Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D6EC5AEA-283D-46D3-9531-85AC424308D8.jpeg

My submission for the terraria contest. If this is viable and if it gets implemented, it would have a 1/3000 chance to drop from spore zombies. Thank you for reading!

Here's my submission more may follow however I love many of these posts! I wish everyone the best of luck! The top left ignore (it was a scale reference). My Idea is called the Hooded Paladin Vanity set. To obtain I would hope it would drop from the plantera boss as he was one of the many souls lost to the vile vines.

Attachments

• Hooded Paladin Terraria Vanity Set.png
    Hooded Paladin Terraria Vanity Set.png
    230.5 KB · Views: 202
The Cyclops Warlord

My First Attempt at a Terraria skin, and there's a contest, so what the heck?

The set consists of the Cyclops Mask and the Warlord Robes, which consist of a cloth in the front and a cape in the back, and also change the color of the arms and legs.

I hope you all like it!

Cyclops Warlord (2).png

Last edited:
So i made a kind of animal bone theme. i think it looks pretty cool myself. There are bones sticking out of the side on the chestpiece and legs. And the jaw is clamped around. And there are horns coming out the back of the head.
15848429947061768159247.jpg1584843017814335254189.jpg15848430517001271122035.jpg
15848429947061768159247.jpg
1584843017814335254189.jpg
15848430517001271122035.jpg

So i made a kind of animal bone theme. i think it looks pretty cool myself. There are bones sticking out of the side on the chestpiece and legs. And the jaw is clamped around. And there are horns coming out the back of the head.
15848429947061768159247.jpg1584843017814335254189.jpg15848430517001271122035.jpg
15848429947061768159247.jpg
1584843017814335254189.jpg
15848430517001271122035.jpg
You could call the animal bone set

The Cyborg Vanity Set

This is my vanity set. As you can see, it is called the Cyborg vanity set, and the way to get it is
that each of the Mech Bosses, (Skeletron Prime, The Destroyer, and The Twins), will drop one of these
items at random each time you kill it. This is different to the bosses' own mask though, and they both can drop.

HEAD

1584856689404.png

This is the mask of the vanity set, but only facing right. When your character is facing left
it will have the normal head of your character, because the whole suit is half robot half human.
It has a glowing red eye that you could see in the darkness, but it does not emit any kind of light.

TORSO

1584857158281.png

This is the torso of the vanity set, and as you can obviously see it is already half transformed
into a robot. There is wires snaking across the human part of the chest, trying to consume the
whole chest. There is a segment in the arm that has been taken over by moss and rust, and it has fallen out.
You can see a part of the inner skeleton of the robot in the hole in the arm, and the space that is just
white would be transparent. There is an energy core in the center of the chest that is half built, and would
act the same way as the eye. It provides energy for the whole body.

LEGS

1584857538086.png

The legs are mostly the same as the rest of the body. The robot only goes up to the knee, and more wires are snaking
up the leg. The other leg is completely unaffected. The shoe on the robot side is a vibrant red, and it makes a metallic
clunk when walking.

THE WHOLE SET

1584857782654.png

The whole set is designed by me, and is a completely original idea. Sorry about the quality of the art, I'm not amazing at pixel art.​

Hello Terrarians!

This is the thread where you submit your entries for the Journey's End Vanity Contest! For more details about it, please check out the announcement thread!

WHAT IS ALLOWED/NOT ALLOWED?
  • Only one submission per person! If you make multiple submissions, we will select the first submission made, and the latter ones will be disqualified.
  • All Vanity entries must be the original work of the person submitting the idea - no stealing! (yes, we will look -_-)
  • Sprites from Terraria mods *ARE* allowed but only if you are the original creator of that artwork (this means the actual artist, not just anyone that happened to work on a given mod)
  • Direct lifts/overt references to other games/movies/tv shows/etc. are quite likely to be rejected (if we have to ask permission to use it, don't submit it ;) )
  • Please keep it PG-13 - nothing profane/offensive/etc. please
  • If you are looking for more guidance and next-level design tips, check out this link > Terraria Vanity Contest Best Practices & Design Tips

HOW DO I SUBMIT MY ENTRY?
  • Entries should consist of a design that includes Head/Torso/Leg (aligned to those vanity armor slots in the game). We will not be including wings/dyes/weapons/etc. Sorry.
  • All entries must include artwork of some kind. This could mean anything from super-fancy hand drawn art to MS Paint-level scribbles. However, the art - and any accompanying descriptions - need to be able to clearly communicate the idea. If we have to struggle to understand the concept, it will hurt your chances of winning... and trying to guess art from just text is going to give all of us headaches.
  • If you have a name for your creation, please provide it.
  • Entries should be submitted by posting in this thread. ONLY entries will be permitted in this thread. If you want to discuss the contest or specific entries, feel free to do so in the announcement thread here, Discord, etc.
  • All entries must be submitted by 11:59pm Eastern Time on April 13th, 2020 - NO EXCEPTIONS! :)

Please note that as stated above, ONLY submissions will be allowed in this thread. Non-submissions will be moved/removed by the moderator staff. You can ask questions or discuss the contest in the original thread!

Attachments

• incomprehensible man.png
    incomprehensible man.png
    49.2 KB · Views: 135
Okay, re-read the rules and added the armor and legs to match as well as a few basic tweaks, here is MK2 of my design - and the final :)
(I understand a weapon will not be included, but I like the aesthetic so I am keeping it!)

Thanks for the consideration!

nickrabbit.png

daeddqd.png

Head
Description : a red guzzler helmet
ToolTip: Its empty...

Torso
Description : A white puffer jacket,a side note ,this isn't related to the Parka Coat
ToolTip : made for the cold

Legs
Description : Black jogger pants with a white stripe for the hips to the ankle and
with white shoes to top it off
ToolTip : It smells like bread.. and lemons?
or
It smells like lemons... and bread?

About the Set
The set is an unconventional mix of clothing of a guzzle hat/helmet, a Puffer jacket
and Jogger pants
The idea came from me while lying down the bed thinking of good vanity sets for the game,
I had 2 previous vanity sets made before this one, but before making this set I checked the entire thread if anyone has
submitted this type of clothing, after seeing astronauts, bananas, and knights repeatedly, I found that noone has recreated it,
asking for my friends help (amazing artist btw), he made a pixel art similar to what is shown, I heavily modified/improved
it so it wouldn't look like a reference, difference being I changed the color, made a female version (I tried :()and
changing it from a vest to a jacket, so i hope you appreciate the work me and my friend has put into this vanity set.

Good Luck To all :)

(I still do not have a name for this set)

Attachments

• pixil-frame-0 (3).png
    pixil-frame-0 (3).png
    21.1 KB · Views: 132
  • pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    pixil-frame-0 (4).png
    21.1 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Please accept my submission for consideration:

Concept
The Guardians of the Sea have watched over the ocean since time before time, protecting it from the evil taking hold of Terraria. Once, other Guardians protected the land and air, but darkness swallowed them. Now, the Guardians of the Sea send Ozo and Zozo to the surface to fight and keep the world from collapsing. Take up the mantle of Ozo (male) or the cloak of Zozo (female) and help them in their battle!

Suggested Crafting Recipe
MUST be standing by a sink.
Materials: 1 Blue jellyfish, 5 Seaweed (obtained from fishing)

Concept Art
OzoandZozo.png

Glow mask should be applied to eyes and horns.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom