Resolved Is there any way to get Terraria working without admin rights? (WINDOWS 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need admin rights to run it on your computer? That shouldn't happen...

What version do you have? A Steam version or a GOG version?

You need admin privileges to install the .NET Framework and XNA Redist used by Terraria. After that you can just play without admin privileges.
Nothing you can do about it.

I have the steam version, would it work if I purchase the GOG version?

Both install the .NET Framework so both would require admin privileges to install.

As previously mentioned, after installing Terraria shouldn't ask for admin rights to run.

I know a way to play Terraria without installing xna framework! ( or anything else :D ) Works on school laptops and stuff :)

<link removed by staff>

Unpack it.
Copy all the dll's to the terraria directory, usually somewhere is steam apps folder i think.
done.

You need .net, but i think this is auto installed in the latest windows, if you don't know how to do things , google knows everything.

Last edited by a moderator:
I know a way to play Terraria without installing xna framework! ( or anything else :D ) Works on school laptops and stuff :)

<link removed by staff>

Unpack it.
Copy all the dll's to the terraria directory, usually somewhere is steam apps folder i think.
done.

You need .net, but i think this is auto installed in the latest windows, if you don't know how to do things , google knows everything.
Please do not post links to pirated versions of the game. Thanks.

http://forums.terraria.org/index.ph...culture-please-read.53/#rulesPiracyAndModding

---------

Since the original issue for this thread seems to have been resolved, I will lock it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom