Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an idea for a full body costume. It aint the best artwork but this is what I think a tree costume should look like
T R E E  M A N.jpg

The magicians outfit.png
Terraria Player Base.png

This is the magician's outfit. There are two fake arms and fake legs on the outfit to make it look like they have four arms and t they are floating.
This is original artwork by me and any similarities to anything else is coincidental.

Last edited:
IMG_2121.jpg

The helmet is seen clearly. Rounded head with a black visor and fang-like protrusions. Simple chest piece with shoulder spikes. For the legs, matching armor on the knees and boots. A very modest armor set, but I hand drew this a few years back, and it would be awesome if this won. I call it The Python Set.

I'm by far not the best artist here, (some people have super amazing talents!) but I decided I'd give this costume contest a go. I very seriously and earnestly enjoy this masterpiece of a game you've created, and I will very much keep playing it throughout the entire course of my life.

Now that I'm done talking about you, let's get to business, shall we?

My vanity set is inspired by one of the main themes of terraria: Magic.
I've created a fairly basic knight-like set that has a very warm color pallet. The main idea is that blue fire is flaring up out and off of broken or cracked parts of the armor, while also gathering at the character's feet. The character is wearing a small bit of yellow cloth around the shoulder, with it mostly being engulfed in flames. A small bit of brown is in the picture also the represent rock, which fits well with the warm coloration and the theme of fire. (maybe it's cooled fire or something, idk.) I wish I could have animated the fire, but due to lack of skill along with time constraints, I could not. But yeah, that's pretty much it.

I wish the best of luck to each and every contestant in this comp, I really do. There are so many fantastic designs here, and I'd honestly be happy having any of them added to the game. It's been an honor.

1584153465252.png

This set that I made is call the Grim set. It is a vanity set, each piece with a one in 25 chance of dropping from a reaper during a solar eclipse. It greatly resembles a reaper. On top of that, you can dye your Grim set, and then when you use the death-sickle, it will be colored corresponding to the dye your armor has. preferably I'd like to the leggings of the armor decaying, making it have the illusion of floating, but I couldn't draw that. Re-logic, you have amazed me to extents which I cannot measure, keep it up.

To whoever wins the contest, I've seen some REALLY good entries in here, and the fact that you topped all of those, is amazing. Great job!

Edit:
Sorry the image is too small, I can't seem to find out how to enlarge it.
Edit 2:
I fixed it

Attachments

• Grim Vanity Set-1.png.png
    Grim Vanity Set-1.png.png
    516 bytes · Views: 94
  • Grim Set.PNG
    Grim Set.PNG
    15.8 KB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Heres my badly drawn entry, I hope it gets the point across.
Its a ribbon, you put it on your torso and a magic ribbon goes around you. The ribbon starts out as pink (but It could be dyed) and swirls all around your lower body. It would be placed in the torso vanity slot. The picture badly represents it but the ribbon would be more uh.. "floaty" than that. I think it would be a pretty neat vanity item, just a ribbon.

Magic ribbon.png

Hi, this is my Mechanical Paladin Vanity Set, this costume has:

Helmet: A mask that has a glow in the face and in the dot in the eargear, it allows to see the hair of the character too.
Body: Two big shoulder pads and a chestplate that glows, globes also glow.
Legs: I attempted to add kneepads but i couldn't, the front of the shoes glow tho.

I used the ArmorHelper From Mirsario
MPBeta.png

Male Version
MPBeta_FullArmor.png
MPBeta_GIFFullArmorPlayer.gif

Female Version
MPBeta_FullArmorPlayerFemale.png
MPBeta_GIFFullArmorPlayerFemale.gif

Attachments

• MPBeta.png
    MPBeta.png
    2.7 KB · Views: 291
  • MPBeta_GIFFullArmorPlayerFemale.gif
    MPBeta_GIFFullArmorPlayerFemale.gif
    66 KB · Views: 311
  • MPBeta_GIFFullArmorPlayer.gif
    MPBeta_GIFFullArmorPlayer.gif
    65.9 KB · Views: 288
  • MPBeta_FullArmorFemale.png
    MPBeta_FullArmorFemale.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 286
  • MPBeta_FullArmor.png
    MPBeta_FullArmor.png
    6.9 KB · Views: 287
Last edited:
From the day this game hit the market on May 16th, 9 years ago all of us a Terrarians have traveled across the world you all have made each of us with our own goals. Some of us were brought into this world to create a beautiful structures and works of art, some of us came to take on the fiercest enemies and bosses that this game can bring us, and some wanted to play this game as fast as they could, or even change it in ways that even the creators could not even comprehend. We have all been on this long road, we have all fought, and climbed and clawed out way to the top. That is why i think this outfit should be called "The Long Road" it is a set that establishes, the trials, struggles, and triumphs we have all been though in this game, our clothes dirtied torn and patched up with any material we have found. our faces stained with blood, ash, plant matter, and even space goo, but atop of our head a shining crown of gold, rainbow gems glisten as it shines with the glow of our own determination, hopes, and dreams, an awesome light that shines even in the darkest of night, that dwells in each an every one of us within this world, a light that even the gods of Terraria are blinded by. This is something that everyone on the dev team of this game has given us, a world to be ourselves, a world where we can be gods, and for this i think the Crown should have a special name, in honor to all the devs and players of this game "A Journey Fulfilled" A shining representation of our achievements, of our pride as Terrarians, for some this game is our life, and for others, its a way for us to express ourselves. With a crown on our heads, gilded and shining, with our beat up clothes and bodies, it shows that we have made it, and that we are willing to do it all over again. I serenely thank you all for the work and love that you in the dev team put into this game, and i hope that all of your own dreams and hopes may be fulfilled one day.
A loyal Fan, And Terrarian, Sam <3

Head: "A Journey Fulfilled" | A gold crown that shines, with rainbow gemstones that gleam all the colors. it was a long road, but we made it.

Torso: "The Long road Shirt" | Battered, torn and patched up, with diffrent colors, the Top that hides under the armor and costumes we all wear.

Legs: "The Long Road Pants" | Ripped, sewn, and dirty, from battle after battle, from swimming in flooded caverns and, even traversing hell,
these pants have seen it all.

Maybe a Shining glow effect when full set is worn?
Journy's end.png

also i am not good at creating sprites so this is just a rough estimate. and good luck to all entries!

Last edited:
HatShrek8.png

Ogre Costume.
A sexy looking ogre that is basically just Shrek with an Irish hat and bloodshot eyes.

Ogre cultural headwear
Ogre tunic
Ogre trousers

Terraria Contest Entry.png
Terraria Undershirt (2).png

This is my entry, is a grey themed outfit with violet accents. Specifically the gem of the crown, the corners of the shoulder pads, and the lower portion of the edge of the cloak. I hope you all like it!

The pieces would be called:

- Czar Alexander's Crown
- Czar Alexander's Cloak
- Czar Alexander's Boots

Edit: (Right Side Image)
I realized after making the first image that capes don't work well while flying, so I made this undershirt for other motions. The red is simply where the Terrarian's head and hands are. (The undershirt is not a separate item but simply a texture to be used if needed while moving.)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom