Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Shadow Gear
As this will be the last Terraria update, I thought why not give the vanity sets something special, so my vanity idea (The Shadow Gear) has two main special features, firstly it has a Shadow Trail, and secondly something called Shadow State which is where you sort of merge with the background by becoming translucent, like a shadow. I hope these features are allowed, and I hope you enjoy my idea:
Terraria Contest.jpg

The Shadow Cloak (Head Slot):
The Shadow Cloak is a sleeveless cloak that covers the majority of the player (the player's face, arms, part of their chest and part of their feet can be seen). The outside of the cloak is dark grey, and the inside is pitch black. The cloak gives the player a shadow over their face, similar to the Yoraiz0r's Scowl accessory. The cloak also provides the Shadow Trail feature, which is similar to the Shadow Armor's trail and the Nebula Mantle's trail, as it is jet black, but is a bit longer, and fades at the end. The faster the player goes the longer the trail will go on for. Hair is not usually shown, but if it's long, a bit will show. Only the cloak is needed to be worn to get this face shadow and the trail.

The Shadow Shirt (Torso Slot):
The Shadow Shirt is a sleeveless shirt which also includes cloth which is wrapped around the players elbow area. The shirt is black (but not as black as the inside of the cloak) with grey cloth wrapped around the lower chest area, and a cross in the grey cloth used on the upper chest area. The cloth wrapped around the player's elbow would be grey, just like the cloth on the chest.

The Shadow Pants (Legs Slot):
The Shadow pants consist of trousers and boots which the player wears. The pants are black (the same shade as the shirt), and have grey cloth wrapped around the knees, as well as a sort of belt that's also made up of the grey cloth. The boots are a similar grey colour to the cloth, and have black soles.

The Whole Set:
When wearing the whole set, after about 5 seconds of standing still, Shadow State is enabled, which causes the player to go translucent (not as translucent as the Shroomite or Vortex set, but similar to how a Wraith is translucent). Also, maybe if the player is hit, during the invincibility frames they also go translucent. If the player was to wear the Shroomite or Vortex set in the armour slots while wearing The Shadow Gear in the vanity slots, when in stealth mode, instead of just going translucent, the player will become completely invisible, similar to how the player goes completely invisible when wearing the Familiar set.

Final Ideas:
I was thinking the Tool Tip could be something like 'You know they're there, but you can't see them', as that was once what my friends said to describe me, which also fits perfectly with the set. The set should also be dye-able, and if the cloak is dyed the trail could also be dyed, but this might be weird, so i'm not sure. Also, as new wind features will be introduced in the 1.4 update, I was thinking the cloak wafting in the wind would show it off very well.

Thank you for looking at my vanity idea, and good luck finishing the update, we're all really looking forward to it.

I worked hard on this one because im not good at pixel art, im also not good at making things.
its a costume with spikes sticking out of it.

he has a bunch of spikes on him.

Attachments

• Spike (2).png
    Spike (2).png
    29.8 KB · Views: 117
  • SPIKEDUMBPAINT.png
    SPIKEDUMBPAINT.png
    13.8 KB · Views: 129
This is a vanity called Hybrid its is a mix of a bug lord and demon for the head. For torso is futuristic warrior. Lastly for legs is Octopus
15848858241561048018812.jpg

I did the pixeled version and the drawn version. I hope you like it!

The Great Sailor Set

Hat: The Great Explorer
Suit: The 189 Medals Suit
Pants: The Conqueror's Trousers

It could be dropped by, maybe, a special enemy only found in the sea, like a zombie Salior or maybe even an entire ship, with multiple enemies inside, like a miniboss for the sea in HardMode, as the mimics or the wyvern.

1 sin título_20200322163532.png
The Bucaneer Set.png

Last edited:
1584892076174.png

The vanity will have a set bonus where 6 Death Sickles will orbit the player dealing no damage and having no effects other then aesthetics. The vanity would be obtained by killing Abyssian, lord of shades which would be a new boss fight exclusive to Master Mode.
The fight is started by using a Cursed Scythe. This item is made from 20 Pure Void (which is an item dropped by Reapers in Master Mode) and a Death Sickle.
The helm will say "a helm made of pure darkness only the magic of the Void can escape" and will sell for 20 gold
The chest plate will say "the purple crystal within this plate glows ominously" and will sell for 30 gold
The treds will say "treds of the mighty warrior Abysian, now they belong to you" and will sell for 25 gold
He looks just like this vanity but with a Death Sickle as his weapon.
The boss has several attacks:
Dash:
He will aim at the player with his Death Sickle and charge towards them creating a trail of Death Sickle projectiles behind him. When they spawn they are rotating very quickly but after a second or two they will slow down and fade out. He will do this multiple times in a row before starting the next attack
Lasers:
He will stand still and swing his sickle around himself. This will create 16 small purple warning lines around him and then the second time the sickle rotates around him they will turn into purple Moon Lord lasers that persist for less than a second. He will do this attack once before changing attack.
Pitchfork rain:
He will dash along a random side of a players screen so quickly that he just looks like a purple blur and he will leave 8 Unholy Trident projectiles that will fly inwards and despawn when off screen. He will do this multiple times in a row before starting the next attack.
Ring of scythes:
He will aim his sickle at the player and match their y coordinate and be about 15 blocks away from them to the left or right. 6 Death Sickle projectiles will form around him and then they will fly at the player and rotate in circle around the center of the ring. This attack will repeat multiple times in a row before he changes attack.
Super dash:
He will aim at the player and transform into a purple and black bolt and then dash at them with lighting speed. After going past where he was aiming for he will stop and summon 6 demon scythes around him that will then fly outwards as he dashes once again. This attach will happen multiple times in a row.
Spinning scythes:
Se will twirl his scythe around him and 6 small purple warning lines will appear 60 degrees away from each other away and then Demon Scythe projectiles will fly along the lines and get faster as they move. They will despawn after hitting the middle of the lines and after going of screen. This attack will happen multiple times in a row before he starts his attack pastern over again.
Death
Upon dying he will teleport all over the screen at an increasing rate as the screen slowly glows white before flashing and then he will drop his treasure bag that will only contain the vanity set and maybe some other things (if you want it to).
He has 65,000 hp and deals 80 damage per hit from any projectile and from melee he deals 120 damage but feel free to tweek these stats.

Alternatively, if you don't like the idea of a boss fight then they could be made from combining the dragon helmet with 30 Pure Void to make the visage of the shade walker combining the dragon chest plate to with 50 pure void to make the chest plate of the shade walker and combining the dragon greaves with 35 pure void to make the treds of the shade walker all of thiss will only work at an ancient manipulator
Thanks for spending the time to read my idea! it really means a lot to me!

Last edited:
Exploit.png

Name: Exploit
The head consists of a box-shaped looking head with slight angular horns and a screen (with or without a face on it)

The torso is half golden, half gray plating with missile launchers coming out of the back. The arms have gold at the end of the arms and at the shoulders.

The legs are the gray plating with gold pointed shoes.

This is something I drew a while back and I'd love to see it in Terraria!

Vaporwave Vanity.png

I call it Vaporwave Rave, it's a pair of Vaporwave sunglasses, with a Vaporwave necklace, and some Vaporwave boots. I doubt I'd get in but, hey its worth a shot!
Tooltips: (Sunglasses): "Makes you look even cooler." (Necklace): "It doesn't do much, but it sure looks great." (Boots): "The wearer can run the same speed."
How to obtain them:
Vanity Crafting tree.png

I hope you appreciated my submission!
Vanity on guy HD.png

Vanity on mannequin.png

Vanity set.png

thats my submission , its a hell knight armor and corupted hell knight armor it would be most fitting it if would drop from mob hell knight , hardmode hell mob , corupted hell knight on the other hand would be spawned only if hell would go in touch with coruption.

Attachments

• terraria.png
    terraria.png
    17.9 KB · Views: 174
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom