Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
simple and minimal design for speed and agility. (obviously doesnt do that) wrapped in red so enemies dont know if theyre injured

Attachments

• iP5HAg6.jpg
    iP5HAg6.jpg
    987.4 KB · Views: 156
pixil-frame-0.png
I made a Disco set, The character has a disco ball as a head piece, and a jumper like torso and legs. The pink is skin and is not part of the actual costume

QUETZALCOATL'S WARRIOR

Quetzalcoatl's warrior.JPG

• My concept is an Aztec/Incan/Mayan/Southern American warrior, with plenty of bright colours, sparkly gems and gold.
  • I've based it off of the Aztec god Quetzalcoatl ("Quet-zal-co-at-L")- the feathered serpent, a boundary-maker between earth and sky.
  • Key features would be chunky, blocky jewellery and an impressive headdress to intimidate all the Terrarian bosses (and make Golem jealous, of course :golem:).
  • I appreciate that it would be hard to translate a lot of the details into the vanity on the game, but as long as there's the bold iconic colours of Aztec art and the chunky shapes, I think Quetzalcoatl would be proud and the beauty of Southern American art would be conveyed well.
  • I felt as though there's a lot of potential in Terraria for more Aztec-type things, so perhaps this could be a drop from the Flying Snakes in the Jungle Temple.
  • I've tried to stick to the main colours that Quetzalcoatl has been depicted to have, but it may inadvertently look like another well-known lizard (not on purpose, so colour palette changes are more than welcome if ever the case).
  • I feel as though it would also inspire a lot of builds- I know I would want to construct a golden temple in a thick jungle as soon as I got the vanity!
  • It was super fun to make, and I would love to see the feathers blowing gracefully in the wind as I conquer my world :)

Basically it's a vanity set, based on your worlds evil.
Example:
Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 10.59.34 AM.png

(Since i'm bad, the helmet is supposed to be horns, and so is the thing on the back.)
Every bit has something different to it. Like this has blood on it's back horn.
Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 11.07.20 AM.png

This has corrupted spore-like things that float around it, obviously showing this is the corruption variant
Once you get to half health, A blood, or corrupted, or hallow aura appears behind you, doing nothing of course.
Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 11.04.04 AM.png
(Looks bad, I know.)
And once you get into hard mode, the vanity changes into a hallowed vanity.
Screenshot 2020-03-20 at 11.23.26 AM.png

As you can see, there is a little of a difference compared to the other vanities. This one has a unicorn horn instead of evil horns. The helmet is a different shape and stars twinkle around you. I know that this could look WAY better if professionals were at the works.
Crimson set name - Blood Gush Corruption set name - Dread Hallow set name - Sparkle

crusader.png
this is my crusader. i also have a lore for my vanity. . . Once the crusader wore this armor then they went to defeat the mighty ZZapDragon . the all failed except for one who slayed the scaly beast you are now wearing his armor

Cyberspore Suit (Still).png
Cyberspore Suit (Jumping).png

CYBERSPORE SUIT

Main idea

The idea behind this vanity set is simple. It is supposed to be a suit made for the Truffle by the Cyborg.
I find these NPC really interesting, and in a way, they resemble eachother. So it would be cool if they had more interaction.
Also, they look a bit lonely, don't you think?

(The Cyborg could start studying the Truffle out of curiosity and they later become close friends.
This is supposed to be a present for the Truffle, but showing a peculiar item to the Cyborg may allow you to get a copy.)

Obtaining

This vanity set should be sold by the Cyborg while having the Strange Glowing Mushroom in the inventory.
Each piece should be priced at about 5-10 gold.

Vanity Set design

(I needed to add this paragraph, because the design idea is not really clear from these sprites.
I'm pretty bad at drawing, and even if I used to be a spriter years ago, I stopped so I'm out of shape.)

This set has three different pieces.

The helmet is made out of a synthetic fibre that is also elastic and could fit everyone's head. That's why it hasn't got the Truffle head's shape.
In the front part there are some small cells that release mushroom spores (the light-blue part in the sprite).
They form a protector screen, and they leave a trail, similar to a smoke or flame trail. (This should be animated while moving.)

The torso has the same properties as the helmet, but it also has some pretty resistant plating, especially near the main Fungus,
which is placed in the middle and serves as a spore generator for the helmet. Small tubes run around the whole body, transporting
these spores all over (you can see them over the arms).

The leggins are made to be really confortable. The tubes mentioned before run along the back of each leg, so that's why they're not visible.
Some spores are stored in the boots, allowing the wearer to watch their step, even in complete darkness.

The whole set should leave a trail which is almost like a residue image made out of light-blue, glowing dust. Not uniform like the one from Shadow armor nor "grainy" like the one from the Molten armor. Something "in between".

That's it! Thank you very much if you read all of this. I hope you like the idea!

(This post could contain some issues, that's why I'm not a native English speaker. I'm sorry!)

Last edited:
This is my submission, King Cobra gear, the hood would hang off the back of the head and the Cobra tail would be similar to the mermaid tail costume where the legs disappear.
King Cobra Gear.png
King Cobra Gear on a Mannequin.png
(UPDATE)This is what i think it would look like on a mannequin. I tried to put a base but failed. Yeah, i'm not an artist. :)

Last edited:
The Caretaker's Set

CareetakersCleanSet.png The Caretaker's Set

Been an avid summoner user ever since I found out class based damage exists in the game, so I always wanted a caretaker vanity set.
The main idea here is a mix of African and Japanese outfits and design mostly. Since i'm rusty with my hand drawn art and art in general this sprite is the best I can do.
The set is also has a bit more inspiration with Japanese samurais and such since I recently enjoyed playing a new load out with the sabers in the Weapons Out Mod.

Caretaker'sMask.png Caretaker's Mask

The Caretakers Mask is similar to mime's mask where the face is the only one covered so that the hair is still seen, only that there's some strings of leaves or hay coming out similar to a tribal mask. I always thought there should be more mask cosmetics always allow the hair to be seen. The stylist needs more love < 3.
The leaves/hay could be animated with player movement for effect, additionally could go with the wind instead seeing as the new wind with the update and all.
The mask itself is only a half mask so the mouth portion is just the face itself and the rest is covered by the mask. The eye was just personal preference when I think of a care taker-esque fighting summoner.

caretaker'supper.png Caretaker's Upper

The upper is mostly a mix of Leinfor's Set, Ancient set and Vampire set.
In not quite sure if the upper itself is drawn together in the middle or draped open looks better so I did a vague design of both, but the top is pinned by an amulet or a regular badge.
The sleeves, come out like its loosely fit at the arms, similar to a Shepherd's outfit.
The lower parts of the upper where it drapes off into a split seems better if it goes with the leg animation instead of static in place or opening like vampire's would.

Caretaker'sPants.png Caretaker's Lower

Caretaker's pants is just normal grey sweatpants or pants in general, except the shoes are wooden slippers.
Although, the wooden slippers could look better as sandals like again, a shepherd's.

I made a Dirty version of Caretaker's Set to try to match what it would be like to live and take care of dozens of pets, mounts and summons, unsure if the clean or dirty version is better though. Maybe It turns dirty when a summon or mount is out? (with exception of pets maybe?)

Caretaker'sDirtySet.pngCaretaker'sDirtyUpper.png

The overall color scheme is surrounded around brown, orange and grey but the one I messed around with looks a bit too obnoxious, and I even had to change it in the upper sprite since it was a bit too bright for comfort.

As a vanity set effect; if it even is allowed. (Didn't see any mention of it) I though it would look interesting if Leaves/Hay falling down like tree leaves when moving or the aforementioned dirt variation, activated somehow. But it would probably look nicer without.

EDIT: I forgot to mention how it could be obtained: Through a percent chance in the overworld chests, along with slime staff or the enchanted shrines

I hope this is enough information to convey my idea.
Good luck to all!

Attachments

• Pants.png
    Pants.png
    282 bytes · Views: 112
Last edited:
Call it Serial Killer Set. There are black jeans and a long, yellow, leather jacket with black fur on the hood (not a raincoat). The jacket is open so that you see the undershirt. The color of the undershirt depends on what you chose for your characters undershirt. The mask is just something i thought looked cool, where the color combination is a little different. The eye color of the mask also depends on what color you chose for your characters eyes. I like the Yellow and black together which is why i chose those colors. The shoes does not change.
An idea of a particle effect could be blood dripping from the character as it walks.

I thought that you would get the set when you have killed a certain amount of enemies, because then you are technically a serial killer. 😉

Attachments

• Terraria Set.PNG
    Terraria Set.PNG
    37.3 KB · Views: 131
  • Terraria character.PNG
    Terraria character.PNG
    11.1 KB · Views: 111
Last edited:
Untitled_Artwork.png D2408A13-55D5-4BED-A5DD-96F06B66DF91.jpeg

made my vanity set using parts of terraria’s bosses.

hat: plantera, eye of cthulhu, the twins, brain of cthulhu queen bee, duke fishron and lunatic cultist
Torso: golem, moonlord, skeletron and skeletron prime
Legs: destroyer, eater of worlds and king slime

My Design, Defo won't win.
It is the Dragonborn set.
Again I'm not very talented so yeah I can be flexible with it,
tbh I am actually quite proud,
Enderlew
P.S sorry if formatting is bad lol.
Vanity.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back