Journey's End Vanity Contest Submission Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My entry is a concept I've wanted to see in game for a while. It is based on a race I came up with called the Umbrahanah.
The Umbrahanah are mysterious shadow-like beings. Extremely few have seen them and lived. They primarily travel as shadows to remain unseen,
yet they have been known to take a humanoid form, especially when they communicate with the lucky few they deem worthy of their time.

The idea is to have a sort of "living shadow" element to the armor in game. A wispy, moving body that is subtly humanoid,
yet hard to truly view the details of. The eyes are the only true contrast: a vivid, piercing light on an otherwise dark exterior.

Regarding dye, I think that dye could alter the wispy effects, slightly coloring them, while keeping the dominant dark black
color scheme intact. Eye color will either be static (Green as shown here), or changeable to match the wearer's eye color.

FrontSmaller.PNG

SideSmaller.PNG

Thank you for checking out my concept. I have been playing since 2011, and have always been amazed by the love
the developers pour into the game. I secretly hope Journey's End isn't actually the last update, even if this time
it really does feel like the end. Either way, this contest really showcases yet again just how much the developers value
the community.

Someone's dream will come true at the end of this. I hope it's me, but considering the
"consolation prize" is still someone who truly loves the game becoming immortalized within it, I'll be happy
either way. Thanks again, and I can't wait for Journey's End!

heya i wanted to put a kobold into it the ring, well a kobold artificer...
she is based on my D&D character i play there.

i think this kobolds or lizardly dragonish things migth fit nicely into the game i oh so dearly love to play.
i had a few friends who actually would have like to have something in this direction in the game.
i wanted to appease not only myself with this but also ppl who would like to play as dragon kobold or lizard alike aswell wanted it to be a bit flexible with the overall desining like if you wear only the chest that you have a nice outfit with a steampunk mechanical arm or just the head and the bottem part to have a tail and a dragonic
appearance.
i keept the middle parts at a sameish color pattern so that ppl can dye it~
if it is possible maybe let the "grey skin" be the chars skin? i dont mind if its dyeable if you lets say want to play as a red dragon kobold or lizardy thing...
for the glowmasks i would like to have the eyes glow and the blue part on the arm... that is if i even get choosed... i will have to say i have seen a few things here that look quite nice.

I hope you guy atleast take a look at my thingy here... heh i put alot of work into it even tho it may dose not look like it.

uhmm sorry for my bad english... thanks for reading and looking at it have a nice day.
koboldTerraria.png
~

Name: Salem
Description:
Upper part of their head is replaced with branches and a crow, that follows the hero when they move.
Their hands are bigger because they are entwined with the roots. Under the roots hands are burning.
Their belt is decorated with a rope and a hay. The left sprite contains a hay, while the right sprite doesn't, because i couldn't decide, weather it's better with it or not.
Salem.png

1586766849674.png

Well this looks ugly but I'll post it anyway.
This design is inspired by night's edge, specifically it's recipe. Hell-forged steel, jungle's nature, corruption ,plus dungeon's "trapped" element. Core idea is [Nature & steel trapped inside of eachother, both being corrupted]. Steel plate covers the whole body, yet corrupted leaves and branches still sprouts out of it. I wanted to draw shackles around wrists&ankles, too bad I can't draw :red:. Unprotected stomach is part of the dungeon elements, inspired by how ronin and ninja rarely wear any armor.
night.png

This is the Rebuilt Set.

The concept is cyberpunk meets trashy old robotics aesthetics. Imagine Robocop, but on a budget. The design is simple but I didn't want to bloat it due to how rough it might look in pixel art form otherwise. That and I had two days to finish this lol.

kvterrariacomp.png

Thanks for the amazing motivation to get off my butt and draw something, even if it was just with a mouse.

This is my submission for the Journey's End Vanity Contest!

Name: Pool float ft. soda (ft. my name here?)
Item type: the chest piece of your dreams

Looks: Flamingo might be the true original, but there are endless possibilities (swans, unicorns etc.).
Features: Making use of the buoyancy perhaps?

Who says no to Miami sunsets before blood moon??

Image (7).png

Image (4).png
Image (2).png

Last edited:
Verty’s set

Verty’s Snapback of Stories

“Save These Ones For A Better Day.”

Verty’s Cloak

Verty’s Pants

I sort of just stared and changed tiny little things until had an outcome I was happy with and well this is it. Not really a “costume” but more of a vanity set that just represents me as a person.

The hat is supposed to be more of the signature part of the set.

F47DED6B-DE71-47BB-8D01-0107C505AF46.png

Lot of inspiration from leinfors’s top as well just needed a few small changes😁

I had an idea for something more costume-esque kind of thing, and I wanted to give it a "magical" feel, I did what I could to represent what I had in mind .P

I named it -Duskhaunt-
yay.png

This is a rough draft of my idea, I was thinking that because the update is called "Journey's End" a Journeyman would be a good fit, The sprite was kinda rushed but the gist of it is kinda understood.

(Head slot) The Raccoon hat
(Torso slot) Leather jacket
(Pant Slot) Leather pants & Moccasins

Although the look is more of an American frontiersman kinda style, the message is still portrayed
They're an adventurer at the end of a journey.

I'm not much of an artist so let me add that...
-There is a belt on the jacket
-The clothing should be weathered (Not really too sure how to do that effect and make it look good)
-And it would be cool (not saying it has too) if the raccoon hat tail would move with the character as they move
a.e. the tail would go back and flail a little while the player is running, it would go up as the character is falling. It'd just move with the wind basically.

The name for this se
Frontiersman_Journeyman  (1).png
t would just be Journeyer.

Hooded Wanderer (no pixelart)png.png

+:====== Sandy Stephenson ======:+
'The Loose Cannon'
"The desert casts long shadows.
And I live in them"

+:============:+
Head:
A modified gas mask which makes it easy to keep your eyes and lungs working in the event of a sandstorm, along with a hat which has a wide brim at the back, making it appears as if it's
the hood of a robe.

Torso:
A sandy, rugged canvas cape suitable for only the most adventurous adventurers. "Makes sleeping under the stars a lick more pleasant".
Underneath the cape is a shirt with a spider silk lining and cotton exterior, less heavy in the hot desert winds; and a pair of tough leather gloves for handling ant-lions if they get too close.

Legs:
Trusty red leather boots is all the protection your feet need on the hot sands. Along with hard-wearing canvas trousers (held up by a belt/scarab-bomb holster) The Loose Cannon has an unrivalled survival loadout.

well I guess there's Vortex armor but we'll be hush about that because this guy's really cool

+:============:+
MIND-BLOWING FEATURES
(some of which are probably impossible to implement)
  • Sand particle effects either from under feet or whole body (like meteorite armour)
  • A waving cape idle animation
  • The fact that there's a cape + shirt combo! (this is only here because I really hope that it's possible. if it's not, then the cape alone would be really cool!)
  • The lenses on the eyes could be reflective, like reflective metal dye, I suppose

Thank you for reading!
I put a lot of work in to this project (you didn't see half of the stuff i tried to draw), so I'm glad you took the time to scroll through this whole thing, and even if you didn't, I'm still happy. Either way, Thank you to Re-Logic and all of the Terraria community for being part of my life and giving me the opportunity to share my creativity. I think that it fits well with the somehat overhauled desert in this update, and it really would be absolutely incredible to be part of this most awesome and ambitious of games, so I'm really glad that I can try, and I'm hoping to see Sandy's Mask, Sandy's Cape, and Sandy's Trousers this Summer!
<3
Desert Wanderer Cape.gif

"Hasta Luego!"

Last edited:
I think having a fun, silly wig and some clothes that can fit in to many other kinds of outfits would be a nice in between for a good set. I thought that a set based on a delinquent would be good one for that! I tried to make the zippers and earrings obvious with how small the character can be on screen. (P. S. The more exaggerated the pompadour, the better!)
terrariavanitydel.png
terrariavanitydelman.png

image.jpg

The vanity items in the inventory will look like it’s black sweatshirt and sweatpants and a black ski mask but when they are put on the clothes change to whatever wallpaper or background is behind the user making it a stealth effect without actually giving it to the player. The random colors in the image are to show the backgrounds it can be and the black is what it will be in the inventory. The only visible things in the character will be their eye and their hands as the rest of the vanity set covers their body.

This vanity set is based on the underworld in Terraria. If i win, this vanity set would be made mainly out of Hellstone ore and silk. The Head is created out of 20 hellstone ore and 15 silk. The torso is created out of 24 hellstone ore, 15 silk and 1 mysterious cape. The legs are created out of 12 hellstone ore and 10 silk.

Thanks,
Josh (Age 11)

Attachments

• Molten Mage_Terraria.jpg
    Molten Mage_Terraria.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 114
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom