrifice being able to bring new content at a quick pace, and people waver from your game in this process. It's not that I dislike the way Terraria is updated, it just seems that that is the explanation for the activity of the Terraria community.

About the forum thing, the explanation for that is probably the new forums. I still see people posting on the old location and they might not like the fact that they have to switch forums, or they might just not know about the new forums.

However, I do believe we'll see a spike of both people on the forums and servers after the next update.

I too predict an amazing amount of clutter on the forums once 1.3 rolls out

probably just you, if you look in the right places you can find thousands of servers with hundreds of people, and servers for every style. it just takes looking

How is EVERY POSSIBLE PLACE not the right place?
Thousands of servers with hundreds people? WHERE?!
Am i getting THAT blind? share a link of some sort

As cancan said, the long time between updates might be a logical explanation for the game 'being dead'. If it'd be dead, that is. Thanks to that, I'm 100% certain 1.3 will attract a lot of attention for the game and everything associated with it, just like 1.2 did.
The lack of active servers might be because you're not looking in the right places. I personally don't know where you should look, but I doubt that there's just 15 good servers active atm. About the forums being inactive... I just don't know what you're talking about at all. When compared to TO at its height, maybe yeah, but in general the forums are very active.
The game itself is not dead at all. As I said, there's probably a fair amount of servers to play on. The forums are active. They're still updating the game, and not planning to stop doing so anywhere in the near future.
TL;DR: It's probably just you.

As cancan said, the long time between updates might be a logical explanation for the game 'being dead'. If it'd be dead, that is. Thanks to that, I'm 100% certain 1.3 will attract a lot of attention for the game and everything associated with it, just like 1.2 did.
The lack of active servers might be because you're not looking in the right places. I personally don't know where you should look, but I doubt that there's just 15 good servers active atm. About the forums being inactive... I just don't know what you're talking about at all. When compared to TO at its height, maybe yeah, but in general the forums are very active.
The game itself is not dead at all. As I said, there's probably a fair amount of servers to play on. The forums are active. They're still updating the game, and not planning to stop doing so anywhere in the near future.
TL;DR: It's probably just you.

Probably, probably, probably...
I'm not dumb, i can use google.
I challenge you, find me MORE than 30 active servers or just a SINGLE server with over 70 people online.
You won't find any of the two, i can assure you that.
Besides i never said anything about good servers...there is none.
The most active server i managed to find is basically a chat.
Take a look, it IS like i said.

How is EVERY POSSIBLE PLACE not the right place?
Thousands of servers with hundreds people? WHERE?!
Am i getting THAT blind? share a link of some sort
well thousands of servers with hundreds of people was a gross exageration but most people host servers from their own computers and lots of people i know hate public servers. hosting a server is terribly easy and doesnt take much at all.

Probably, probably, probably...
I'm not dumb, i can use google.
I didn't say you were dumb.
I challenge you, find me MORE than 30 active servers or just a SINGLE server with over 70 people online.
You won't find any of the two, i can assure you that.
I won't do your work for you. Sorry, but you'll have to find them yourself.
Besides i never said anything about good servers...there is none.
The most active server i managed to find is basically a chat.
Take a look, it IS like i said.
Opinions differ, you know. I really liked this one back when I played on it: https://yamahi.eu/

This game is not dead, otherwise why are we all here and why are the team bothering to update this?

Question answered.

I didn't know the laws of physics prevented developers from updating a dead game...seriously?
And no, i'm not trying anything at all.
How long has it been since the last time you guys checked the server lists?

I didn't know the laws of physics prevented developers from updating a dead game...seriously?
And no, i'm not trying anything at all.
How long has it been since the last time you guys checked the server lists?
Laws of physics don't apply to server lists and developing a game.
A moment ago.
I'll go down another line to emphasize my point.
Point emphasized.

I didn't say you were dumb.

I won't do your work for you. Sorry, but you'll have to find them yourself.

Opinions differ, you know. I really liked this one back when I played on it: https://yamahi.eu/

(Sorry for doubleposting)

It's not like i'm not doing my work, it's just like that.
You don't even get to choose the kind of server you want to play in, since there are so few.
Ok, you might like those servers, but that doesn't change the fact that actual servers are not even a thing.
Sorry, but "i won't do your work for you" sounds like an excuse to me.

(Sorry for doubleposting)

It's not like i'm not doing my work, it's just like that.
You don't even get to choose the kind of server you want to play in, since there are so few.
Ok, you might like those servers, but that doesn't change the fact that actual servers are not even a thing.
Sorry, but "i won't do your work for you" sounds like an excuse to me.
There is a wide variety of servers, freebuild, pvp, survival, minigames. Define 'actual servers' because as far as I'm concerned, any online server is 'actual'.

Laws of physics don't apply to server lists and developing a game.
A moment ago.
I'll go down another line to emphasize my point.
Point emphasized.

It was a joke, come on.
And what would your point be? it doesn't make any sense, you can still update a game with not many players.
What i am trying to understand is why are you guys saying that there are plenty of servers when it's not true.
I wouldn't have trouble finding them otherwise.

It was a joke, come on.
And what would your point be? it doesn't make any sense, you can still update a game with not many players.
What i am trying to understand is why are you guys saying that there are plenty of servers when it's not true.
I wouldn't have trouble finding them otherwise.
Well I think it's due to the servers getting an hourly 'jump' or something, I honestly don't have a clue, and when they 'jump' they'll appear at the front. Obviously some servers haven't jumped therefore you can't find them. Then again, this might all be wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom