tModLoader Ivysaur's level system - With classes

What would you be most excited to be added to this mod?

• Some unique items

Votes: 5 31.3%
  • More multiplayer compatability

Votes: 3 18.8%
  • Subclasses

Votes: 9 56.3%
  • Skills

Votes: 8 50.0%
  • Unique quests and a new NPC at best

Votes: 2 12.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
They are considered mobs, they have 1 HP. It's quirky, but is not strictly a bug.
I am aware of that, simply wasn't sure if them giving xp was a bug, or just, as you said, quirky. Figured I'd report it anyways, since perhaps it wasn't intended and slipped their mind, and if it isn't deemed an issue, it can be ignored. When bug testing, I find reporting anything that might be a bug to be the best course of action.

Last edited:
Hi there ivysaur, I recently tried your mod and I think it's really good, the concept is great and holds a lot of potential, However, I've experienced a large bug within the mod, Now this might be just my computer, but I'd like to report it anyway.
~So my problem is, I have had this mod for around 3 days and wanted to get this out asap, Upon installation, Regardless of what version,(World or Character) I was trying it out on a couple of bossed on my "best" Character, everything was working fine, I was getting levels, and getting more damage on the weapons in class I chose. However, upon loading a different character in a different world, I couldn't change class and when I hit my first enemy, I grew to the level my other character was on, Which, I might add, was quite high, So that making me Very overpowered in an early game world, which makes me sad, because this mod is Really Cool.

I hope you see my message and manage to get around to this, if it is a bug.(and not my potato)
Thanks for reading, I'll make sure to add to this if I forgot anything. :)
Kind regards -L0ST <3

(forgot to say, OS is Windows 10, The class I chose was Ninja, (originally, but I uninstalled and chose Ranger after) And My Mod version is: 2.0.4)
I can second this, I'm getting it too. Shame, I wanted to try out the other classes, but seems that will be somewhat difficult. Since fixing this would probably require overhauling how levels are stored, might I ask for a command to give xp and/or levels, so that people at a high level before the update can easily re-add all their levels? Also is useful when swapping from the version that saves to the world to the version that saves to the player, and vice versa. Just my 2 cents in that regard.

Hi there ivysaur, I recently tried your mod and I think it's really good, the concept is great and holds a lot of potential, However, I've experienced a large bug within the mod, Now this might be just my computer, but I'd like to report it anyway.
~So my problem is, I have had this mod for around 3 days and wanted to get this out asap, Upon installation, Regardless of what version,(World or Character) I was trying it out on a couple of bossed on my "best" Character, everything was working fine, I was getting levels, and getting more damage on the weapons in class I chose. However, upon loading a different character in a different world, I couldn't change class and when I hit my first enemy, I grew to the level my other character was on, Which, I might add, was quite high, So that making me Very overpowered in an early game world, which makes me sad, because this mod is Really Cool.

I hope you see my message and manage to get around to this, if it is a bug.(and not my potato)
Thanks for reading, I'll make sure to add to this if I forgot anything. :)
Kind regards -L0ST <3

(forgot to say, OS is Windows 10, The class I chose was Ninja, (originally, but I uninstalled and chose Ranger after) And My Mod version is: 2.0.4)

That's not a bug, you have the version of the mod that saves the data into the world, meaning your levels and xp will be shared across characters in the same world.
If that bugs you, there is a download link for a modified version in the main post, though you will lose all your progress if you change the mod versions.

That's not a bug, you have the version of the mod that saves the data into the world, meaning your levels and xp will be shared across characters in the same world.
If that bugs you, there is a download link for a modified version in the main post, though you will lose all your progress if you change the mod versions.
I did get the version for the Character, and I stated in my message that this was happening for both versions. :gslime:

That's quite alright. We all make mistakes. :) I hope you can get it out asap. :merchantgrin:

I've looked into it and everything seemed alright. To make sure i don't oversee anything i tried to see if the bug works on my side.
I haven't been able to replicate the bug, so it is probably on your end.
Are there other mods that you have active?
What versions of the mod, Terraria and tmodloader are you using?
If you use /WipeClean does it also reset the stats of the other characters aswell?

I've looked into it and everything seemed alright. To make sure i don't oversee anything i tried to see if the bug works on my side.
I haven't been able to replicate the bug, so it is probably on your end.
Are there other mods that you have active?
What versions of the mod, Terraria and tmodloader are you using?
If you use /WipeClean does it also reset the stats of the other characters aswell?
I have at least 20 other mods, however, I don't see how they could interfere, I'll list them anyway.

So as you can see here, I just killed a very strong enemy and gained around 40 levels from level 0, which is normal (Screenshot: http://prntscr.com/cpctbr)
Now I've gone on another character in a different world. And I tried to chose the Mage class, http://prntscr.com/cpcuov.
And then when I killed a Slime, I went to level 15, which is weird because my other character was at level 40 or so, and this one hadn't been on before.

As for the mod version: http://prntscr.com/cpcvkq
And as for /WipeClean It cleared the mages 40 levels, then I went to the Warrior again, killed a slime and got 15 levels, killed another enemy and got 57 levels, went onto the mage and got 57 levels.
And finally my versions are: http://prntscr.com/cpczi6

-L0ST

Hmm, I'm also experiencing the problem of multiple characters sharing their class and levels, despite using the player-saved version. As for mods, I have the following:

Boss Health Bars
Calamity
Cheat Sheet
Crystilium
Dart Expansion
EnemyMods (prefixes for enemies)
Fargowiltas (Fargo's Mutant Mod)
HERO's Mod
imkSushi's Mod
imkSushi's Naturally Occurring Moons
Infinity
ItemTronics
Ivysaur Level System Player
Lighthack
Loot
Lucky Finish
Max Stack Plus
MultiLure
Player Health Bar
Pumpking's Mod
Quality of Life Standard
Terranova
Thorium Mod
Tremor
Wireless
Worldgen Previewer

For sake of convenience, I went ahead and made a list of common mods between the two of us, to maybe narrow down culprits, if it is cross-mod interaction.

Boss Health Bars
Calamity
Cheat Sheet (a recent addition on my end, I experienced the issue before it)
Crystilium
HERO's mod
imkSushi's Mod
Infinity
Ivysaur's Level System (obviously)
Lighthack (this was also a recent addition, but hey, I like to be thorough)
Loot
Max Stack Plus
Player Health Bar
Terranova
Thorium mod
Tremor
Worldgen Previewer

I can provide more information if need be, feel free to ask. So far, though, everything Lost has said about the bug seems to be the same on my end. Trying to choose a class with a new character spams the chat with "You can't change your class" and killing a mob with them then gives them the 200+ levels my ranger has (I kill lots of things xD) making them really overpowered, though that is less bothersome to me than not being able to try different classes.

Hmm, I'm also experiencing the problem of multiple characters sharing their class and levels, despite using the player-saved version. As for mods, I have the following:

Boss Health Bars
Calamity
Cheat Sheet
Crystilium
Dart Expansion
EnemyMods (prefixes for enemies)
Fargowiltas (Fargo's Mutant Mod)
HERO's Mod
imkSushi's Mod
imkSushi's Naturally Occurring Moons
Infinity
ItemTronics
Ivysaur Level System Player
Lighthack
Loot
Lucky Finish
Max Stack Plus
MultiLure
Player Health Bar
Pumpking's Mod
Quality of Life Standard
Terranova
Thorium Mod
Tremor
Wireless
Worldgen Previewer

For sake of convenience, I went ahead and made a list of common mods between the two of us, to maybe narrow down culprits, if it is cross-mod interaction.

Boss Health Bars
Calamity
Cheat Sheet (a recent addition on my end, I experienced the issue before it)
Crystilium
HERO's mod
imkSushi's Mod
Infinity
Ivysaur's Level System (obviously)
Lighthack (this was also a recent addition, but hey, I like to be thorough)
Loot
Max Stack Plus
Player Health Bar
Terranova
Thorium mod
Tremor
Worldgen Previewer

I can provide more information if need be, feel free to ask. So far, though, everything Lost has said about the bug seems to be the same on my end. Trying to choose a class with a new character spams the chat with "You can't change your class" and killing a mob with them then gives them the 200+ levels my ranger has (I kill lots of things xD) making them really overpowered, though that is less bothersome to me than not being able to try different classes.
Mhm. It's funny how many of the same mods we have! XD
But yeah, it's kind of a shame, I really hope this gets fixed. :)

Mhm. It's funny how many of the same mods we have! XD
But yeah, it's kind of a shame, I really hope this gets fixed. :)
As do I. That being said, I'm getting a bit more of an issue: wipe clean is not resetting stats properly. I decided to just write down how many levels my ranger has and then /WipeClean and try a summoner, however, the summoner still retains stat boost. I can change them to the ones for a summoner, and it will give me bonus minions, health, defense, and such, say I'm level 0, and need 40 xp, but I'll have over 450 hp, despite the character being brand-spanking new. I'm starting to think the problem might be with the fact that we have tried both versions, the world-saving and the player-saving, and as such, the same data is in multiple places, and /WipeClean only affects the version it expects to exist. Meaning we're kinda having multiple instances of the data being saved. It's just my crazy theory, but I'd be interested to know what the possibility of that being the cause is.

I'm going to try deleting all the worlds and characters I have, aside from the summoner, and see what results that gives.

Edit: Hmm, despite deleting every character and world I have, I still get the "you can't change your class" message when trying to use a token with a character made after all the worlds and characters were deleted.... this is odd... where is it saving this data? because if its saved to the world, all the worlds are gone, so it should be too, but if its saved to the player, all the players are gone, which means its in a different location than either of them.

Interesting, there's still a file named for each world in the world folder despite deleting them, interesting. Is that where its saved? Let's see what happens if I remove those, too.

Edit 2: nope, data still exists somewhere. "can't change your class." Interesting. No idea where the data is stored, but I can't seem to get rid of it.

Edit 3: last thing I'm trying is deleting the entire modloader directory and doing it again. if that doesn't work, I'm at a loss as to where this data is stored.

Last edited:
Try uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it? Go into the mod folder and just nuke any trace of the mod, then download it from the browser again.

Try uninstalling the mod and reinstalling it? Go into the mod folder and just nuke any trace of the mod, then download it from the browser again.
Exactly my current endeavor.

Edit: and it did work, though I'd prefer for it to take a bit less work to reset stats xD

On a side note: when choosing summoner, the message it gave was "You've chosen to call on armees, their loyalty and constitution strengthens them." just thought I'd point out the typo of "armies".

Edit 2: hmm, I thought I'd check to see if a different world with a different character would let me do a different run, but, alas, the same issue has presented itself. Since the exact same group of mods resulted in the exact same effect, despite not having tried to use the player-saving version, it, for one, makes my previous idea clearly wrong, and second, it means it most likely is a cross-mod interaction. the only mod I have that directly affects the player in any way is the player health bar, so I'll try removing that and seeing if the problem continues.

Edit 3: unsurprisingly, that was not the culprit, but I'm not feeling up to checking one by one right now, so I'll leave that to another day.

Last edited:
Everyone who has problems with reseting their Stats or having their progress saved incorrectly.

Make sure that you are using EXACTLY Version 2.0.4
If not, then redownload the Mod from scratch from the Mod browser

Last edited:
hey, it says stats are per world, does that mean anyone who joins that world gets those stats, and if i go to another world i lose them, if so, can you change this, every player i make i give 2 worlds, one corrupt, and one crimson, this will make me seriously nerfed in one of them, but give me bonuses in the other, can you please change this

hey, it says stats are per world, does that mean anyone who joins that world gets those stats, and if i go to another world i lose them, if so, can you change this, every player i make i give 2 worlds, one corrupt, and one crimson, this will make me seriously nerfed in one of them, but give me bonuses in the other, can you please change this

You can try the modified version downloadable from the main post.

Last edited:
OK, So the glitch still occurs sadly. So I'm going to try help.
So when I'm coding vanilla mods for Minecraft, AKA Command blocks, I sometimes find myself in a struggle, and finding more and more bugs, and sometimes I find bugs which only happen once, and then never happen, and some which are just oversights, Let's take this perspective and look at your mod,
I have found quite a few bugs which happen, such as some vanilla things getting bugged, not being able to change class etc. I found a lot more but I can't remember them, So this usually happens when I'm working with command blocks, which are basically the in-game, vanilla form of the mod, normally when I'm in this situation,
I take what I had, and totally restart it, most of the time it ends up better. So here's my idea, just restart the entire thing, Remake the mod, I assure you it will be 100x better. I hope you take my suggestion into consideration, because this mod is really cool, and it will be a shame to let it go to waste. <3
Kind regards
-L0ST

Back
Top Bottom