PC Item 3,000!

Status
Not open for further replies.
1000 items -> 3000 items. EXPONENTIAL GROWTH. Really excited about that alchemy table. For some reason, it's always been a pain in the [BOOTAY] for me to get Dayblooms. I'm glad I'll at least get to conserve them.

That alchemy table looks pretty cool! Saving ingredients will be very useful. I'm just wondering if it could do a bit more than that though. Like maybe it could allow you to make upgraded versions of other potions. Or maybe you could combine two potions to make a whole new one! Kind of like a tinkerer's workshop for potions. Just some ideas.

Can't wait for expert mode! That's gonna add a whole lot of replayability to Terraria. Awesome stuff. I'm really looking forward to 1.3!

Nice! Expert mode ought to make things more interesting, especially if it's complete with new Boss AI.

As for the alchemy station, I almost wonder if it should make potions more potent, by means of either duration or effect, rather than making a 1/3 chance to not consume ingredients.

As many of you know we just hit item 3,000 for the upcoming 1.3 PC update! At this time we still do not have an expected release date but I will tell you a little bit about what we are working on...

View attachment 3878
Item 3,000:
The Alchemy Table. When you craft potions at the Alchemy table each item in the recipe has a 1 in 3 chance to not be consumed. This item is new and still being tested so it is subject to change.

Red's new secret project:
Red has been working on a new game mode currently being called "Expert Mode". In expert mode the games difficulty has been greatly increased. Players will face old monsters with new ai, bosses with new ai and mechanics, and much more with greater rewards for their efforts.

Release Date:

Many of you have been asking when the update will be released. Simple put...When it is done. I do not want to give the team an imaginary release date to strive for to add unnecessary stress to the job. We want this update to be amazing and feel 100% complete and for those reasons we are going to take our time.

Beta Testers:
Thank you to everyone who expressed interests in being beta testers, you guys are awesome and we appreciate your passion for the game. At this time we are full on testers, in the event that I feel we need more I will be contacting those of you who have already submitted your requests. My apologies for not being able to respond to everyone...my inbox/email is a bit out of control right now.[/QUOT

How many beta testers are there currently because I would love to get in on the action I just would need more info.
Mac edition sounds worth testing cause I currently have a separate computer for Terraria and I would invest my time testing
Terraria for mac. I don't know how beta testing works as in money wise or how you get the software but I would
like to if possible beta test.

the text got messed up here

Can't wait for 1.3, and that sick robe! :u
Expert Mode sounds pretty fun too, can't wait to try that out!

\o/ Yes cool new alchemy station!!!
I remember seeing someone making a thread about adding some new alchemy stations and what each of them would do. I suggested to have one make potions have longer durations, another have increased effects, and the last one makes 2 or 3 potions with the ingredients for one. You would just need the bottles for the extra 2 or 3. He liked the idea and changed the thread to include my suggestion. It would be great to have more alchemy equipment and tables to decorate a room in your house. But I guess one that has a 1/3 chance of not consuming ingredients is okay too.

Alchemy tables, Expert mode, and beta testers, oh my!
There is literally only one thing I can say about this...
Shut-up-and-take-my-money.jpg

Sorry if it was mentioned in an early page, but I wanted to know if Expert Mode would function as its own thing, or if it'd be a -core above hardcore. While I do like the idea of higher difficulty, I hated the item drop of Mediumcore, and I also hate perma-death. So I'd like the ability to use both soft-core and Expert Mode if possible.

So now we have a hardmode that is actually a difficulty setting, and not a new stage of the game? Or is it just like a "Super-hardmode" that happens after hardmode when you defeat the "Super-Wall-of-Flesh?" Not expecting/wanting any answers, just speculating. BTW, I do hope it is the prior of the two.

Alchemy Table:
Neat, though I don't spend much time making potions.

Expert Mode:
I'm very glad to see actual difficulty modes implemented into the game, except for one thing: "greater rewards for their efforts." If that means more powerful items than you could get otherwise, or items with functions you can't otherwise get... please, don't do that. Difficulty levels are meant so people can play at their own speed and skill level. Adding desirable items to the higher levels encourages people to go out of their league, and basically puts us back to the same issue of "Average players wanting to experience the full game, vs elite players who demand challenge." Furthermore, giving the best items to the players who were looking for the biggest challenge kind of defeats the purpose.

Ooh. Expert mode?

I'm interested.

Also good to hear you'll contact everyone who's requested to beta test. (I'm probably not going to get to, lol)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom