Weapons & Equip Items that could use a resprite

Honestly, i'm a big fan of all except the corruption ones.
Why?
I feel as if that purplish-putrid brown colour is meant to be the general colour of the Corruption creatures. Yes, it doesn't fit into the purple of the corruption, but it has a tint of purple that makes it look right.
yours look flimsy, and have exaggerated the front mouth part to an extreme. The old ones look bulky. Also, the eyes are far too wide, and it just looks weird and dis-proportioned. The scaling's all wrong, IMO. The mouth should be smaller, and it should be fatter. After all, it has "eater" it it's name.
The Eater of Worlds also fits in with the general theme set by the Eaters of souls. The new one has the eyes far too wide, and it doesn't give off the "putrid" feeling I think the Corruption enemies were meant to give off.
The crimson mobs don't look comical, they look very similar to the art-style shown in the Corruption.

It looks much less vibrant now. :)
And just because corruption monsters are that color doesn't mean they need to be changed. The corruption isn't supposed to be extravagant. It's supposed to be dull and ugly.
Not necessarily, the corruption is supposed to feel more like a mutated wasteland, and I think Scarecrow's sprites fit in with that wasteland feeling. Dull and ugly is boring to look at, a bit more color and pizzazz to the corruption wouldn't hurt it.

Honestly, i'm a big fan of all except the corruption ones.
Why?
I feel as if that purplish-putrid brown colour is meant to be the general colour of the Corruption creatures. Yes, it doesn't fit into the purple of the corruption, but it has a tint of purple that makes it look right.
yours look flimsy, and have exaggerated the front mouth part to an extreme. The old ones look bulky. Also, the eyes are far too wide, and it just looks weird and dis-proportioned. The scaling's all wrong, IMO. The mouth should be smaller, and it should be fatter. After all, it has "eater" it it's name.
The Eater of Worlds also fits in with the general theme set by the Eaters of souls. The new one has the eyes far too wide, and it doesn't give off the "putrid" feeling I think the Corruption enemies were meant to give off.
The crimson mobs don't look comical, they look very similar to the art-style shown in the Corruption.

take a quick big look at his resprites of the corruption.

take a quick big look at his resprites of the corruption.
I have, and I came to that conclusion.
I don't feel having purple enemies fits.
And they look really thin and flimsy.
And extremely disproportionate.
It looks like someone squeezed the back.
The reason the Crimson gets away with it is cause it's theme is flesh/meat, and meat tends to be a red. That, and the biome's name is crimson.
The corruption should look rotten and withered, which it pulls off perfectly as is.
The old sprites, IMO, fit in with the new ones laid out in 1.3.
Granted, there are some that need to be changed.
Just not these.

I like the Eater of Souls & Devourer sprites, but the Corruptor seems busy. There are so many things that it wants you to pay attention to that it's kind of overwhelming.

I'm also not sure where this "isn't putrid enough" argument is coming from either.

the corruption enemies don't really look putrid to begin with.

I'm also not sure where this "isn't putrid enough" argument is coming from either.

the corruption enemies don't really look putrid to begin with.
The brown they use looks rotten and kinda horrid.
Yours completely remove this by making them purple.
The rotten chunks would need to follow suit with some kind of rename and resprite.

I'm honestly not seeing the argument that the corruption enemies don't fit with the corruption.

The corruption itself is supposed to be, again, a dead wasteland, where the enemies eat away at the world of purity to spread more of their own, hence "Corruption." I personally feel the exaggeration of the mouths was a nice touch, since they're supposed to be enemies that eat the world. And the brownish flesh that are the enemies of the corruption does not look good with the purple world, and rather than give off a vibe of dread, just look like blobs of invading brown. Something else worth mentioning is that the Crimson enemies are all mostly red. The corruption enemies are mostly brown. That makes no sense, TBH.

The new sprites look like they fit much better with the environment that's presented, and look rotten enough to me, at least.

The brown they use looks rotten and kinda horrid.
Yours completely remove this by making them purple.
The rotten chunks would need to follow suit with some kind of rename and resprite.
-the brown makes them look like living feces, which is honestly more funny than gross.
even then, on countless occasions, purple is used as a rotting flesh color
-the corruption is purple, I don't see how it fits less if the enemies are purple.
-no they wouldn't, they would just need to be purple.

-the brown makes them look like living feces, which is honestly more funny than gross.
even then, on countless occasions, purple is used as a rotting flesh color
-the corruption is purple, I don't see how it fits less if the enemies are purple.
-no they wouldn't, they would just need to be purple.
-Brown is often seen as a rotting colour. I have never seen purple used as a rotting flesh colour.
-bear in mind that the corruption also represents rotten-ness.
-Purple is not a rotting colour. Particularly the colour used in the corruption. That's more of a dark purple than a rotten one. If you want a "rotten purple", you need to make it a bit yellow-y.

-Brown is often seen as a rotting colour. I have never seen purple used as a rotting flesh colour.
-bear in mind that the corruption also represents rotten-ness.
-Purple is not a rotting colour. Particularly the colour used in the corruption. That's more of a dark purple than a rotten one. If you want a "rotten purple", you need to make it a bit yellow-y.
I suppose I can make the corrupter and eater of souls a bit more yellow-ish

but I want to keep the eater of worlds purple. because it drops shadow scales.

I suppose I can make the corrupter and eater of souls a bit more yellow-ish

but I want to keep the eater of worlds purple. because it drops shadow scales.
Your sprite doesn't look scaly, though. It always seemed illogical having it drop purple scales, but this is only a nudge in the right direction.

Also, the proportions feel a bit off. It's like someone's pinched it at the back and it's all gone to the front.

I like the Razorblade Typhoon resprite; am indifferent about the others except the Eaters. Those completely flip with the color scheme, and they look more retro/weird.

Your sprite doesn't look scaly, though. It always seemed illogical having it drop purple scales, but this is only a nudge in the right direction.

Also, the proportions feel a bit off. It's like someone's pinched it at the back and it's all gone to the front.
that's pretty much how they always have been...
I just made the mandibles bigger, and wider. Actually for the same impression that @Magic Sponge pointed out.

I also replaced most of the back of the corruptor with a feathery tail like appendage.

that's pretty much how they always have been...
I just made the mandibles bigger, and wider. Actually for the same impression that @Magic Sponge pointed out.

I also replaced most of the back of the corruptor with a feathery tail like appendage.
The bigger mandibles throw off all the scaling, though.
If you haven't changed it, then changing the mandibles must have made some huge impact. The mandibles are about the size of the body itself.
It looks silly. And not threatening.

I'm not sure how I like it.
It's a bit myeh for me.

The bigger mandibles throw off all the scaling, though.
If you haven't changed it, then changing the mandibles must have made some huge impact. The mandibles are about the size of the body itself.
It looks silly. And not threatening.

I'm not sure how I like it.
It's a bit myeh for me.
bigger teeth + more teeth = looks less threatening = what?

I like the Razorblade Typhoon resprite; am indifferent about the others except the Eaters. Those completely flip with the color scheme, and they look more retro/weird.
okay that's another thing I see
what does "retro" mean? of course its gonna look retro, the game already is retro.

Back
Top Bottom