Is it possible to become a TCF moderator?

Ummmmm
Surreeeee :(
Hate to break it to ya, but you don't seem "fit" for the job. You should already know this. Plus, you don't seem to have a combination of both serious and fun.

I was about to say I though you had to be s moderator In-game to be a TCF moderator but then I realized this is Terraria ._.
Now back to the thread, I'm pretty sure applying is closed right now.

You have to be very active on the forums, on the good side of the dev team and moderator team, and also not be a douche.

Last time applications were open (iirc) were the start of this year, in response to 1.3 and otherworld being big. You'll likely see a post on the front page when they're next open.

As others have mentioned, applications are closed at the moment. Once applications open back up I'm sure there will be a public statement and everyone who wants to apply will be more than welcome to.

I was in another forum once. I've heard a LOT about being a moderator. It's tiring, boring etc. It's not like you get paid from being a moderator except maybe being paid in likes.

Eh, I just considered it since I for one, don't have a single warning yet, I treat a lot of people around here nicely, and have a lot of time.
But oh well, they're not opened.

Ummmmm
Surreeeee :(
Hate to break it to ya, but you don't seem "fit" for the job. You should already know this. Plus, you don't seem to have a combination of both serious and fun.

I wonder what makes you think you know what we are looking for in a moderator @WilliamD. :p Always better to encourage than to discourage, and if you must discourage, give constructive feedback on the issues so that they can work towards changing, rather than just saying "no". :)

But I think that might be better taken to PM, rather than a public dressing down of someone's strengths and weaknesses.

Eh, I just considered it since I for one, don't have a single warning yet, I treat a lot of people around here nicely, and have a lot of time.
But oh well, they're not opened.
Same for me, I wouldn't mind being a moderator, except I'm sure there's a lot of work to do. :dryadtongue:

Well said, @Leinfors . It appears most constructive criticism is just borderline basic, and nobody really offers any suggestions in improving or legitimate justification to their reasoning.

Back when we held the last batch, it took me several hours to write up the constructive feedback we gave out to those who requested it. It can be a very time consuming task, but I think its worth it!

Back when we held the last batch, it took me several hours to write up the constructive feedback we gave out to those who requested it. It can be a very time consuming task, but I think its worth it!

That's perfectly right. As long as it gets the point out there and justifies those reasons, it's OK in my books. Of course, giving recommendations always works, too.

And a little note to those wanting to become a moderator: I know most people think being a moderator is all fun and games. Well, it isn't. Some people see it as a social ladder to get a particular status that therefore makes them "cool". Moderation is tough business. I've only been a moderator on one occassion, and I'd hardly like to relive that situation. Sure, you can help support the game and enforce rules, but there's nothing overly exciting that you should assume will happen.

Back
Top Bottom