Journey's End 1.4.4: Balance Feedback and Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it would help summoners if certian armour sets make minions inflict debuffs, the reason for this is that most minions don't inflict any debuffs except for imp, hornet, spider, pygmy, stardust cell and a couple of sentries and that most summoner armour and accessories only increase minion capacity and damage.

What im asking for is that if the user has a set of spider armour for example, it would make the imp staff or any other summon that doesnt already inflict venom, not just its current debuff (On Fire!) but venom along with it giving summoner armour sets something else instead of just increased dmg and slots.

The armours that i think would make sense to get this change (and not make them overpowered at the same time) would be:

Bee armour - Inflicts Poison
Spider and tiki - Inflict Venom
Huntress and red riding - Inflict Oiled
Shinobi and monk - Inflict Electrified

I have ideas for other ways minions can inflict debuffs (For example : Necromantic scroll and its upgrade would inflict shadowflame, to compensate for the goblin "summoner" not dropping a summoner weapon that inflicts shadow flame) but this will only be tackling armour sets for now.

I think it would help summoners if certian armour sets make minions inflict debuffs, the reason for this is that most minions don't inflict any debuffs except for imp, hornet, spider, pygmy, stardust cell and a couple of sentries and that most summoner armour and accessories only increase minion capacity and damage.

What im asking for is that if the user has a set of spider armour for example, it would make the imp staff or any other summon that doesnt already inflict venom, not just its current debuff (On Fire!) but venom along with it giving summoner armour sets something else instead of just increased dmg and slots.

The armours that i think would make sense to get this change (and not make them overpowered at the same time) would be:

I have ideas for other ways minions can inflict debuffs (For example : Necromantic scroll and its upgrade would inflict shadowflame, to compensate for the goblin "summoner" not dropping a summoner weapon that inflicts shadow flame) but this will only be tackling armour sets for now.

Minions do need a more reliable way to inflict debuffs onto enemies, but a cleaner and more consistent option in my opinion would be for whips to recieve Flask benefits. This way, summoners could choose the debuffs they inflict in a more consistent manner, without having to poorly pair accessories or armor to gain x or y debuff, as well as allowing debuffs like Ichor that wouldn’t be available otherwise.

You’re right though, summoners do need better methods of inflicting debuffs, and summon armors should have more unique bonuses than just damage and extra minions like every other class.

Minions do need a more reliable way to inflict debuffs onto enemies, but a cleaner and more consistent option in my opinion would be for whips to recieve Flask benefits. This way, summoners could choose the debuffs they inflict in a more consistent manner, without having to poorly pair accessories or armor to gain x or y debuff, as well as allowing debuffs like Ichor that wouldn’t be available otherwise.

You’re right though, summoners do need better methods of inflicting debuffs, and summon armors should have more unique bonuses than just damage and extra minions like every other class.
Yes summoners need a way to inflict rebuffs, but using flasks to whips, wouldn’t only effect the whip if it’s to summon damage, you would have to do some coding to make 2 different summon damage types in order for the minions to not inflict the rebuff if I’m thinking right... hmmm

I like your suggestion to whips no doubt as it offers summoners a bit more options rather than just a couple of summons at every stage of the game and this could also be a way for summoners to inflict ichor without the devs having a mental breakdown to add this, they could simply add whips to the list of items that are affected by flasks.

My idea was to tackle summoner armour sets to give them other useful alternatives instead of for example increasing damage by 5% on spider breastplate and call that a buff.

Yes summoners need a way to inflict rebuffs, but using flasks to whips, wouldn’t only effect the whip if it’s to summon damage, you would have to do some coding to make 2 different summon damage types in order for the minions to not inflict the rebuff if I’m thinking right... hmmm
I like your suggestion to whips no doubt as it offers summoners a bit more options rather than just a couple of summons at every stage of the game and this could also be a way for summoners to inflict ichor without the devs having a mental breakdown to add this, they could simply add whips to the list of items that are affected by flasks.

My idea was to tackle summoner armour sets to give them other useful alternatives instead of for example increasing damage by 5% on spider breastplate and call that a buff.
Urgh, do I have to explain this again? For ichor, you can whip up a Golden Shower and spray it at the enemies then switch to your primary.
For any of those other debuffs... why would you want DoT debuffs that much?
And Oiled... It's just...

Urgh, do I have to explain this again? For ichor, you can whip up a Golden Shower and spray it at the enemies then switch to your primary.
...................... ummm we just really explained we need a way for summoners ONLY, yeah no other damage, we even explained this earlier....

The issue comes from the fact that Summoner is missing a lot of things that are clear-cut for other classes. Melee has Flasks, Ranged has debuff ammo, Mage has associated weapons. As it stands, every other class has a way to inflict their debuffs without crossing class boundaries, but not Summoners.

I don’t see the reason to go off on the hook for a suggestion or accuse us of starting an argument, it’s just a cut difference of opinion on playstyle, not something worthy of arguing over and definitely not something worthy of snitching to Leinfors over.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom