Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
:pinky::dryadtongue:`:DThis set I drew by hand would be somewhat of a bulky set, like turtle armour or beetle. I was going for a more regal look with the white plate, gold trim and purple tapestry, like the tiki pants sort of, with an arm cursed with a blue flame, this set would maintain its royal appearance during the day, but at night with the full set, the plate would turn black and the trim would go red and the tapestry would turn orange. As for any dyes one might use, it would cause the dyes to invert colours at night. This set would also provide a more advanced jumping animation to please the eye, (when the full set is used) this set would be called “the two souls helmet, chest and greaves” set as its colour changes are to represent me and my partner. Thanks for viewing my piece
And best of luck to everyone
-Rohan:dryadwink:

A15B8CC8-B60A-4F7D-A9F7-DBB810FCF4C2.jpeg

Quick note, you’d obtain this from the traveling merchant with a new dialogue exchange being “the new armour? Let’s just say the royal inquisition don’t take to kindly to having their armour... borrowed...”

Last edited:
Bottle_HD.jpg

Quite a simple Design: a bottle
-if it were possible id love it if Colors could change the Beverage and Label to resemble different Drinks
- Player Character (eg. eyes) should be still visible, however this is my first pixelart so im dont know how
- I'd love a walking animation where the Bottle Spins sideways or something to give a contrasting 3D Impression in the 2D world

Good Luck to all the Contestants and Have fun!
~ Dequi

This is my idea:
An accessory that just overlays on top of whatever headpiece you have on, e.g. fez or a helmet. The frame / glasses should be visible in darkness (not glow). And the glasses should be oversized for the head. Some red particle effects could be produced? Dyeing the glasses only colors the actual glass?
I would call these The Comets, and make them either craftable with Meteor bars and glass, or make them an ultrarare drop from meteor heads or aliens. Making them a drop from alien probes would also make them really cool to get.

terraria vanity idea.png

Here is my Idea:
IMG_2543.jpg

Not much to say. It took about 20 minutes to draw after I saw this thread.
Crown - Made of some sort of cobalt-esque material, hair would be visible underneath.
Chestplate - Red piece pulsates with a small color difference. The kilt-like thing is made of woven chain or something like that.
Boots - Literally nothing special about these.

so i have an idea of a suit that is star shaped ( like a fallen star sprite ) that fits the whole player and makes them look like a big star . You will be able to buy the costume from the clothier at night . The outfit will glow in the dark emitting yellow shade of light , at night the costume will glow but at day time the costume will be a bit transparent and less colorfull like stars in real life .
When taking damage the outfit will have sparks appear , i cant animate it but i hope you understand the idea . i have a concept of how it will look like . The outfit will be called the magic star outfit

magic star outfit 2.png
magic star outfit.png

Attachments

• magic star outfit.png
    magic star outfit.png
    1,013 bytes · Views: 120
View attachment 245494
I made this idea in Piskel and i think it would be pretty cool to have a vanity that combines all four celestial pillars into one.
I call it the Moonlight Set and I would love to see something like this in game even if it doesn't look exactly like mine
It would be cool to have the tooltip something like "The legendary armour of an ancient god" or similar

Good luck to everyone else!!!
Moonlight Armour.png

ps. The coloured parts glow in the dark

Last edited:
artwork.png

My idea is a 80s themed vanity set with whacky colors

Headset includes glasses and the wig

Body part includes the jacket , t-shirt and gloves

Legggings include the pants , sneakers and belt (thing colored blue and purpleish)

This is a simple idea, but it would be pretty cool in my opinion: just a plain hoodie. Alert: I'm terrible at photo editing! So sorry! 🤦‍♀️
I think that the variety of dyes in the game would open many possibilities to customization. For instance, a regular dye (like red dye) would just change the hoodie's color, while the "mixed dyes" would change the main color of the outfit to one of the dye's colors and the details (the inner part of the hood and the cords) to the other, like the blue and black dye changing the the details to black and the rest to blue.
For the head I'd like just the hood. When worn, the hair would appear a little, depending on the hair style, something like:
terraria.png

It would also be great that when the player is not wearing the "head piece", the hood would appear on the back, and when the character is moving, it bounces on the back, as well as the cords.

I don't have anything for the legs to match the rest, so this is it. I swear it looks so much better in my head, i'm just bad at editing... :dryadcry:
I hope you guys get the idea and see the possibilites of character customization with an animated hoodie as well as I do. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom