• PC NEWS: 1.4.2.3 update is out! More info here. Report bugs here
  • Journey's End on Xbox and PlayStation!: Get all the info by clicking here. As of Oct 19 a new patch has been released. Click here for Known Issues and FAQ. For any other bugs, report them (with as much detail as possible) here.
  • MOBILE NEWS: Stay up to date with the latest mobile news here. Report mobile bugs here

Journey's End on XBox and PlayStation - Known Issues and FAQ

Status
Not open for further replies.

Unit One

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
1633544002278.png

divid.png

Greetings Terrarians, the development team at DR Studios are hard at work squashing bugs for the Journey's End update on Xbox and PlayStation. To keep you updated, here are the bugs that have already been fixed, known issues that will continue to be worked on, and frequently asked questions:

FIXED (Oct 19 - Release v1.4.0.5.4.4, Build 765)
  • "Classic" scheme has been changed to be the closest match Red's Pick from the Console 1.3 Era (though it retains the ability to remap/add all of the new functions available with 1.4)
  • D-Pad Cursor Snap feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding dpad to Grid Snap (see video below)
  • D-Pad Hotbar feature from RL/PW can be achieved by binding the four dpad directions to Dynamic Hotbar 1-4 (see video below)
  • Grapple is now bound to B again, along with Interact - Interact may be bound to whatever button players have assigned for Secondary Fire or Grapple, but not any others in order to avoid numerous conflicts and edge case issues.
  • Fixed an issue where the system was wrongly capping the maximum number of worlds at 10, but the UI was not recognizing this cap. The world/map cap is now 30 as originally intended, and the UI will enforce this (no New button if you have 30 or more worlds)
  • Fixed an issue with not being able to add more offline players to splitscreen on PS4
  • Fixed the mouse scroll wheel issues on PS4 and Xbox
  • Fixed lag spikes caused by the growth of Pumpkins
  • Fixed Player 2+ in split screen not being able to see the Traveling Merchant's wares
  • Fixed Thunderstorms in splitscreen causing blocks to become invisible
  • Fixed time being frozen in non-journey worlds when joining a MP session from the tutorial
  • Fixed the Angler's quests not being updated for Clients in a MP session
  • Fixed treasure bags only being dropped for one person in MP or Split screen
  • Fixed Dungeon Casters and other Projectile weapons' VFX not showing in the left hand side of the world
  • Fixed Geodes not being able to be thrown on the ground to open them

Check out the video below to see how the evolved versions of Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap work in 1.4!

With this evolved version of these long-standing features, you can now do things that you could not do previously:
- Dpad Hotbar can now be mapped to 0-4 buttons. Previously, this was an all-or-nothing feature.
- Dpad Snap can now be mapped separately (LB+Dpad) in the video - so that players can now use Dpad Hotbar and Dpad Snap at the same time.

By Default in Classic controls, Dpad Snap is on and no Dpad Hotbar buttons are mapped, we leave this up to you, the player.

FIXED (Oct 7 - Release v1.4.0.5.4.3, Build 759)
  • Fixed autosave bug
  • Fixed the black screen sync bug
  • Fixed a crash when fighting Empress of Light
  • Fixed a crash after long play times
  • Fixed a crash in very old world saves
  • Fixed hotbar navigation affecting player movement
  • Fixed housing query controller bindings (Players will have to go into settings and rechoose from Classic, Advanced or Simplified again or bind the Housing Query setting)
  • Fixed research not consuming the held item stack
  • Fixed mouse conflicting in split screen pause menu
  • Fixed PS4 offscreen mouse cursor
  • Fixed PS4 trophy for Empress of Light
  • Added shoulder combo hint on screen
  • Added more controller bindings on screen
  • Added safe region settings in game
  • Added support for PS4 touchpad button

FIXED (Oct 1 - Release v1.4.0.5.4.2)
  • Fixed sync bug on Xbox

KNOWN ISSUES THAT WILL BE WORKED ON
(In no particular order):
  • Map progress for Player 2 resetting if the character is favorited
  • Player 2 is not damaged by enemy projectiles
  • Keyboard+mouse missing some functionality (favoriting, quick trash, picking up full stacks of duplicated items)
  • Backgrounds/Environmental effects can be wonky in multiplayer (ex: player 2 has sandstorm effect but is no longer in desert)
  • Multiplayer issues in connection with joining online friends
  • Looking at adding a sensitivity slider for mouse

divid.png

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS

Will we get Mods?

-Modding is not currently possible on Console. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

Will we get Texture Packs?
-Like Mods on console, Texture Packs are not currently possible on Console. This is something the team will explore as we move forward - but we cannot currently make any promises one way or the other.

Can I crossplay with players on other consoles, on PC, or on mobile?
-Crossplay is currently not supported for Terraria - this is a feature that the team plans to explore once all active platforms are at content parity. We cannot promise whether or not we will succeed in this effort nor what form it will take, but we will attempt to make it a reality.

Can I play Splitscreen+Online multiplayer?
-Splitscreen + Online (in combination) multiplayer is not currently supported - this will be explored at a later update, as we did not want to delay the launch to chase the many edge case issues this specific situation creates.

My Keyboard won't show the Chroma/RGB effects.
-Chroma/RGB Effects are not currently supported on Console.

Can I upload my old world from Xbox 360?
-No, sorry, old cloud saves aren't compatible, we only use Xbox One cloud data.

Can I play 3 or 4 player splitscreen on PS4?
-This should be supported, but we are aware of some issues that players on PS4/5 are encountering. The team is looking into this. Updated Oct 19 - the new patch should fix this. If you are still having issues, please report.

The map progress in multiplayer isn't being shared between the players anymore.
-This is intended. To mirror how it works on PC, the map progress will no longer be shared.

Can I change the cursor color of my mouse?
-You can't change cursor color, sorry.

Some of my accessories won't go into the vanity slot anymore.
-As of the 1.4 update, this is intended and matches what is on PC. Accessories that have no vanity display (they can't be seen on the character) can no longer go in the vanity slot.

I keep slowing down while running and swapping between my hotbar items.
-This is something that is on the list to be fixed. A workaround right now is to unbind your Navigation setting. Settings>Controller>Edit Controller Bindings>Explore>Navigate Hotbar. @ArticReaper has a great guide for it here: Console - How to fix Character Stutter on 1.4 update for Console

How do I see all of my menu, some of my UI is off the screen?
-This is something on the list to improve upon. Right now, you can fix this from the main menu settings. Settings>Interface>Advanced>Edit Safe Region. @ArticReaper has a great guide here: Console - How to fix safe region so hotbar is on screen for 1.4 Console Update

I can't move any of my NPC housing and I can't check to see if I have valid housing.
-This is something on the list to improve upon. Right now, these are the steps that have been helping most players have success:
  • Open your Inventory
  • Go to Housing
  • Make sure your NPC list is horizontal, not vertical (hit the housing button twice to switch between)
  • Check bottom controls: press the button that would activate “Switches to World” (if you don't have a button mapped to this, go bind one in the controller settings)
  • Move your cursor to the house
  • Check bottom controls: press the button for “Use Item”

One thing that seems to be working for people that say the above steps work some of the time, but not all of the time is to move the Housing “page group“ to the side of the inventory (where the bestiary used to be), so you can access it from the pause menu.

”Page Groups” can be moved like this…

divid.png

That's it for now Terrarians. If you have issues that you don't see listed here, be sure to do a search in the Console Bug Reports section - if you don't see your issue there, please go ahead and create a new thread to report it. The more details that you give, the steps that you've already tried, will be much more helpful to the dev team as they look over the reports. :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom